Topic: Survey for my new project

I am working on something with my partner and would really appreciate if you guys could take this surveys for us.

1)If people were willing to pay for your 3D models, would you sell them?
- Yes
- No

2)What are your biggest issues with selling your 3D designs?
- Providing tech support to customers
- There is not enough money in it to be worth my time
- People stealing my designs and sharing them freely
- Other (please specify)

3) How much would you charge for a 3D model of a phone case?
- <$1
- $1-5
- $5-10
- $10 or more

4)Would you be interested in purchasing other people's 3D designs?
- Yes
- No

Thank you

Re: Survey for my new project

1. Sure
2. Not enough money and people stealing
3. I wouldn't design a cell phone case because that area is covered nobody would buy it.  But for your price survey probably 1-5 because it would be hard to sell otherwise.
4. I'm a designer by trade so I don't really have that need but I would if I couldn't create it myself.

1 of course i've actually discussed this and believe thsi is the route design will take with the 3d printer in the next 10 years
2 not enough money and people steeling the design, licensing a design. We all knwo that there are many unscrupulous people. The greatest issue is goign to be what occurs today with artists of a chinese factory gettigna copy of a file legally or illrgally if tis a product that people want or need. The printing themor makign a mold and then producing tthe item at below what our files will cost.
3 money wil;l be made on volume of models sold. the more sold the more money made. as an artist i believe complexity will be an issue and the forethought i as a designer place into the construction of a model for alter assembly. the less compelx an item is the lsower a cost so a lower complex item is goign to be between 1-5 dollars say a 1 piece i phone case

but a chess set will be about 10 dollars fothe multiple designs

4 of course if its soemthign i don't feel like modeling for myself

1) I am not modelling things to be sold as a standalone product (cell-phone case, etc).  I am using my printer to make things that are a) parts of bigger items to be sold, b) are important inner parts that aren't even seen, but they aren't necessarily the object sold themselves...  At the end of the day, people are willing to and are paying for my items, whether they know it or not.

2) since they are parts in a system, as opposed to phone cases or chess pieces, my concerns are very different than any of these, but I have patented the systems/objects I make, so theft isn't so much my concern...  The systems are much more than printed objects, I actually posted one to Thingiverse, offering to send out some free parts (arduino, LED's, etc) to any one person who was willing to actually make one.   No takers.  It's alot of work to make the stuff I am working on.

3) how much is a phone case in a store?  how different or custom is it than what can be readily found?  I've seen some really cool multi-colored printed phone cases that are truly unique...  If someone came in with their design, and i printed it for them, then it's isn't selling them a case, it's providing them a service...

4) probably not, I'm already not buying stuff because I can make them for myself.

side note:  My phone streaks around with no case...  and it's proud to do so.  ;-)

what is with all the surveys?

SD2 with E3D, SD Press, Form 1+
Filastruder
NYLON (taulman): http://www.soliforum.com/topic/466/nylon/

Maybe you should a have a survey to find out why there are so many surveys? big_smile

DePartedPrinter wrote:

what is with all the surveys?

Spam survey...seen it on a couple other forums also, for quite a while the spammers have gone to great lengths trying different methods to get their posts replied to just for the sake of gaining credibility  then once they have a dozen posts or so under their belt they drop the payload wink but lately people spot them as such and put the nix on em' in just a post or two... so the new social engineering methods they are employing are working pretty good, lots of responses... I'm just waiting for the other shoe...