Re: Controlling multiple Solidoodles from one computer

Great minds, Capn, great minds...

cmetzel wrote:
elmoret wrote:
cmetzel wrote:

Elmoret has a custom hot end, look through his posts and you'll find it.

This is it:

http://store.qu-bd.com/product.php?id_product=22

Steps:

1.) Unscrew old hot end from PEEK
2.) Remove thermistor
3.) Assemble new hot end, tighten. (instructions for this are on the qu-bd site, though IMO it's straightforward)
4.) Cut off old connector, and install on new power resistor. I had a spare header from an old motherboard harness, I just used this. The connection up at the stepper is a standard 0.1" pitch
5.) Screw new hot end into PEEK

Boom done. $25, and I can swap nozzles easily with a pair of pliers and a wrench. No need to remove the extruder or disassemble the jigsaw anymore.

I thought you had a whole step by step post somewhere with pictures, am I wrong about that?

I may reconsider using this if I have to wait any longer for my replacement parts from SD.  I'm growing impatient having to have it sit idle for this long, and I'm losing potential income in the mean time.  I wish I could have found the SD heat core somewhere else I would have gone that route.  I tried from makergear but after a couple emails with them it wouldn't have shipped until next week so I figured I'd wait for SD.

http://www.soliforum.com/topic/500/repl … nd/page/2/

Finally got my parts today... only took a week.
But the hot end has, yet another, redesign tweek (I'll post pictures soon).

So, tonight, around 10PM (CST) I'll be heading into my office/shop to rebuild the extruder/jig-saw/hot end... wish me luck!!!

I have a question:
Does anyone know who makes the red and blue connectors they are using?
I'd be interested in buying some, for ease of repair.

============================================
Just because I make it look easy doesn't mean that it is.