How does PETG extrude vs pla, and abs?

Thanks.

Re: PETG success?

diyengineer:

Check out this thread here.

http://www.soliforum.com/topic/15657/co … -colorant/

-os3dp

PETG extrudes faster then PLA and ABS combined. With stock Filastruer motor wired to 24V you get extrude 1lb of pellets per hour (did not bother measuring length of filament)
You should NOT use cooling fan.
Place filawinder laser sensor closer then you would with ABS or PLA, much closer. Almost half way closer to the nozzle, that will control the diameter.

I ordered 4lb bag to try and i wasted half of it before i learned how to use it.
Once i did, it was 2hrs extrusion session and i was done.

Printing was another problem.
According to https://www.matterhackers.com/news/how- … gI-Y_D_BwE it should stick to blue tape very well, but for some reasons i find it stick to NOTING.
I cant get it to stick to ABS juice.
Blue tape, Blue tape wiped with alcohol or acetone.
Tried different tape no luck, it slides over it like its coated with oil but it has no problem sticking to the nozzle.
It will stick allover your nozzle before it will stick to any surface i've tried LOL.

Also, just like ABS, you have to print slow. 40mm/s is good speed from what i can tell testing in on 2 printers i have.

During print, cooling can be used. It will stabilize corners and other areas where it wants to curl.
It behaves like PLA and ABS combined, where it curls but cooling prevents it.
For PLA, cooler fan=better but here its not. About 50% of PLA cooling speed is ok for PETG.
No cooling will result curling at sharp corners.

Print temp is high.
If i print ABS at 250, small surface bubbles form.
PETG at 250 seems OK but i have a feeling its asking for 255-260 at which oozing becomes noticable. It flows easier at higher temps and since cooling is OK, it will keep curling to minimal.

PETG sticks like glue to PEI, Polyetherimide aka Ultem 1000 sheet.  That's what i use for a print surface for everything now, works great with ABS and PLA also.  No glue stick, no abs juice, hairspray, no tricks necessary.  Just clean the PEI surface every so often with IPA if it needs to be cleaned.  I buff the surface of the PEI with 150-220 grit sandpaper to remove the shine, get it to a dull smooth finish, then clean with IPA and print on it.  After a dozen or so prints if the surface is looking messy just hit it again with sandpaper and clean it up and clean with IPA again.  I go dozens of prints without doing anything to the surface unless the printer sits a few days and the surface gets dusty or dirty then i clean it with IPA before a print.

Ultem 1000 sheet cost a fortune.
Whats so special about it anyway ?

I use mostly PETG and it sticks like glue to my Ultrabase bed at 80c. Then pops off itself when it cools.

Anycubic i3 Mega
Anycubic Chiron
Filastruder
Mahor XYZ Pellet Extruder Head

Glass and hairspray, cheap and works wonders on a heated bed.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

I use Elmers purple glue stick on glass when printing PETG. Heatbed 80C and 235-240C print temperature. PETG prints best at about 35mm/sec, but can be printed faster.