Topic: G code to shut down printer?

I'm just wondering if there is a way to control the printer to power down after a print.
I have tried adding M81 (Turn off Power Supply) to the end code (as well as issuing it manually), and this does seem to turn off the heaters, but doesn't shut the system down completely, so the fans are still running and the light is on.  It would seem sensible to have an option to completely shut down the printer in my view.  If this isn't possible, I guess I'll have to program an arduino to replace the button on the printer... painful.
One other thought I had, if there isn't any way to turn off through gcode is that I'm considering adding a raspberry pi for octoprint functionality and wondering if anyone knows if  octoprint can send a signal that could be used for this purpose when the print is finished or shortly after?  I mean this without reprogramming it... anything is possible if I was to reprogram, but wanting to avoid this if possible.

Re: G code to shut down printer?

The Press has no gcode command to turn off printer.  Only heater shutdown commands.

Not sure it would work well anyway.  At least on my printer with Win7, when I turn off or kill power - I have to unplug / replug the usb cable to get the software to see it again.

thatdecade wrote:

The Press has no gcode command to turn off printer.  Only heater shutdown commands.

Not sure it would work well anyway.  At least on my printer with Win7, when I turn off or kill power - I have to unplug / replug the usb cable to get the software to see it again.

What I've observes is that SoliPrint must be running before the Press is powered on or the Press will not be detected.  If the Press is powered off, then SoliPrint must be restarted otherwise it will be unable to see the Press when it is powered back on.

I'm running things on an old Netbook that's slow as dirt and SoliPrint seems to respond sluggish and erratically until it has detected a Press, after it detects a Press it becomes much more responsive.  This leads me to believe the SoliPrint is polling USB devices until it finds a Press, and then stopping, rather than registering for device arrival notification.  This would explain why SoliPrint seems to be unable to detect the Press if the Press is power cycled.

For others interested in this, I found the following:
https://github.com/foosel/OctoPrint/blo … /index.rst

I'm thinking a fairly simple python script to toggle an available pin on the pi with the PrintDone event should be fairly easy to work out here. Looking at the following thread, it looks like disconnecting the button and routing to the correct input pin on the solidoodle board should be easy enough:
http://www.soliforum.com/topic/9673/ext … -features/

I've got py raspberry pi ordered, so I should be able to check this out soon.