76 (edited by pirvan 2014-12-29 22:57:01)

Re: Printable Turntable Laser Scanner

Any news on the Kickstarter project?

Got some money burning a hole in my pocket....

To print or, 3D print, that is the question...
SD3 printer w/too many mods,  Printrbot Simple Maker Ed.,  FormLabs Form 1+
AnyCubic Photon, Shining 3D EinScan-S & Atlas 3D scanners...
...and too much time on my hands.

Almost ready. Just a little longer...

Great to hear  your making progress keep us informed    Nice work

SD3, RAMPS 1.4, Lawsy's carriages modified by me, 2 SSRs, E3D V6, 2 Power supplies, Independent monitoring of both power supplies (amps and volts) also extruder and bed temps, Blue Tooth connectivity, bearings in all axis & rotational points, Y axis direct drive.  Remotely controlled power box on / off . Gecko Tec build plate . Renamed FrankenDoodle

I just went live on Kickstarter with ATLAS 3D - The 3D Scanner You Print and Build Yourself!  As a special Soliforum thank you, I won't be advertising the campaign anywhere else until tomorrow afternoon.  Head on over and check out the Early Bird Specials!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/15 … ild-yourse

Nice, congrats!

elmoret wrote:

Nice, congrats!

Thanks!

82 (edited by slimstar2 2015-01-08 03:24:46)

I just ordered my full Kit   can't wait till April to get it.  I hope we can get STLs early so I can start printing soon.

SD3, RAMPS 1.4, Lawsy's carriages modified by me, 2 SSRs, E3D V6, 2 Power supplies, Independent monitoring of both power supplies (amps and volts) also extruder and bed temps, Blue Tooth connectivity, bearings in all axis & rotational points, Y axis direct drive.  Remotely controlled power box on / off . Gecko Tec build plate . Renamed FrankenDoodle

Just another reason I can't wait for April to get here wink
+1 on the .stl's

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

You ordered early bird kit also?

slimstar2 wrote:

You ordered early bird kit also?

I did and I am happy about that decision.  I told him in the beginning I'd support this project and I am nothing if not a man of my word smile

3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL

86 (edited by slimstar2 2015-01-08 04:29:22)

You took the words right out of my month.

I just rechecked the kick starter 1.5 hrs on forum not even on full net  and already 50% funded .

I hit this one too, glad to see that it's taken off so quickly!

Don: Folger Tech 2020 Kossel Rev A + Borosilicate + Snow Effector
        Davinci 1.0 + Repetier : Filastruder
        SD3 + RAMPS + Lawsy Carriages + E3D + Borosilicate + ... : Cupcake

Yep, just went in on the full kit as well.  I guess it's time to download the STLs and print the turntable

To print or, 3D print, that is the question...
SD3 printer w/too many mods,  Printrbot Simple Maker Ed.,  FormLabs Form 1+
AnyCubic Photon, Shining 3D EinScan-S & Atlas 3D scanners...
...and too much time on my hands.

We're fully FUNDED!

I'm all ordered.

Love it! What's the scan volume? The KS page shows 8x6, but, that's missing one number, unless one is a diameter. wink

I'm hoping there are still some left by next friday.
Congrats, hairu! Looks like this will be a great success as you are already 300% funded

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

93 (edited by hairu526 2015-01-09 00:56:44)

tonyno wrote:

Love it! What's the scan volume? The KS page shows 8x6, but, that's missing one number, unless one is a diameter. wink

Yup.  It's 8"x8"x6" where 6" is the max height.

hairu526 wrote:
tonyno wrote:

Is there anything other than mechanical that limit that height?

Thanks! Now to figure out KS. heh

wardjr wrote:
hairu526 wrote:
tonyno wrote:

The scan volume is determined by the view frustum of the camera (which is determined by the ratio between the sensor size and the focal length).  The easiest way to increase the scan size is to place the object deeper in the frustum, ie: increase the distance between the camera and the turn table.  Of course, this will also reduce scan resolution.  Other ways to increase scan volume would be to use a camera with a more desirable view frustum (could be difficult on the Raspberry Pi) or to place a wide angle lens in front of the camera (this would be tricky to calibrate properly and would require software changes but is possible)  I just added a FAQ section to the Kickstarter that talks a little bit about what can be done to increase the scan volume.

hairu526 wrote:
wardjr wrote:
hairu526 wrote:

The scan volume is determined by the view frustum of the camera (which is determined by the ratio between the sensor size and the focal length).  The easiest way to increase the scan size is to place the object deeper in the frustum, ie: increase the distance between the camera and the turn table.  Of course, this will also reduce scan resolution.  Other ways to increase scan volume would be to use a camera with a more desirable view frustum (could be difficult on the Raspberry Pi) or to place a wide angle lens in front of the camera (this would be tricky to calibrate properly and would require software changes but is possible)  I just added a FAQ section to the Kickstarter that talks a little bit about what can be done to increase the scan volume.

Thank you and congratulations on reaching your goal.  As always if there is anything I can do to help let me know.

Backed! Come on April!

dang it. I dont have money ATM. I want one if I get money next month how long and how much to get one?

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

also the maker bot digitizer is at least $1,000 last i checked. so add the cost of yours to the figure in your kickstarter page ;^)

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs