Topic: Incomplete product, horrible customer service

So as I had promised Tim from filastruder a scathing review to compliment the horrendous customer service or lack thereof. First the filastruder was not finished having tons of rough edges, 2nd it was missing multiple parts including the hopper I paid extra for.

Via the first email Tim was dismissive, evasive, and his responses not once addressed the problem at hand even when I said the rough edges could be overlooked.

What truly amazes me is not ONCE did he offer to resolve the problem, the first step was to waste time and money for nothing and just doing a return, that was the only resolution proposed.

When I as a customer offer multiple proposals that should be “filastruder” standard customer service solutions, that speaks volumes.

Apparently asking for the missing parts or reimbursement for me to go procure and buy them was too much to ask

Seriously it’s 2020, if I get an incomplete product, then I EXPECT at MINIMUM for at least an offer to get the product running. Not just an oh well attitude and just send it back.

I’ll be attaching emails as well later today.

Re: Incomplete product, horrible customer service

Hi.

I am sorry your kit was missing parts, that is our mistake. We normally send out any missing parts no drama.

However, in this case you were very upset and disappointed, to the point that it seemed best to offer a return. So, I sent a shipping label to facilitate that.

You then responded with profanity and various threats, calling me a "fucktard" among other things. That only serves to confirm that a return is the best way forward.

What a knob. Tim has great customer service and is always willing to fix any issues. Sounds like you need to learn respect

Sd4 #9080 with a glass bed. E3d chimera duel extruder. Paste extruder , duet wifi.
Lawsy carriages. linear bearings. Y axis direct drive, Kinect scanner
SD4#8188 glass bed, lawsly carriages, E3d v6, octoprint http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hotrod96z28
Filastruder/filawinder, Custom Delta 300mm x 600mm

Before passing judgement, I actually don’t think I used fucktard. I’ll double check. But per your website you stated you ship a new one with no worries.

What chaps my ass is the fact that again you never addressed the issues at hand and while yes I was completely dissatisfied and disappointed. Why wouldn’t I be, I paid for expedited shipping, and extra for a 3d printer hopper which wasn’t even included. Then your response was golden, not once did you offer to send or even reimburse me for going and getting parts. Completely false advertisement.

Attached are my first email and his first response. I still maintain Tims customer service sucks the big one.

I was actually quite professional until the end.......

http://soliforum.com/i/?SOGAA69.jpg

http://soliforum.com/i/?iobSxxM.jpg

http://soliforum.com/i/?PsobIbZ.jpg

I shouldn’t have to beg for my parts. Thanks for being a tool Tim.

Hi Will,

You left out some of your messages while sharing screenshots. You said, and I quote, "You are a complete fucktard". So yes, you did say that.

https://i.imgur.com/mt46gMz.png

To try to make this a little productive:

The hopper was included, because there's only one 3D printed part in a Filastruder, the hopper, and you commented on there being some stringing/support material left on it.

And a 12mm socket is correct, it should be a loose fit to allow for axial misalignment. A 11mm socket is too small to fit.

It still sounds like you are very upset and disappointed, so I'd recommend returning and finding something that better suits your needs.

Just saying, but if it is meant for production it probably won't meet your volume needs anyways. this machine from what I see is for the user who simply wants to tinker with making their own material.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

This was for a small product batch. Not more then 1 full spoil. Regardless as I stated clearly I didn’t get uppity until I the customer had to come up with resolutions which is customers support job. After that did I get pissed sure, was I well within reason sure.

False advertising at best. Again Tim NEVER address the issue at hand, he advertised he’d send out parts and not once offered to do.

To be clear the hopper ADAPTER was included and did have strings of 3d filament blocking the porting going into the barrel. The  physical hopper itself was NOT included.....like I stated. This is exactly why I’m opening up a paypal case at this point. Keep causing Cain and Ross will be contacting you next for false and misleading advertisement.

Like I stated at minimum thanks for the knowledge and parts numbers it just drives me to create a better product at this point.

You even had the BALLS to state that if I didn’t return everything that there would be a restocking fee. Well genius you didn’t send all the parts in the first place

Again this isn’t just about me being as ass, it’s for a good damn reason. Horrible customer service and it shows. Did I become as ass after having to play the customer support role , yup.

A customer should NEVER be the one to come up with resolutions to a problem the seller/manufacturer created, that applies to EVERY industry regardless of product.

http://soliforum.com/i/?PQGWhyp.png

mcocompdepot wrote:

To be clear the hopper ADAPTER was included and did have strings of 3d filament blocking the porting going into the barrel. The  physical hopper itself was NOT included.....like I stated. This is exactly why I’m opening up a paypal case at this point. Keep causing Cain and Ross will be contacting you next for false and misleading advertisement.

Again, there is only one 3D printed part in a Filastruder kit, the hopper. Here's a photo from the product page.

https://i.imgur.com/bPN6SgG.png

Sorry, but it sounds like you simply didn’t understand what the parts are rather than any parts being missing.  There is no ‘adapter’ to the hopper - there is just the hopper.  The product page links to it too, here is the design: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:159388 .  Is that what you are calling an adapter?

