Topic: broken bed

i got impatient with the cooling and jumped right to the removal of my object and well... i shattered the glass.... anyone recommend something to replace the heating bed with? so i can go right back to printing? please help!!!!

Re: broken bed

Was it just regular pane of glass? I just a 8x8 x 1/8 th inch  mirror for my print bed.

SD3, E3D hotend,linear bearing on x/y axis',pillow block bearing on y conneting rod, ball bearngs on front y axis, fan on y stepper motor.

3 (edited by ShadowWizard 2014-12-10 03:12:09)

Try my thread here.  http://www.soliforum.com/topic/8122/pro … lue-stick/ Lots of useful information, including how I fixed my broken bed.

well the glass broke into pieces, so i slowly pulled the glass off and i cleaned up the heating pad, but its all wrikled where the glass broke in pieces, so i put it together and went to turn it onm now it beeps and flashes its light, idk what to do i just bought it off ebay i need help :*(

adam.schmitt10 wrote:

well the glass broke into pieces, so i slowly pulled the glass off and i cleaned up the heating pad, but its all wrikled where the glass broke in pieces, so i put it together and went to turn it onm now it beeps and flashes its light, idk what to do i just bought it off ebay i need help :*(

If it is beeping and flashing the light then the heater is damaged. You can get an entire new bed from XYZ for like $60 USD.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

the display though wont turn on... it is just blank, no black lines no nothing, could it be not showing the display because the heater is broken?

adam.schmitt10 wrote:

the display though wont turn on... it is just blank, no black lines no nothing, could it be not showing the display because the heater is broken?

Disconnect one of the wires from the heater and see if it boots but with an error code. If it does then your bed is shorting out the supply circuit on the board causing it not to boot. meaning your heater is toast.

im taking it appart now as we speak, should i disconnect the whole heating wire or what?

adam.schmitt10 wrote:

im taking it appart now as we speak, should i disconnect the whole heating wire or what?

You just need one side disconnected for this test. You just want it out of the system and one wire will do that. Either at the heater, or on mainboard. The two screw terminals are the heater interface.

ok stupid metook the whole frame appart im putting it back tgether now, sorry for spelling errors on the floor wrapped around the whole thing, your more helpful then davinci is

11 (edited by adam.schmitt10 2014-12-10 05:15:58)

ok so i took off ONE of the heating wires, at the back and its still flashing and beeping, its one long beep and two flashes of lights

(edit) i have one of the heating wires and a sensor wire off and its still beeping and flashing at me, any other ideas on locating the problem, the lcd display still isnt showing

adam.schmitt10 wrote:

ok so i took off ONE of the heating wires, at the back and its still flashing and beeping, its one long beep and two flashes of lights

(edit) i have one of the heating wires and a sensor wire off and its still beeping and flashing at me, any other ideas on locating the problem, the lcd display still isnt showing

There is one other cause I know of that will make the lights flash and the beeping. It cant access the sd card. It may have come out of its socket. I have mine on an extension cable inside the pront area so I can get to it if need be. I forgot to put it in once and turned on the system and got what you are describing. If you take out the card and reseat it, it might work. Otherwise you are looking at a power supply issue or mainboard issue caused by the damaged heater.

13 (edited by adam.schmitt10 2014-12-10 05:57:43)

how do i get access to the SD card?

it was shipped via standard USPS shipping and it couldve gotten jarred loose durring the shipping and it fell loose after the second print was done right when the glass broke just a theory.... a game.... nvm not a game theory (lol)

still not working, im gonna order a new bed then ship it to the company for them to fix it, get it cleaned up and sparkling for them to work at, its still not working, i was able to work it loose and pop it back in but no luck

i was talking with xyz about getting a new FFC cable and a new LCD and they want me to mail them a blank check, HELL NO

hahaha send me a blank check while your at it!

Da Vinci 1.0 stock firmware and stock xyzware.
3D printer Noob.
Stock ABS filaments