Topic: Contribute to the Solidoodle Wiki Project!

A call to all Solidoodlers:

Please come help out and contribute some information to the Solidoodle Community Wiki Project!

http://www.soliwiki.com

We are compiling a large knowledge base on everything Solidoodle and 3D printing related, so if you have time, please register on Soliwiki and contribute something! Lets make getting started in 3D printing easier for newbies than it was when we started.

Much appreciated!

Brad

Re: Contribute to the Solidoodle Wiki Project!

Brad,

Can you find a way to enable uploading multiple files at once?  There are some extensions out there, but I don't understand how that all is supposed to work.

Done.

You can find the "Upload multiple files" link in the toolbox under the "upload files" link.

Brad wrote:

A call to all Solidoodlers:

Please come help out and contribute some information to the Solidoodle Community Wiki Project!

http://www.soliwiki.com

We are compiling a large knowledge base on everything Solidoodle and 3D printing related, so if you have time, please register on Soliwiki and contribute something! Lets make getting started in 3D printing easier for newbies than it was when we started.

Much appreciated!

Brad

This is somewhat unfortunate given the Solidoodle official WIKI is coming out Friday, it seems we've generated another duality.

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.

I tried to like Wikidot, I really did, but it just doesn't work for me. I prefer something more traditional, wikipedia-style that most people already know and understand.

I tried to assist with your wiki, but the access was never fixed as promised.

lawsy wrote:

I tried to assist with your wiki, but the access was never fixed as promised.

It shall be fixed tomorrow. We elected to open the Wiki rather than buy more "private access"

8 (edited by jefferysanders 2012-10-19 19:20:31)

updated firmware and software sections

jefferysanders wrote:

We have just opened the solidoodle official wiki - wiki.solidoodle.com

solidoodlesupport wrote:
jefferysanders wrote:

You are more than welcome to copy over my contributions to the other wiki, I like having 2 places for all the info.

jefferysanders wrote:
solidoodlesupport wrote:
jefferysanders wrote:

You are more than welcome to copy over my contributions to the other wiki, I like having 2 places for all the info.

Took a spin of the community wiki, and I actually think you guys should take some time to copy our articles - we have a very nice ABS article that could be added.

I'm actually surprised how few articles are on the community wiki at the moment.

I had a go at the frontpage of the wiki. Hopefully better than nothing, but probably has more room for improvement :-)

I like it, definitely an improvement. Makes it easier to find stuff.

krist10an wrote:

I had a go at the frontpage of the wiki. Hopefully better than nothing, but probably has more room for improvement :-)

Not bad. I'm a fan of wikipedia format - new topics and topical stuff in the front.

Brad, would it be possible to arrange for stl and gcode files to be uploadable?

16 (edited by nickythegreek 2013-02-23 18:26:26)

Brad, soliwiki is being really unresponsive for me.  Many times when I go to save or preview the server seems to be failing to respond.

nickythegreek wrote:

Brad, soliwiki is being really unresponsive for me.  Many times when I go to save or preview the server seems to be failing to respond.

You can always contribute to the Solidoodle official wiki!

nickythegreek wrote:

I cannot reproduce this problem. I will monitor it and see if theres anything that can be done.

Brad wrote:
nickythegreek wrote:

I cannot reproduce this problem. I will monitor it and see if theres anything that can be done.

I've never had the problem either.

I strike it quite often when visiting the wiki - I'm going to guess on how sporadic it is, that I and others like Nickythegreek are accessing your site via some badly saturated intermediates.. the joys of Internet-Peering and AS announcements down different paths ... For reference, I'm coming in it seems via the peering iiNet Australia has with Equinix Australia... Which then seems to be linking it via an internal connection - Couldn't tell you the quality of that link at all and if *thats* whats getting saturated (most likely).

So its not a site problem, as much as where you are hosting and how they are advertising the IP address you are assigned and how thats getting advertised around the world in BGP...

Do you want information on CAD tools on the Wiki?   I'm using Solid Edge to create the STL files for my Solidoodle printer and know it pretty well. It is also free to students.

SD2, glass bed, MK5 setup with E3D lite extruder
NX and Solid Edge CAD user
PI, Galileo, and arduino hacker
Code Monkey and Twitter user @burhop

Currently working on an index for all mods. I am starting with some of the more popular categories. I would love some help populating the list and keeping the mods up to date. See what I have below and feel free to add or alter where needed.

http://www.soliwiki.com/Modification_index

SD3 w/ mods:
Glass bed with QU-BD heat pad upgrade, threadless ballscrew w/ 8mm smooth rod, spectra line belt replacement, lawsy MK5 extruder, Lawsy replacement carriage, E3D hotend, Ramps 1.4 w/ reprap discount controller, DRV8825 drivers, 12v 30A PS, Acrylic case, Overkill Y-idlers, Filament alarm, Extruder fan + more.

2n2r5 wrote:

Currently working on an index for all mods. I am starting with some of the more popular categories. I would love some help populating the list and keeping the mods up to date. See what I have below and feel free to add or alter where needed.

Very nice! Keep up the good work.

2n2r5, you have done a really nice job in the formatting of that list.

solidoodlesupport wrote:
2n2r5 wrote:

Very nice! Keep up the good work.

How about hooking 2n2r5 with some free swag for his hard work? smile