1 (edited by Tin Falcon 2021-11-20 16:19:58)

Topic: E3d revo

Anyone else exited about these coming to market ??

https://e3d-online.com/blogs/news/rapidchangerevo

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

Re: E3d revo

I'm honestly not sure what to think about the Revo.  It's definitely cool, and because it's E3D it will perform excellently, but...

why?  But all of my machines save one were single-extruder, so perhaps there's an advantage here I just can't see on my own.

The evo system is built for the masses.
there are many advantages.
the wires are strain relieved so no worry about pulling one out. the ceramic heater is actually silk screen printed.
there is no aluminum block to melt in the case of thermal runaway.
the main advantage is the nozzles can be changed by hand, no tools required, and the heat break and nozzle are sealed and integrated.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

Tin Falcon wrote:

The evo system is built for the masses.
there are many advantages.
the wires are strain relieved so no worry about pulling one out. the ceramic heater is actually silk screen printed.
there is no aluminum block to melt in the case of thermal runaway.
the main advantage is the nozzles can be changed by hand, no tools required, and the heat break and nozzle are sealed and integrated.

So we're kind of coming full circle, back to integrated ceramic heaters/thermistors a la my late Printrbot's Ubis hot end, only modular and fancy as befits 2021.   Neat stuff.

it is nice to see that they are still working on new stuff, but to be perfectly honest, I do not have a need of it

I rarely have the need to change a nozzle...
in over 7 years, i think i have had all of 2-3 clogs...
I dont change nozzle sizes, so no needs there...
i dont run overly abrasive materials, so no need to change nozzles frequently there...
I also have to take issue with the non-replaceable thermistor... having to replace the entire heater setup is not cost effective to me

just not something i need.. but for those that do need them.. or just want them "because" - have at it.

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1