Topic: New build - No power to the motor

Hi all,

I have just built the Filastruder and i'm not recieving any power to the motor.

The PID turns on, and I can measure a voltage difference of 12V when not heating (0.6V when heating), however when I turn the motor switch on, the PID turns off and the voltage difference is 0.6V.

The stall protection LCD does not turn on at all. I have tried to adjust CC/CV however that also does nothing. The fans also do not turn on. Just the PID and the heater seem to work.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do?

Re: New build - No power to the motor

Sounds like you need to go back through your wiring and check everything out

Sd4 #9080 with a glass bed. E3d chimera duel extruder. Paste extruder , duet wifi.
Lawsy carriages. linear bearings. Y axis direct drive, Kinect scanner
SD4#8188 glass bed, lawsly carriages, E3d v6, octoprint http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hotrod96z28
Filastruder/filawinder, Custom Delta 300mm x 600mm

I've disassembled everything and put it back together and still the same problem.

The only change I've made is that I ordered a new adapter off ebay to suit Australian voltages... is it possible the new adapter isn't powerful enough? It's says 3A on the label, but it's from china so you never know.

...Should I just suck it up and buy a 5A adapter from a retailer, then try again?

Really confused here.

Where are you measuring this voltage difference?

Are you certain you have not reversed polarity to the stall protection board? If you do, it will act like a direct short, and trip the power supply's overload protection.

A Filastruder power supply is rated for 100-240v, at least if purchased in the last several months, maybe longer. Not sure why you bought a different supply, but if it is rated for 3 amps output, it is not enough. The heater alone draws 3 amps.