Topic: AZERATE and bnj chrush test thread

This will be printed at some point in the next couple of days to be crushed by a skid steer, dingo, micro excavator, scissor lift, dunk tank (to a lesser extent), or diesel air compressor in the challenge of strength.

Any and all results must be posted with pictures and/or videos as well as resolution, infill, and the machine used per crush.
This will certainly be one hell of a waste of filament big_smile

Post's attachments

77x77x77.skp 10.11 kb, 5 downloads since 2014-05-27 

77x77x77untitled.stl 1.47 kb, 14 downloads since 2014-05-27 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

Re: AZERATE and bnj chrush test thread

Hey AZERATE,
I just wanted to mention that it looks like your "7" key is stuck on your keyboard wink
So what are the rules of this little contest?  Any material we want?  Any settings we want?
Any heavy equipment we want?

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

I figure a cube would be the best and most resiliant on each face as far as basic shapes go. Now, if you WANTED to print a solid infill 4'' cube, it could actually double as an anti-rape weapon...just tie a string around it and you will have a morning star with sharp corners big_smile

Any heavy equipment! Whenever we get our boom lift back, I'm planning on dropping the outriggers on it. Any material, but the type must be posted and even brand could help solve some inquiries as to the benefits of other brands...after all, this is still considered educational whilst having fun, right?

Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on

I like this kind of educational exercise

3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL

I think you should use a Yoda instead.  It would make a nice "Will it blend" kind of series.

In the future if you try this with an SLA printer, it will have to be an Eiffel Tower.

I actually have a few Yoda Heads lying around.  I think the SLA industry needs to find another model.  What is their deal with Eiffel Towers anyways?

Hell yeah !

I'm with you on this one, will print it tonight, and do the first video tomorrow hopefully. right now, with the heavy rain we just got in houston, my yard looks more like a pool than anything else. But it should dry up for tomorrow!!

SD3, early 2013. Silicon 200W 8x8 heater bed, lawsy carriage on 8 mm hardened chrome shafts, E3D V6 and lawsy MK5 extruder, ATX 350 W PSU, Custom build plywood enclosure, azteeg x5 mini smothie firmware, with vikki 2 screen, fishing line conversion and pulley conversion, M5 Z rod. Calling it Gran'ma, going strong ! <3

Can someone please attempt to crush a printed nylon cube?

SD2 with E3D, SD Press, Form 1+
Filastruder
NYLON (taulman): http://www.soliforum.com/topic/466/nylon/

DePartedPrinter wrote:

Would T-Glase be to your liking?

wardjr wrote:
DePartedPrinter wrote:

T-Glase is not nylon.

Filastruder

11 (edited by wardjr 2014-05-29 15:42:00)

DePartedPrinter wrote:
wardjr wrote:
DePartedPrinter wrote:

T-Glase is not nylon.

I know but I have a bunch that is getting old so it won't bother me to use it up.
I need to order more 645 so the little I have left won't be wasted on this.  Yet wink

wardjr wrote:
DePartedPrinter wrote:
wardjr wrote:

T-Glase is not nylon.

I know but I have a bunch that is getting old so it won't bother me to use it up.
I need to order more 645 so the little I have left won't be wasted on this.  Yet wink

I would watch t-glase get crushed. I just don't think it is going to hold up very well.

...nylon on the other hand might stand a chance (T 618 is what I'm thinking)

Filastruder

I agree that's why I added "Yet" at the end of the last post.  I too would like to see what Nylon could withstand.

Whenever I get my hands on some Laywoo, I've gonna see how it holds up to a wood chipper. Apparently single wall PLA prints get demolished in it..no video though. Sorry.

AZERATE wrote:

Whenever I get my hands on some Laywoo, I've gonna see how it holds up to a wood chipper.

I imagine not very well.

Filastruder

DePartedPrinter wrote:
AZERATE wrote:

Whenever I get my hands on some Laywoo, I've gonna see how it holds up to a wood chipper.

I imagine not very well.

Oh...I'm sure it won't. But it will still be fun! smile

DePartedPrinter wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUkhy92ad64

18 (edited by AZERATE 2014-06-01 01:11:19)

3D print vs scissor lift.
http://vimeo.com/97016695

My recent attempt at .3mm resolution, .2 infill, sized down .45 on x, y, z from original .stl on this thread with Octave filament.....as stated.

LOL, looked like it was trying to run away from it's fate wink