Topic: Da Vinci Pro Warped Print Bed

I've had my XYZ Da Vinci Pro for 4 years now and have always had issues with it. Starting with calibration falling after the first week. I have never used the Printer as much as I liked do to it being so frustrating, but during printing some smaller items I noticed that when I printed one of the items things were fine but the moment I printed 2 or more the items I noticed it wouldn't print in areas as it got closer to the outside of the bed. Then one it moved away it would over push out filament from the Pressure of no being able to push out filament. It doesn't even push out the first two lines the XYZ software does to get the filament flowing just track marks from the print head or a micro thin layer of plastic. After some testing and leveling the print bed I have figured out the print bed bows .2mm down or more in the middle then where the leveling screws are. its even worse between the front corners. I contacted xyz about it to see what they say but figured I would let you all know about the issue to see if its a common issue or just my printer.

Re: Da Vinci Pro Warped Print Bed

CyberneticDragonStudios wrote:

I've had my XYZ Da Vinci Pro for 4 years now and have always had issues with it. Starting with calibration falling after the first week. I have never used the Printer as much as I liked do to it being so frustrating, but during printing some smaller items I noticed that when I printed one of the items things were fine but the moment I printed 2 or more the items I noticed it wouldn't print in areas as it got closer to the outside of the bed. Then one it moved away it would over push out filament from the Pressure of no being able to push out filament. It doesn't even push out the first two lines the XYZ software does to get the filament flowing just track marks from the print head or a micro thin layer of plastic. After some testing and leveling the print bed I have figured out the print bed bows .2mm down or more in the middle then where the leveling screws are. its even worse between the front corners. I contacted xyz about it to see what they say but figured I would let you all know about the issue to see if its a common issue or just my printer.

With XYZ a bowed bed is more common than a flat bed. Your best option is get a piece of tempered glass cut to the same size and put it on top of the existing bed then add an offset in your start gcode for the new height.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Will the Heat from the Heated Bed work with that? I use abs for some of my prints.

Glass and hairspray works well with ABS.

Ultimaker S3.

so i got a nice flat piece of glass. leveled bed the find the front right corner is always higher then then the rest of the bed. so when the printer goes into that area it gets close enough to stop pushing out filament...so the anything printed in that area like my start lines builds up pressure and then when it gets to were it can print the pressure pushes out more then needed material big_smile Stupid 3 dial bed leveling system. The middle prints are coming out .35mm as I set for first layer when they don't mess up.

Have you tried shimming under the glass in the low areas to make it level?

Not sure what you mean you "SET" the first layer for. It should be the same size as all the other layers. The only difference is it will be slightly squished due to the initial .2 or .15 clearance between the bed and nozzle that you achieve by leveling. This also could be part of your issue.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.