Topic: Hello from Italy

Hi everyone,
I bought a da vinci jr two days ago, and today... I discovered that  it only works with the proprietary filament.
I feel a bit cheated, after all it is not clearly written on the box that third-party filaments can not be used.
Anyway, on this forum there are those who are working to solve this and many other problems.
I signed up to collaborate, if possible.

Re: Hello from Italy

I am new here also.   I purchased a Flsun Cube which I have not had time to get working, because of school and a full time job. 

I am sure you can mode it to print generic filament. 

Todd

Just purchaced in December '18 Flsun Cube...yet to print.

R5D,

Welcome! I have a different brand of printer, but there seems to be a large, active Da Vinci community here.  There's lots of good general information available here as well.

Hello too, to Toddster!

-Kevin

I did my homework prior to buying my da vinci printer, and found out about the filament. it does make setting up and printing easier, without all of the fuss of getting the temperatures correct etc, but there are workarounds on this site if you wish to go away from their proprietary filament. that said my machine is still stock and I use the ir filament exclusively (I do shop around for the best prices for the cartridges though).

Thanks for all answers, I read half the forum searching for the fastest solution and finally I bought twenty rfid tags and an original filament coil, just for start to print with my first 3d printer.

Now I'm trying to understand how to make a .3W file with slic3r, because the original software don't run under linux neither with wine.

try if David's miniMover will work with wine, if it doesn't, post in his topic so that he can work with you to improve it. miniMover is much much much better than orginal software and can convert .gcode file generated by Cura or slic3r to .3w file and send to Da Vinci Jr or miniMaker. There are other option call Threedub that will work with linux and you can search in forum for more information.

http://www.soliforum.com/topic/17028/pr … minimaker/

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

it says on the XYZ webpage is should work with linux (ubuntu 16.04)
http://wiki.xyzprinting.com/xyzmaker/en … uirements/

I tried miniMover, it works for the file conversion, but i can't figure how to connect it over usb.