Re: Da Vinci 1.0 Azteeg x5 WiFi Build

Z hop raises the nozzle .02mm on every retraction move if it is used. Retraction is necessary for PETG it likes to ooze.

The Z hop setting is located in the Cura Configuration manager under the extrusion tab. It's the 5th setting down the list.

Cura does not call it multiplier, they call it flow and it is located under the filament tab in the configuration manager. It operates on a percentage rather than a multiplier.

First layer extrusion width is just what it says. Some may want it slightly wider for better adhesion or in your case where you have a slight over extrusion you could reduce it to correct that.

For retraction I use 80mm/s and 2mm. I don't know the rest right like wipe and such since I am at work and don't have access to Simplify3D.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

carl_m1968 wrote:

Z hop raises the nozzle .02mm on every retraction move if it is used. Retraction is necessary for PETG it likes to ooze.

The Z hop setting is located in the Cura Configuration manager under the extrusion tab. It's the 5th setting down the list.

Cura does not call it multiplier, they call it flow and it is located under the filament tab in the configuration manager. It operates on a percentage rather than a multiplier.

First layer extrusion width is just what it says. Some may want it slightly wider for better adhesion or in your case where you have a slight over extrusion you could reduce it to correct that.

For retraction I use 80mm/s and 2mm. I don't know the rest right like wipe and such since I am at work and don't have access to Simplify3D.

Send me them once you
Get home if you can

Da Vinci 1.0 Azteeg x5 mini WiFi running Smoothieware, e3d v6.

evanboothe wrote:
carl_m1968 wrote:

Send me them once you
Get home if you can

Here are my retraction settings.

http://soliforum.com/i/?DQPAkWF.jpg

So a friend is trying to sell me a mono price delta mini are they any good

In my experience they are decent more or less entry level printers . I have a mp mini and it is a decent printer. I paid $129 for on an out of box deal. If i was looking for s cheap portable demo printer I might buy one. But that is why i purchased the mini.

realistically you will be limited to something that fits into a  100mm x 110 mm cone . 288 cm^3 The mini will do a 110 mm cube 0r 1331 cm ^3

It is listed as open source . the Mini select is not. The speed is listed as 150 mm/sec 3x that of the mini. so i  expect it is a little more solid. no surprise there. and deltas are fun to watch. A good feature for a show and tell printer. also lists a .o5 miron print layer.

The question is what would you use this for IMHO good for small parts and demos. And i would not pay more than $100 for it used.

if you are willing to spend a bit more get an out of box deal on an ultimate. that is a much more serious printer.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

Tin Falcon wrote:

In my experience they are decent more or less entry level printers . I have a mp mini and it is a decent printer. I paid $129 for on an out of box deal. If i was looking for s cheap portable demo printer I might buy one. But that is why i purchased the mini.

realistically you will be limited to something that fits into a  100mm x 110 mm cone . 288 cm^3 The mini will do a 110 mm cube 0r 1331 cm ^3

It is listed as open source . the Mini select is not. The speed is listed as 150 mm/sec 3x that of the mini. so i  expect it is a little more solid. no surprise there. and deltas are fun to watch. A good feature for a show and tell printer. also lists a .o5 miron print layer.

The question is what would you use this for IMHO good for small parts and demos. And i would not pay more than $100 for it used.

if you are willing to spend a bit more get an out of box deal on an ultimate. that is a much more serious printer.

Yeah he wants 200 for it, comes with a bunch of stuff but I think 200 is to much. What is the ultimate?

307 (edited by Tin Falcon 2018-09-30 21:31:32)

That IMHO is a bit pricey considering you can get a brand new one from monoprice for  about $180
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Monoprice-Mini … SwtHZbnI0O

so you better be getting at least 3 rolls of filament with it the used one. .

and an open box is $160 So maybe your friends is worth $150  depending on the "extras" offered.

The mono price Ultimate maker is a the top of the line Mono price 3d printer. They are available as an open box/factory return printer for $ 399. Imho these are an unconsidered under talked about printer.
http://www.soliforum.com/topic/17504/ne … ate-maker/

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15710

These are back on E BAY For $399.99 Open box more than 10 available if anyone is interested
a solid printer
formed and welded aluminum  frame
Ball screw z axis
6mm aluminum z platform and build plate
ultimaker /Zotrax m200/ Wanhao Duplicator 6 clone

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Open-Box-Monop … SwiNZbc8P2

This is not an endorsement or recommendation do your homework read reviews.

That said I purchased one from the last listing.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

http://soliforum.com/i/?8uTrVP6.jpghttp://soliforum.com/i/?TQX5Iyd.jpghttp://soliforum.com/i/?p7DcbGL.jpg

Could be high temp or maybe increase the retraction distance a bit. That would be acceptable to me in most cases as a knife or sanding can easily fix it.

carl_m1968 wrote:

Could be high temp or maybe increase the retraction distance a bit. That would be acceptable to me in most cases as a knife or sanding can easily fix it.

What is min travel before detection and what should it be at

carl_m1968 wrote:

What is min travel before detection and what should it be at

Hey guys, trying my first roll of TPU today the filament is so flexible on the roll.. I have it printing decently but I’ll get into the print and  the filament will slip off the extruder gear which then obviously ruins the print.. how can I correct this?  My spring is pretty strong causing the bearing to push up against the filament and extruder gear pretty tightly idk what else I could try.