Topic: Who Sells the RUMBA in the U.S.???

Just wondering if anyone has purchased a RUMBA from some one other than RepRapDiscount?  I would rather do business with them but the shipping to the states gets to be expensive.
Is there a re-seller of the RUMBA Board in the states?

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

Re: Who Sells the RUMBA in the U.S.???

RepRapDiscount is the one who created the board so I don't believe there are other suppliers.

You would have to ask them

Powder coated steel enclosure, 1/4" Surface grounded hardened aluminum plate, MK2A Heat bed, .200 Polished fused quartz plate, Machined quick change hot bed mount, E3D hot end, Ramps 1.4, DRV8825 stepper motor drivers

That's what I figured but never hurts to ask. 
Might just as well order it up it's only money.

3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL

Why not go with the ramps 1.4 or the ramps 1.4 on steroids Azteeg X3?

Powder coated steel enclosure, 1/4" Surface grounded hardened aluminum plate, MK2A Heat bed, .200 Polished fused quartz plate, Machined quick change hot bed mount, E3D hot end, Ramps 1.4, DRV8825 stepper motor drivers

That is a good question.... Just kind of feeling like there must be a good reason Adrian is using the RUMBA. 
I am in the process of building my version of what the Solidoodle 4 should have been.  Maybe I am wrong and it wouldn't bother me to get swayed another direction.

2n2r5 uses the ramps 1.4 which his prints are amazing and IanJohnson uses the Azteeg X3.

Both aren't bad options I personally use the ramps 1.4 because of an abundance of information on them,
I probably would of went with the Azteeg X3 otherwise.

All very good points only problem I can see is that they are much smarter than I am. big_smile

They are very bright individuals but I can assure you that it's not to difficult and
pretty much copy and paste for the software portion.

On a scale from 1 to 5 on difficultly I would put it at a 2 at best

So where's the best place to buy the Azteeg x3?

Qu-bd
http://store.qu-bd.com/product.php?id_product=54

I use ramps because it is what was on sale. It also has room for dual extruders if I ever get around to it.  Azteeg X3 and rumba are very nice boards. They offer support for more features than can fit into a solidoodle frame. The ramps boards are being built by everyone and their brother. It is worth spending a couple extra bucks and getting one from the online stores as opposed to eBay. I decided to stick with my ramps after having an incident involving a power wire that came loose. My new build will be moving to a rumba or X3. All three boards will suit whatever you want to do with your solidoodle.

SD3 w/ mods:
Glass bed with QU-BD heat pad upgrade, threadless ballscrew w/ 8mm smooth rod, spectra line belt replacement, lawsy MK5 extruder, Lawsy replacement carriage, E3D hotend, Ramps 1.4 w/ reprap discount controller, DRV8825 drivers, 12v 30A PS, Acrylic case, Overkill Y-idlers, Filament alarm, Extruder fan + more.

http://www.panucatt.com/Azteeg_X3_repra … ax33dp.htm also sells them and you have options you can select to but I've never ordered from them so I can't confirm if there good.

So if I understand correctly I need to still buy the stepper drivers which would allow me to run a DRV8825 for the extruder?
And 4988 (I think that's right) for the X,Y and Z?

2n2r5 wrote:

I use ramps because it is what was on sale. It also has room for dual extruders if I ever get around to it.  Azteeg X3 and rumba are very nice boards. They offer support for more features than can fit into a solidoodle frame. The ramps boards are being built by everyone and their brother. It is worth spending a couple extra bucks and getting one from the online stores as opposed to eBay. I decided to stick with my ramps after having an incident involving a power wire that came loose. My new build will be moving to a rumba or X3. All three boards will suit whatever you want to do with your solidoodle.

So which will it be the RUMBA or X3????

2n2r5 wrote:

By the way Thank You for coming up with the mount for the bulldog XL Printed just perfectly.  I'd Like to get that installed Tonight if I have time.

wardjr wrote:

So if I understand correctly I need to still buy the stepper drivers which would allow me to run a DRV8825 for the extruder?
And 4988 (I think that's right) for the X,Y and Z?

Correct and an arduino mega 2560 if you go with the ramps

wardjr wrote:
2n2r5 wrote:

By the way Thank You for coming up with the mount for the bulldog XL Printed just perfectly.  I'd Like to get that installed Tonight if I have time.

Sweet, which mount are you using.

As far as the new board goes, I won't know until I am ready foe my next build.

SD3 w/ mods:
Glass bed with QU-BD heat pad upgrade, threadless ballscrew w/ 8mm smooth rod, spectra line belt replacement, lawsy MK5 extruder, Lawsy replacement carriage, E3D hotend, Ramps 1.4 w/ reprap discount controller, DRV8825 drivers, 12v 30A PS, Acrylic case, Overkill Y-idlers, Filament alarm, Extruder fan + more.

Umm... The one for the E3d solidoodle carriage.  I don't have it on the printer yet as it is busy at the moment.  But I don't think I'll have any issues.  I am waiting for bearings to switch to lawsy's carraige.

2n2r5 wrote:
wardjr wrote:
2n2r5 wrote:

Sweet, which mount are you using.

As far as the new board goes, I won't know until I am ready foe my next build.

It is always easier for me to just let you make the big decisions. big_smile

20 (edited by adrian 2013-12-10 02:12:11)

I use a rumba on my OrdBot. .. I was a big fan of ramps but the Rumba is a lot better.. more mosfets, better tracks for high current, better power arrangements. In short... I won't be doing RAMPS again over a Rumba.

I also am happy to pay the 25-30 shipping, as it's FedEx and I get it in 3 days smile

So its worth the token extra over standard post.

Anyway, just my thoughts from a guy with way too many controller boards.

adrian wrote:

I use a rumba on my OrdBot. .. I was a big fan of ramps but the Rumba is a lot better.. more mosfets, better tracks for high current, better power arrangements. In short... I won't be doing RAMPS again over a Rumba.

I also am happy to pay the 25-30 shipping, as it's FedEx and I get it in 3 days smile

So its worth the token extra over standard post.

Anyway, just my thoughts from a guy with way too many controller boards.

I think I am convinced does this look like the one I want?
http://www.reprapdiscount.com/electroni … v8825.html

yep, that's a nice board. the 8825's are a nice touch

SD3 w/ mods:

2n2r5 wrote:

That's the one I'm ordering... just mounting bulldog  it fits but took some tweaking.

wardjr wrote:
2n2r5 wrote:

That's the one I'm ordering... just mounting bulldog  it fits but took some tweaking.

What wires go where on the bulldog? I used to have blue red green black.  the bulldog came with blue red yellow and brown???

SD Side  -> Bulldog Side
BLUE -> BLUE
RED -> YELLOW
GREEN -> RED
BLACK -> BLACK

Remember, solidoodle connect the extruder motor 'backwards' which means its not plugged in the same as all the other steppers... so if it behaves 'backwards', rotate the connector on the control board.

Pic that might help:
http://www.soliforum.com/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=4115&download=0