Order ID #10226
Date : 21/03/2013

Now counting down the days...

Re: Orders Shipping List

SD3, ordered 3/25/2013, #10345.

It's worth the wait

Well, new user here.  I just found this forum while doing a Google search on who actually got their SD3.

My order # 9016 placed 2/21/2013

So from the looks of it, lead time on SD2/SD2 Pro is about 7-10 days, but the SD3 doesn't fare as well.  Some people are just getting theirs after waiting for 4-5 months (or more). 

I have a problem with that, it looks like they're prioritizing SD2 production at the expense of SD3.  I know it doesn't take any more time to assemble a SD2 than a SD3, so why aren't they building them at the same rate?  I feel that the money SD3 buyers forked over, is paying for SD2 production with the odd SD3 thrown in. 

What's the quickest SD3 shipping so far? Also someone mentioned they were able to get an update on their order by talking to someone in support at SolidDoodle?  How, there aren't any phone numbers listed?

To print or, 3D print, that is the question...
SD3 printer w/too many mods,  Printrbot Simple Maker Ed.,  FormLabs Form 1+
AnyCubic Photon, Shining 3D EinScan-S & Atlas 3D scanners...
...and too much time on my hands.

pirvan wrote:

Well, new user here.  I just found this forum while doing a Google search on who actually got their SD3.

My order # 9016 placed 2/21/2013

So from the looks of it, lead time on SD2/SD2 Pro is about 7-10 days, but the SD3 doesn't fare as well.  Some people are just getting theirs after waiting for 4-5 months (or more). 

I have a problem with that, it looks like they're prioritizing SD2 production at the expense of SD3.  I know it doesn't take any more time to assemble a SD2 than a SD3, so why aren't they building them at the same rate?  I feel that the money SD3 buyers forked over, is paying for SD2 production with the odd SD3 thrown in. 

What's the quickest SD3 shipping so far? Also someone mentioned they were able to get an update on their order by talking to someone in support at SolidDoodle?  How, there aren't any phone numbers listed?

well they are very similar and have similar parts hwoever there are soem parts that the sd3 uses that may not be in sufficient quantities.

Some of the recent 'quick' deliveries of the SD2 were probably due to orders switching to the 3 when the 2's were already in the pipeline, so they were basically made ahead of orders... when those run out I think you will see the 2's and 3's be about the same ship time.

I've been waiting over 3 weeks for my SD2 so I think you're right about leftover stock.

Sd3
Ordered 2/13/2013 Order # 8691
Shipped 3/27/2013

W00t!!

Don: Folger Tech 2020 Kossel Rev A + Borosilicate + Snow Effector
        Davinci 1.0 + Repetier : Filastruder
        SD3 + RAMPS + Lawsy Carriages + E3D + Borosilicate + ... : Cupcake

6-7 weeks now. Feels good to wait a while and get the latest updates and hardware wink

//Matte

Leghk wrote:

Sd3
Shipped 3/27/2013

W00t!!

I ordered mine sd3 three days after you, so i am guessing mine is coming soon too!!!!! excited.

Took the plunge....

Sd3
Ordered 3/28/2013 Order # 10458

FWIW ...

SD3
Ordered on 3/6/2013

impulze wrote:

6-7 weeks now. Feels good to wait a while and get the latest updates and hardware wink

//Matte

There's no guarantee of that.  Besides for some of us newbies, how can we tell we got the latest hardware?  I woudn't know a gen 2 from a gen 4 extruder or whether the stepper motors are standard or upgraded or anything else for that matter.

Perhaps someone here that knows the difference should make a checklist for us all that we can use to tell what we actually get (when we do get it).

jordan_lin wrote:
Leghk wrote:

Sd3
Shipped 3/27/2013

W00t!!

I ordered mine sd3 three days after you, so i am guessing mine is coming soon too!!!!! excited.

My SD3 is shipped today!!!

Just checked my e-mail and it appears my SD3 shipped yesterday.  I should have it 3/10.  So mine took 6 weeks from the time I ordered it to the time they put it in the mail. 

Not bad, faster than the original estimate.  It does indeed look like they're beginning to catch up.

Leghk wrote:

Sd3
Shipped 3/27/2013

W00t!!

And, finally, received today 4/3/2013. Now for an evening of calibration big_smile

Don: Folger Tech 2020 Kossel Rev A + Borosilicate + Snow Effector
        Davinci 1.0 + Repetier : Filastruder
        SD3 + RAMPS + Lawsy Carriages + E3D + Borosilicate + ... : Cupcake

If anybody has just put in their order for an SD3, and don't want to wait, I have an unopened one for sale:

My post on the sale is up on the General discussion forum, but bottom line is I just got it, can't keep it, haven't opened the UPS box (which is in good condition) and also have a roll of filament with it.  I can just slap a shipping label on it and get it out to you immediately.  I will cover ground shipping, and am asking $850 for it.  You can contact me at [email protected], or PM here.

Thanks,
Bob

SD3
Date Ordered: 2/27/2013
Date Shipped: 4/4/2013

Woo Hoo!

Alrightguy wrote:

SD3
Date Ordered: 2/27/2013
Date Shipped: 4/4/2013

Woo Hoo!

Glad to see you're happy ^_^

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.

SD, congrats and kudos on getting the delivery times down so far.  You always said you would get there, but it's nice to see it's not a big sore spot anymore.  Has to feel good not to have all the negative comments about deliveries anymore.

Order ID: 9188
Date Ordered: 25/02/2013

Your order has been updated to the following status:
Shipped

cmetzel wrote:

SD, congrats and kudos on getting the delivery times down so far.  You always said you would get there, but it's nice to see it's not a big sore spot anymore.  Has to feel good not to have all the negative comments about deliveries anymore.

It does!

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.

nattyb wrote:

Order ID: 9188
Date Ordered: 25/02/2013

Shipped

Cool! Then my SD3 should be shipped in a week! (Order ID: 9546)

jawhn wrote:

Order ID: 8615
Date Ordered: Feb 11, 2013
SD3 and 1 roll of Black filament

CANNOT WAIT!!!   big_smile   Learning Sketchup as fast as I can...

Received an email yesterday that it shipped, and is due to arrive Friday.

So excited!!!

i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2012/3/4/ab5120d3-7abf-4bb4-bc1a-c470ea02f944 . gif

Two SD3s - One with Sang, One with Printrboard, Fans on control boards!!! Do this!!!, Dual Glass Beds, Blacklight "EZ Bake Oven" - Improves Ambient Temp, Sketchup, Repetier, Slic3r. Graphic Designer & Makeshift Engineer. Drinks Lots and Lots and Lots of Rum.

Received this today :

Order ID: 9589
Date Ordered: March 6, 2013

Shipped

Matt