Topic: [Custom Firmware] Keeps Jamming With PLA

Hi, I got the Da Vinci just 2 days ago and put custom firmware and everything on it, and it prints fine when I use ABS, but when I print with PLA at a temp of 200c it extrudes fine when I manually do it thorough repetier, but when I start my print it jams and wont extrude, even when I try it manually again. So then I put my ABS material back on and it works fine. And the ABS and PLA material are by the same company and I measured the dimension of it and it did come out to 1.75mm.

Re: [Custom Firmware] Keeps Jamming With PLA

PLA needs lower temps to keep from burning and jamming nozzle etc

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

What temp do you recommend?

solidoodles using RH have filament settings tab also

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

I use 195c extruder and 80c bed with ABS. but with PLA I use 185c extruder and 70c only 1st layer bed

6 (edited by n2ri 2014-11-17 02:26:36)

printers may very readings but thats just to show the difference in the 2

OK thanks so much!

np happy printing

Hi, sorry I haven't said this for a while ive been busy, but my printer still continues to jam. I don't know if a should print a new fan mount to get better cooling, but it still does it and their is plenty of spacing between the nozzle and the bed

Should I post a video of what it is doing?

Hurleyboarder wrote:

Should I post a video of what it is doing?

If you are still on the stock extruder, you can't do PLA. At least that is the general belief around here. I have yet to try on mine although I have a roll a PLA to use. I am thinking of converting to an E3D extruder before I try PLA. Those wanting to use PLA need to keep in mind that you can't print anything that will be exposed to the elements or direct sunlight. PLA is biodegradable and made so it breaks down in a few years in a landfill when exposed to UV light and the elements.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Is their any tutorial on the instillation or is it a hard to do task

Hurleyboarder wrote:

Is their any tutorial on the instillation or is it a hard to do task

Start here,

http://www.soliforum.com/topic/7614/e3d-on-da-vinci/

Then decide for yourself..

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Oh I read it but I also found this file kit on thingvers that has all the parts to print