151 (edited by MacGyverX 2016-02-19 16:25:52)

Re: SD Press - Mark II (Modifications Breakdown)

Replacing the X/Y Gantry with...

http://mlabs.us/public/ZZ57F65FEA.jpg

I got a question yesterday that I'll answer here.

"I don't get it. Why are you doing all this to a Press? I mean by now you could have gotten something better like a Ultimaker or something."

Why? Why not. For me it's all about the journey not about the destination. I am a tinker. I like to mod things. As I've said before. The Press entry price was low enough (and my expectations) that I don't feel bad or angry about having to do this stuff. And the fact of the poor design makes it challenging. But not impossible.

Of all of the mods I've done. The best one has to go the E3D upgrade. That made a massive difference. So massive that two weeks later I got one for my SD2. Which then led me to get a Cyclops for the Press. They make good shit. Seriously. Secondly the Z Bed replacement. I have no idea what SD was thinking when they made that. Other than that. Everything else is just for fun.

One other side note. Please for the love of <insert word for your spiritual hierarchy> read all the comments of a post or use the search function on the forums before asking or PM'ing a question. My attitude about that if you can't take the time out to help yourself- What makes you think I am going re-spell out something that has been covered before so you won't read that and reask a question? (This has happened)

SD Press - v1 (Pre-order) / RAMPs /w DRV8825's / Cyclops (25w) / Dual Bowden / Mk8 Gear / MK2b PCB Heat bed /w custom replacement Z / PEI Bed
SD2 / E3D v6 / Direct Drive / Mk8 Gear / RAMBo v1.3 / PEI Bed / Anti Z backlash mod / Ikea Expedite enclosure.
Both Driven by Octoprint (devel) via a RPi B+ / Neopixel status alerts / GPIO Controlled SSR / (SD2) 450 Watt PSU for remote power-up/shutdown.

MacGyverX wrote:

As for the spacer, Yeah.

http://mlabs.us/public/ZZ2A5B8DA5.jpg

4mm thick. When I get home I'll export the DXF.

Did you ever upload this somewhere?

does anyone have any of the pics of MacGyverX Zmod? since the pics no longer show up on the thread =\

MacGyver hasn't posted since January, so it may be a while if ever if we hear anything.

can you make all your pics reload. sad