1 (edited by charv3x 2013-06-28 04:20:59)

Topic: Reducing bubbles in filament

Hi, I'm new for this 3D printer stuffs, but my friend bought a 3D printer and now we're short in filament.
It's a good news that we found this filastruder, we wish to try build it.
But we like to ask, how to reduce any bubble that may occur during extruding the filament?
Any tips for that?
We have 70% of the component to built it..including vacuum pump if it was needed to eliminate bubble in the filament.
Thanks

note: we're more interested to make ABS filament 1.75mm due to we have another friend who has a factory of plastic bottle manufacturer

Re: Reducing bubbles in filament

The Filastruder doesn't have issues with bubbles in the filament. If you're trying to build your own extruder, it'd be better to post in projects - I'd like to keep the discussion limited to the Filastruder itself in this sub forum. smile

Just in case you didn't know, you can buy more filament in a variety of places online.

Charles_Xavier wrote:

Just in case you didn't know, you can buy more filament in a variety of places online.

this

SD2 with E3D, SD Press, Form 1+
Filastruder
NYLON (taulman): http://www.soliforum.com/topic/466/nylon/

elmoret wrote:

The Filastruder doesn't have issues with bubbles in the filament. If you're trying to build your own extruder, it'd be better to post in projects - I'd like to keep the discussion limited to the Filastruder itself in this sub forum. smile

Thank you for the answer smile
I'm apologize if I asked at the wrong section, because I have interest in Filastruder for self-provide filament using recycled pellets of ABS, which in the end there's always possibility of bubbling or other defects that may compromise the print result.
I don't know exactly if the commercial filament are guaranteed to be bubble free either.

I'm glad you develop the Filastruder for the other who wish to save more fund to propel their creativity in low budget smile