He probably went to mentioning the machine wouldn’t be a good fit for you because you used the phrase “This was intended for production”.  The Filastruder is for someone who wants to experiment and make filament for himself without spending thousands on a production filament line.  Making filament in a production setting implies a much higher quantity of filament needing to be produced, and produced quickly.

mcocompdepot wrote:

This was for a small product batch. Not more then 1 full spoil. Regardless as I stated clearly I didn’t get uppity until I the customer had to come up with resolutions which is customers support job. After that did I get pissed sure, was I well within reason sure.

False advertising at best. Again Tim NEVER address the issue at hand, he advertised he’d send out parts and not once offered to do.

Like I stated at minimum thanks for the knowledge and parts numbers it just drives me to create a better product at this point.

You even had the BALLS to state that if I didn’t return everything that there would be a restocking fee. Well genius you didn’t send all the parts in the first place

Again this isn’t just about me being as ass, it’s for a good damn reason. Horrible customer service and it shows. Did I become as ass after having to play the customer support role , yup.

A customer should NEVER be the one to come up with resolutions to a problem the seller/manufacturer created, that applies to EVERY industry regardless of product.

Oh boy, where to begin. First off, I've been a personal Filastruder user for about six years, ordered from Filastruder (Tim/elmoret) religiously for almost ever product in his store, and I believe I can help shed some light on this. If you ever log in again to see this post, this may defend Filastruder as a company, but may offer a solution to you and other future disheartened useres during a crunch time in production.

1) Filastruder as a company keeps video records of packaging for internal use. While it may be difficult to count every nbut and bolt over a camera, they do their best for fulfillment. I've had a couple issues in the past, and Tim has ALWAYS made good on it.
2) The Filastruder extruder is not a production machine as previously stated. SOME materials spit out FAST. PETG is pretty quick, but TPV and TPU are my records, though I can't recall the output off the top of my head.. TPV I think I churned out somewhere around 1kg per 90 mins as it rounded up. ABS takes much longer depending on the exact type you use. MG94 is the fastest I've used. But for production, in a larger scale, this may not be your preferred product.
3) The Filastruder sacrifices speed for accuracy. I've publicly reported and proven accuracy within 0.01mm +/- tolerance which is as good as Stratasys. It may spit out amazing quality, but it takes time.
4) If these potential setbacks aren't an issue and dont mind waiting an extra week or two for a fully assembled and tested Filastruder, my company Printit Industries offers fully assembled and tested units and we are well known to keep our clients up to date with any issues, setbacks, and pics of progress if requested. If that's good enough for the US military (client), that is good enough for anyone else.
5) The hopper is not "incomplete". It is well advertised that it is threaded for soda bottles to be used as an extended hopper.
6) In my experience to best service customers while not giving the farm away, it is best to calmly approach each issues and find out exactly what the problem is before shipping replacement parts. I think you can understand how many people are unfamiliar with this type of tech and with even lesser hands-on experience have reached out to the sellers. Seriously....you have no idea big_smile

Most importantly, this is a great community. Filastruder are a great team and I've had every single issue resolved without calling anyone "complete fucktard". You should count your lucky stars Tim is attempting to assist you, because I would never have accepted your abuse for a second.  If you really don't want your Filastruder, send it back and I will PERSONALLY pay you the restocking fee just to get rid of the drama.
I would like to point out at this time that I am in no way an employee or financially effected by Filastruder.

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

So in the end all this fuss over a kit that was simply missing a washer?

Wow, you were really upset. 
I bought one of the early Filastruders and have not time to put it together.  I even bought the Filawinder (sames as Filastruder unassembled yet).
Now that I have some free time from work and and a pantry cabinet that i intend to make my filsatruding cabinet (don't have a garage or shed and want enclosed so I can filastrude outside), I will be putting mine together.

I just sent him an email just a few minutes ago about a product and he was quick and courteous to respond.

My suggestion is that you need to calm down and take a breath before you give yourself a heart attack.  Something like this is easily fixable and not worth losing your health.  If you have issues with it, he has addressed and offered an alternative. 

Now take a piece of humble pie and call Tim and have a heart to heart and apologize and how to resolve the issue.

in retrospect Tim did advise you to look elsewhere for a similar product after being rude to him.  I for one tell my clients the same thing when they come to me for services.  If they do not like the price or quality of service they receive from me then obviously I am not the therapist for their needs are welcome to go elsewhere.  I have found people that argue and complain without being reasonable for a solution are people who are usually trying to get something for much less or free.  People like that are people i can do without even if it means a loss of business because my satisfied customers are going offset my loss by bringing me more happy customers.

That's my two cents and suggestion to resolving your issue if it has not already been resolved.

P.S.  I will let you know if my Filastruder is missing any parts and how quickly Tim resolves my issue.

i had a dented motor case and i gotna replacement back cover immediately after submitting photos and email. thank you filastruder for the fast, service!!!!