Topic: Painting?

Has anyone painted their case?  A black case would match the look of my computer and printer alot better.  I'm wondering what the best kind of paint to use is.

2 (edited by macmub 2012-11-07 20:16:14)

Re: Painting?

The cream case is horrible I agree.
Im going to sandblast mine back to metal and have it re powdercoated matt black.
Should look awesome.

Id love to do the frame aswell but I think id have to pull the whole thing apart and it just aint worth it.

Keep us updated if you go ahead with the paint job, would love to see it.

if you go to outof theboxmods (dot com) you will see my unit powder-coated green.

Amazing website!

Did you take everything apart, paint it, and then send it back to Solidoodle for assembly, or did they send the base case to you in advance?  Also, did you request blue for the printed parts?

IanJohnson wrote:

Did you take everything apart, paint it, and then send it back to Solidoodle for assembly, or did they send the base case to you in advance?  Also, did you request blue for the printed parts?

They sent me an extra chassis, I sent them everything back to install in the coated chassis. I did not request the blue parts but I like them

Digging up an old thread but did anyone end up painting their case? I'm really keen for a black case, but lack the resources for sandblasting/powder coating it. Curious if anyone has just spray painted theirs and what the outcome was?

I wouldn't see any issue just painting it, just make sure the paint can handle some heat.

walshy002000 wrote:

Digging up an old thread but did anyone end up painting their case? I'm really keen for a black case, but lack the resources for sandblasting/powder coating it. Curious if anyone has just spray painted theirs and what the outcome was?

just use an enamel based paint and you will be fine.

SD2 with E3D, SD Press, Form 1+
Filastruder
NYLON (taulman): http://www.soliforum.com/topic/466/nylon/