Re: SD4 extruder upgrade: E3D V6

Thank you wardjr smile

hi, i have bought a 30a 12v 360w power suply unit, and my SD4 have a barrel conector and the board doesnt have the screws that the description of the power upgrade says, does this connector and the board handle the upgrade amps from the new power unit? or do i need to change something in the wiring? thank you

The 2.5mm connector on the Solidoodle version of the Printrboard is rated for 20 Amps (I checked around at Mouser, DigiKey, etc for mfgr's specs).  You should be okay; devices draw the current they need, the power supply doesn't push current.  You'll likely burn traces off the Printrboard before you damage the connector.

Hey Guys!

I have serious problems with my Solidoodle 4. I have an E3D V6 printhead which works well with ABS. But when I try to use PLA, nothing comes out of the printhead.
When I change materials, I usually extrude 100 mm of PLA. It comes out fine. After this I start a print, and nothing comes out. I tried the same roll of filament on my Witbox printer. And it is all good, works like charm.

I've tried printing PLA with the following temperatures: 190 C, 200 C, 210C, 220 C, 230 C and 250 C.
Tried slicing with Cura, Repetier and Simplify 3D.
The extruder's wheel is always clean, I clean it with a toothbrush.
Did anybody experience the same issue?

Have you checked your nozzle clearance to the bed for the first layer?  There should be about a dollar bill's worth of clearance there...

SD2 - Stock - Enclosure - Heated Bed - Glass Plate - Auto Fire Extinguisher
Ord Bot Hadron - RAMPS 1.4 - Bulldog XL - E3D v6 - 10" x 10" PCB Heated Build w/SSR - Glass Plate
Thanks for All of Your Help!

Yes, I have. And it shouldn't print ABS if there wasn't enough space for the filament to come out of the nozzle.

Hey guys,

I took my printer apart. Gone along all the parts, cleaned everything. I have only one possible proglem left: where should I connect my E3D's fan? Someone told me I shouldn't connect it to the FAN connector. So where else?

You can simply splice into the existing extruder fan. Mind the polarity, though.

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!