Re: DaVinci Junior cartridge reset

jenne wrote:

My tag just got empty today and told me "Filament empty".

By the way, i have no problem resetting the tag, even it is goes to zero.

Do you have the 2.2.6 firmware?

Hi Guys, has anyone tried printing with the thermo-changing PLA? The one that is one colour at low temperature and changes when you touch it or it gets warm?

greatone76 - unfortunately no luck... sad
Double checked and triple checked...

greatone76 - just a quick one.
I do still use genuine XYZ spools, let me know if you want to have a data dump of NFC chip prior the print and after to compare if anything changes.
(I'm still far from going zero but that usually takes me about a week or so.)

855 (edited by greatone76 2016-05-02 12:37:25)

kr15_uk

I"m just trying to figure out what is happening with the unidentified spools in 2.2.6.  Just trying to see if it is checking more of the info like Pages 9, 0C, 0D and 0E.  Since we know those pages have the same info as the printed tag.  I'm assuming they have color codes, batch numbers ect.  And I'm just trying to figure out if it is checking those and not liking when they don't match (since it seems to happen when you change colors perhaps the page 9 lot number needs to match the color in page 8.)   Or if we are seeing them record something like the UID and length and it won't let the length be increased for the UID.

greatone76 - can't remember if I mentioned that before but after an upgrade it was printing fine on my so called "hacked" filament/NFC. All problems started after I've changed colour page. Just wanted to mention it...

Did you rest the color and length or just the color?  Trying to figure out if you could go back and at least using the remaining length you had like it locks in a number and if the same tag comes back with a higher number it gives an error. Or if it sees something like an increase from the same tag it says no to that tag forever.

greatone76 - I'm pretty sure I did colour only (it was on 190 and it wasn't going as smoothly so decided to ramp up the temperature), BUT after it reported unidentified filament I kind of a panicked and started to change records back and forth.
But again, that "panic" clouded my memory to clearly recollect right order of the steps I've done.

Last time when I checked filament it said 164m but after that I had couple of prints, not worth than 40-50m.

I could try to feed back the same colour code and length which is below 100 or so...
I've tried to write 00000000 to page 14 and it showed colour code + other bits and bobs, at least no unidentified spool...

Do you know some length codes by any chance?!
Thanks.

I confirm that after update to 2.2.6 it was printing with the "hacked " fillament NFC , but when I changed the code lines ,reset length,colours etc...it doesnt recognize the NFC chip.
The bad notice is , I think that its impossible to make an downgrade firmware at davinci jr. 1.0....so if you want to use NON xyz fillament,is better , for now ,DO NOT UPGRADE!

clusgs2,

Would you post the values you have for page 2? I am curious, because kr15_uk's do not match what I have for a stock Nature chip.

Length codes to try.

A0 86 01 00 - 100
90 5F 01 00 - 90
80 38 01 00 - 80
50 C3 00 00 - 50
20 4E 00 00 - 20

http://soliforum.com/i/?idgljDW.jpg
now I have this lines ,but not work with 2.2.6

Thank you.

Set page 8 to 5A 50 5A 00 and try it.

Is there a version of ThreeDubber for any of the other DaVinci Printers?

greatone76 - unfortunately didn't worked out. Either I need precise spool lenght or it's being blacklisted in printers "database" as tampered or so.

866 (edited by greatone76 2016-05-03 11:47:04)

Unfortunately you'll never guess a length because it is 200.000 m on record, so our odds of matching are really low, but it is good information that possibly you need to match what it has on record exactly to continue. 

Anyone have any thoughts on a way to reset in 2.2.6?   Anyone running 2.2.6 grab some before and after reads on the tags, so we can see if it is doing something different.  It could be using the page 15 to 17 counters in a different way or something, just want to start checking everything we can with it.

Bozotclown1970 wrote:

Thank you.

Set page 8 to 5A 50 5A 00 and try it.

don't work...thanks

When you do firmware upgrade where does it store firmware upgrade files?!
I've upgraded my Jr on the same Mac from v1.2? then 2.2.4 and then famous 2.2.6...

869 (edited by p12rax 2016-05-08 07:11:34)

Greytone76, the key worked great, I managed to reset my tag by following your instructions perfectly. Thank you.

First thing I tired printing using some generic wood filament with mixed results, had a bit of a clogging issue, so changed the speed and layer heights, but the quality isn't great. Do you know of anyone that has used wood with the junior? I have also bought some thermopla that changes colour when exposed to heat, will let you know how it comes out.

870 (edited by rdlady 2016-05-07 20:28:04)

I'm getting these wavy patterns when I try to print using the honeycomb brand white filament in my davinci jr.

I never had this problem before with the proprietary filaments, but I never used white filament in the jr before, so maybe the white color makes the wavy pattern more noticeable?

http://soliforum.com/i/?iKqXQE7.jpg

I'm not big fan of genuine white, it feels "lumpy" when printing. I haven't tried 3rd party filament though so can't really compare.

2.2.6 - My current working theory - Once you upgrade to 2.2.6 it records the UID and length of the card and if the length does not match the next time it gives a spool error. 

So if you have a card that has never been used in the machine when it was upgraded to 2.2.6 it could be reset. 

Anyone had success resetting in 2.2.6 once a card has been used in 2.2.6?  Anyone feel there maybe something else at work?  I have had the idea that only rolls originally coded as "black" are having the issue.  Any one else seem to have a beat on what's going on with 2.2.6?  I have no upgraded by system from 2.2.4, so I have had no first hand experience with any issues. 

Just looking to know what to do....I don't really want to sell tag keys/passwords if they might not work at all for people or even if they might only work once. 

Any thoughts and help would be greatly appreciated.

greatone76 wrote:

2.2.6 - My current working theory - Once you upgrade to 2.2.6 it records the UID and length of the card and if the length does not match the next time it gives a spool error. 

So if you have a card that has never been used in the machine when it was upgraded to 2.2.6 it could be reset. 

Anyone had success resetting in 2.2.6 once a card has been used in 2.2.6?  Anyone feel there maybe something else at work?  I have had the idea that only rolls originally coded as "black" are having the issue.  Any one else seem to have a beat on what's going on with 2.2.6?  I have no upgraded by system from 2.2.4, so I have had no first hand experience with any issues. 

Just looking to know what to do....I don't really want to sell tag keys/passwords if they might not work at all for people or even if they might only work once. 

i have 2.2.6 and i can reset my card still

greatone76 wrote:

i have 2.2.6 and i can reset my card still

Just for info I have firmware 2.2.4 and I had a white spool down to 10m so I tried to reset, I only changed pages 14, 15, 16 and 17 as they weren't as shown in the instructables article, 0A and 0B were already 400D0300 and I left the colour as it was white but no joy I just get unrecognised spool.