Topic: Filastruder mechanical parts name

hello all,

I am not familiar with mechanical stuff. Please see the picture in attachment. Can somebody help me to give the name of the parts with number?
    No 1 :
    No 2 :
    No 3 :
    No 4 :
    No 5 :
    No 6 :
    No 7 : barrel
    No 8 : auger

Which want belong to shaft collar, thrust bearing, white thrust plate and flange?

Post's attachments

filastruder_mechanical parts by number.JPG 32.63 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

2 (edited by DePartedPrinter 2014-01-22 21:21:46)

Re: Filastruder mechanical parts name

WTF?  I think the Chinese copy of the filastruder is coming...

Don't answer this stuff.

SD2 with E3D, SD Press, Form 1+
Filastruder
NYLON (taulman): http://www.soliforum.com/topic/466/nylon/

I cannot verify that the OP is a Filastruder user. No further discussion should be had, it would be a waste of time.

Hello DePartedPrinter,

I am Malay guy not Chinese guy. Sorry for the basic question because i am electrical background, not mechanical.

Hello elmoret,

I am a valid user from Malaysia. I would like to help my collague to check isn't it the parts received are complete since there are issue with motor stuck. You may refer to order#1436, shipment to Dasmawati Mohamad (School of Dentel Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia).

There's a parts list on the instructions PDF. Are you sure you downloaded the correct version of the instructions? How about posting a picture of what you have so far?

fikri wrote:

Hello DePartedPrinter,

I am Malay guy not Chinese guy. Sorry for the basic question because i am electrical background, not mechanical.

My bad. I'm always suspicious of newcomers. Welcome aboard!

SD2 with E3D, SD Press, Form 1+
Filastruder
NYLON (taulman): http://www.soliforum.com/topic/466/nylon/

elmoret,

let me re-check the instruction's version. We got 1 flange only. Pictures in attachment.

DePartedPrinter,

It is ok smile

Post's attachments

filastruder_usm_1.jpg
filastruder_usm_1.jpg 145.9 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

filastruder_usm_2.jpg
filastruder_usm_2.jpg 101.91 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Yup! You have assembled it incorrectly. Also you are running it really hot - what kind of plastic is that? I do not know how you got the idea to assemble it like that.

You have probably already damaged one of the thrust plates. You should be very careful from here on out. See this thread:

http://www.soliforum.com/topic/5265/som … ery-wrong/

The thrust plates are supposed to be stacked. The one against the upright is doing absolutely no good right now.

9 (edited by Ralphxyz 2014-01-23 16:25:15)

In the first picture the auger and motor are really angled they should more or less be straight to each other.

What is your angle bracket under the motor doing? I'd turn it 90 degrees and fasten to your motor mounting block.

Ralph

Ralphxyz wrote:

In the first picture the auger and motor are really angled they should more or less be straight to each other.

What is your angle bracket under the motor doing? I'd turn it 90 degrees and fasten to your motor mounting block.

Ralph

It has nothing to do with the angle brackets. He only used one plate which had deformed under load, resulting in the auger pushing the motor backwards so the uprights are no longer parallel.

elmoret,

I am using :
  a) material : ABS
  b) instruction & extruder version : 1.3

The thermocouple attached to heater's body

We will re-install the filastruder (to stack thrust plate together). Do you see other incorrect assemble in my picture?

ralph,

the angle happen after backforce to motor as mentioned by elmoret. Initially the angle is parallel and good

Post's attachments

filastruder_manual 1.3 VS our result.ppt 1.03 mb, 23 downloads since 2014-01-24 

fikri wrote:

elmoret,
The thermocouple attached to heater's body

Welp, that's wrong too. Did you read the instructions at all?

tim, we have re-assemble the filastuder :
    a) thrust plate stacked together
    b) thermocouple attached to brass plug

The updated picture in attachment. Do you see any other mistake? We have tested for 1 hour, it run smoothly.

My question : When filastruder is running, the bearing also rotate together with auger which make the thrust plate to wear out after heavy duty in future. Do we need to change the thrust plate after certain time? Let say if we want to replace the white thrust plate with metal. Do you recommend this or better we find the same wood to replace the thrust plate? TQ

Post's attachments

filastruder image.jpg
filastruder image.jpg 134.98 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Yeah, that looks fine... but the back half of the bearing should not be rotating. It will definitely wear the wood. Making one out of metal would be fine, but I wonder more why the bearing is not rotating. Is it lubricated properly? Is there anything stuck in it? Is it damaged?

wow ..your reply is very fast. good !

Our thrust bearing actually rotating.

sorry for my bad english. What do you mean by "the back half of the bearing should not be rotating" ?

Dunno how else to explain it. Try to find someone that speaks English and your native language.

tim, it is ok. this video may help me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q42ak9Fq … 5B0B3ACBD1

If one of thrust bearing is replaced with metal, is the thickness of the metal is really crucial or we just follow the white thrust plate thickness?

The part that says "Yuva Diski" which touches the thrust plate should not turn.  Only Mil Diski should turn.  If Yuva Diski turns, then something is wrong with the bearing.  The balls in the bearing should be rolling which will keep the back part of the bearing from turning.