Re: ColorFabb Bronzefill

I do have some black patina in my possesion; that I just have not had a chance to try out and I need to learn how to do too smile

On the "how to print with bronzefill" at the bottom shows some nice patina results http://learn.colorfabb.com/print-bronzefill/

Tammy
Solidoodle 2
E3Dv6 Hotend, MK5 v6 version, Glass Bed, Anti Z backlash slop nut, SureStepr SD8825 1/32 Extruder Driver, makeshift breakaway plexiglass case; . L-Cheapo 3.8 Watt Laser Attachment w/Custom built enclosure
From Buffalo, NY, USA

LdyMox wrote:

I do have some black patina in my possesion; that I just have not had a chance to try out and I need to learn how to do too smile

On the "how to print with bronzefill" at the bottom shows some nice patina results http://learn.colorfabb.com/print-bronzefill/

That's awesome now if I could just order some bronzefill for myself.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

Last I heard it was late Aug before they have more, but that is just a few weeks away.

Tammy
Solidoodle 2
E3Dv6 Hotend, MK5 v6 version, Glass Bed, Anti Z backlash slop nut, SureStepr SD8825 1/32 Extruder Driver, makeshift breakaway plexiglass case; . L-Cheapo 3.8 Watt Laser Attachment w/Custom built enclosure
From Buffalo, NY, USA

A few weeks is like an eternity for me.  You know I have no patience wink

3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL

wardjr wrote:
LdyMox wrote:

Thanks.

If anyone is wonder what that slighty green color is in the cracks it was failed polishing attempts that have not come fully off yet.

I think that adds to the charm!
Just looks like natural oxidation.

+1
Again, this is good stuff. Buying some next week, so I'll probably be obsessing on LdyMox's posts until it arrives. Also, I'm gonna assemble my other E3D with a .6 nozzle to use as a strict bronzefill-only hotend to avoid any downtime.

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

You can do that but now that I got the settings down and my E3Dv6 it seems I had no issue with a .4 nozzle. I gotta think what to print next as long as it thick enough to withstand sanding and not too large since I am running low. Come on Colorfabb make more...."shut up and take my money" colorfabb hahaaha

I almost wanted to print a crown in bronze, but that would take so much of my precious bronzefill... hehe

Tammy
Solidoodle 2
From Buffalo, NY, USA

A tiara would be a good compromise smile

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

Making a top for a walking stick/cane would look wicked in this material

Tammy
Solidoodle 2
From Buffalo, NY, USA

LdyMox wrote:

Making a top for a walking stick/cane would look wicked in this material

Holy Crap!!! How old do you think we are? big_smile

Hey I know lots of people who have decorative staffs etc tongue

Tammy
Solidoodle 2
From Buffalo, NY, USA

You kids get off my lawn! tongue

Tammy
Solidoodle 2
From Buffalo, NY, USA

LdyMox wrote:

Hey I know lots of people who have decorative staffs etc tongue

OK I am refraining from inserting (dirty) Joke here. big_smile

Now now....I gotta go home a lube up my brushings tonight haha

Tammy
Solidoodle 2
From Buffalo, NY, USA

89 (edited by LdyMox 2014-08-08 18:15:47)

Seriously...hopefully those brushing are the cause of my y axis shift and soon it will be better smile

Tammy
Solidoodle 2
From Buffalo, NY, USA

LdyMox wrote:

Seroiusly...hopefully those brushing are the cause of my y axis shift and soon it will be better smile

And here I was about to apologize wink turns out your worse than me big_smile

"Broken Mirror" aka Malkavian that will become a pin

http://i.imgur.com/f0LMQVd.jpg

Tammy
Solidoodle 2
From Buffalo, NY, USA

A pretty extensive review/writeup/examples on Bronzefill I came across

http://m.imgur.com/a/ESzjh

Tammy
Solidoodle 2
From Buffalo, NY, USA

Money clip. Not so sure this is the right material for something like this bit since it is a prop it shall do.

http://i.imgur.com/X2FzPg5.jpg

Tammy
Solidoodle 2
From Buffalo, NY, USA

The front side

http://i.imgur.com/v9Vzkv1.jpg

Tammy
Solidoodle 2
From Buffalo, NY, USA

95 (edited by LdyMox 2014-08-09 16:48:52)

Raven in Bronzefill, Prepolish

http://www.soliforum.com/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=5945&download=0

Post's attachments

RavenBronzefill.jpg
RavenBronzefill.jpg 710.93 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Tammy
Solidoodle 2
From Buffalo, NY, USA

Are we just posting everything made in bronzefill now to this thread... ? smile smile
(Its sort of really dilluted now if anyone wanted some info on the filament itself... Maybe some of these need to just go to new threads over in STL Showoff ? )

I apologize ...got carried away. I'll stop.

Tammy
Solidoodle 2
From Buffalo, NY, USA

98 (edited by adrian 2014-08-10 03:16:09)

LdyMox wrote:

I apologize ...got carried away. I'll stop.

No no - just maybe in a separate thread so that this thread can stay as the 'how to/info thread' rather than becoming a showcase. Use a thread in the STL Show off section to showcase the prints if you want - they are interesting and its great to see what you are doing with it - but I'm just worried that the direction of this thread itself (info on Bronzefill) is becoming a bit meandering.

So I'm running BronzeFill with my E3Dv6 hotend, I find this material is really not a precision material. By this I mean lots of oozing, globs on the hotend, etc

LdyMox, I've seen your small samples, have you made anything large?  Are you running a cooling fan?

3DP Unlimited 3DP1000, 220V, E3Dv6 hot end
From NYC, NY

I sadly have not printed much of late given I have been unable to fix my y-axis shift issue. But anyways I have a E3Dv6 but don't remember excessive gobs with the bronzefill. I don't have a pure cooling fan, but I do point a small house fan at the print since Bronzefill is part PLA.

I have not printed anything superlarge. Maybe 3.5 inches max.

Tammy
Solidoodle 2
From Buffalo, NY, USA