Re: Filastruder v1.3 Help

Ah, in that case the axial translation is due to the first layer of the wood compressing. I've since switched to a harder, laminate material.

Reassemble with the motor a few mm backwards (because the wood has compressed), and you should be good to go. If the auger was bent as a result, shoot me an email (filastruder@gmail) and I'll get you a new one.

I think I found the problem. Tim will it work if I just flip it to the other side?

Post's attachments

20131031_091817.jpg
20131031_091817.jpg 1.69 mb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Yikes. You'll end up in the same boat again with it flipped.

I can send you a new (harder material) thrust plate if you email me, otherwise use a 1/2" washer from the hardware store to better spread the load.

Sorry about this guys! Looks like there was a mixup in the type of plywood used. I'll get parts to anyone affected for free.

I'm not sure this is a good fix, but I used it and it seems to be working. I printed a "race" for the thrust bearing. I didn't like the lash around the auger shaft. The race keeps everything centered. It's mounted to the thrust plate with ATG tape, so it won't spin. I would rather it have been milled in metal, but ABS seems to be working. Time will tell?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ied5ar2epnyov … g_race.PNG

-"Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool."
-"As soon as you make something fool proof...along comes an idiot."
-"I have not failed.  I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."  ~Thomas Edison

innovate wrote:

I will look at the step 9 again Tim. I was thinking something like this.

http://www.soliforum.com/topic/2643/fil … ld/page/3/

Yeah, don't go by me. I tend to not be able to leave well enough alone.

I ditched the bottom accent piece since as you can see in the second pic the bottom screws stripped out from torque so I did not include it after I fixed that. I may reconsider. The top plate serves as a good handle.

For now that two part hopper bashed into place on the studs and screwed together seems to provide a lot of twisted nipple prevention.

And note I am using a slotted spatula hose clamped to the nipple with the fan attached to that and the filament riding over the fan into a chopped off funnel to reduce friction and manage the flow. I use welders heat shield blanket for all insulation.

So you see it is held together with gorilla tape but it works 100% for now so no reason to mess with it again, yet.
The only issue I see is that it coils on the floor in sort of a clover leaf but the filament is usable.

Post's attachments

IMG_20131031_220216.jpg
IMG_20131031_220216.jpg 393.19 kb, 1 downloads since 2013-11-01 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.