Topic: wiki

I'm posting this here, because the original Wiki discussion was closed, and I could not start another discussion in that area of the forum.

How does one comment on a Wiki page, or make suggestions?

When I go here:

Well.  I cannot post a URL, although others appear to be able to do so.  So, all I can say is that the soliwiki page has a URL ending in Updating_Solidoodle_Firmware

I would like to suggest that the discussion about selecting the Arduino board include the correct setting for a stock Solidoodle.  It is nice that three options are offered, but that leaves one wondering which one to choose.

Re: wiki

For the record, you can discuss the wiki here: http://www.soliforum.com/topic/319/cont … i-project/

That is a good idea, you are also free to sign up and edit the wiki as well if you have the information!

The Wiki says to select board "ATMEGA644P or ATmega1284P".  If I select "Sanguino W/ ATmega1284p" either 8MHz or 16 MHz, when I try to upload, I see "avrdude: AVR Part "atmega1284p" not found".  When I try switching to Board Arduino Mega (ATMega1280)", I am told "Make sure you have 'Sanguino' selected".  So, nothing works as advertised.

Any suggestions?

Never mind.  I put the avrdude.conf file in the wrong folder

jon_bondy wrote:

Never mind.  I put the avrdude.conf file in the wrong folder

Glad you got things working.

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.