Re: How to forget about circle problems for ever....

wardjr wrote:
Photog wrote:

Just got the pillow block installed last night!

I had to use my dremel to grind out the inside of the bearings for they would fit on the Y rod. I also got a new Y rod to insure my old one wasn't bent. I slid the pillow block onto the rod in the position and drilled the holes for the screws. Fastened it to case with M3 bolts and nuts. Hoping that when I screwed down the pillow block it wasn't pulling on the rod.
Per instructions, I then tightened the Y drive belt down as hard as possible per instructions.

I tried 3 circles as a test, diameters 10mm, 30mm, and 60mm. I've noticed:

- The 10mm circle came out with flattened edges on 2 opposing sides (noting there's still a problem in one of the axis).
- The 30mm and 60mm ones seem to be fine though, they look very circular to my eyes.
- Layer adhesion seems to be better, I am getting more solid walls now for some reason?
- But unfortunately now I am getting a really obvious seam that runs up the circle (I made the circles tall, like a tube/cylinder shape) maybe unrelated, but never noticed this before.
- The solid infill seems to fill in better now and more solid.

So overall I'm seeing a benefit but still want to get the other issues fixed. Any ideas? Your thoughts?

That seam is probably caused by the not having random start points checked.  No that things are more precise the start point is going to be more obvious.  You could also try increasing the retract on layer change amount or speed.
As far as your circles go loosen the belt a bit just to test you may have a pulley out of round or your grinding of the bearing may be out of round.

What do you mean out of round?

My SD3:  Clear plexiglass case, case heater, X axis stabilizer, Z axis stabilizer, thumb screws, filament guide, heatsinks on all motors, extruder fan, controller fan, heatsinks on motherboard, Y rod pillow block, USB and Power on/off switch, fully calibrated including trimpot tuning. Am I missing anything?

Re: How to forget about circle problems for ever....

Not perfectly centered... This will cause the belts to tighten and loosen slightly as the pulley rotates.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions