Topic: daVinci Jr 1.0 Pro How to remove top cover?

How do you remove the top cover on the daVinci Jr Pro 1.0? I can't find any instructions online -- can only find Pro 1.0, but that top casing is different from Jr Pro 1.0. Need to access and replace the Feeding Tube Grip... new printer, but black plastic bit popped off halfway thru first sample print.

Re: daVinci Jr 1.0 Pro How to remove top cover?

The following is copied from anthem's guide on Da Vinci Jr. 1.0, I think it is more like Da Vinci Jr. Pro 1.0 in terms of structure. I don't think you need to remove the top cover to replace the Feeding Tube Grip. You can simply unload the filament, the loose the hose connector on both end of feeder tube.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Zp8AAOSwi0xZ-XcM/s-l500.jpg

http://www.soliforum.com/topic/15273/ho … -ramps-14/

Uncasing
You want to get as much access to the inside of your system as possible. To do this you'll want to remove the top and sides and some other things that'll get in the way:

Look at the back of the machine. Remove the two screws at the top, which hold the top panel in place.

Slide the top panel toward the back of the machine. After a few inches the ears will be clear and you can simply lift it off.

At the top of the frame, find the two sets of two bolts holding the top of the sides in place. They are each spanned by a plastic strap with rubber and metal washers. Remove these four bolts and the straps.

Flip the machine on its back (or upside down). The sides are held at the bottom with two clips each, one near the front and one near the back of the unit. Use a flathead screwdriver or other levering tool to push the two clips down and outward slightly (as soon as the ridge of the clip clears the slot, you're good).

Gently pry the bottom edge of the side panels away from the frame. I found that prying from the top of the panel as well helps angle the clips away from their catch so they can pop out. A little bit of gentle force may be required here. Mine tended to pop out suddenly after prying from the top, but no harm was done to the clips.

Optionally (I did not do this), flip the unit upright again, open the front cover, and find the screws that hold the front hinges to the frame. Unscrew these and remove the front panel. This can make it easier to move and handle the box, but again, it's optional.

Now that the case is mostly off, there are some other items you'll want to remove to access the parts you need:

Unscrew the two torx screws holding the front LCD panel on. Once loose, flip it forward and pull the two ribbon cables from their sockets. There are no clips, they just pull out. Set the LCD panel aside (you will no longer need it).

On the left side of the system, you'll see the NFC reader at the back of the filament holder. Two screws hold this in. Unscrew them, disconnect the 6-pin JST connector, and then remove the NFC reader. Its antenna card is slid inside the filament holder; remove this as well. (I have not confirmed this, but it may be possible to use a Raspberry Pi or Arduino to interface with this NFC reader for other projects. I'd like to hear about it if anyone has tried.)

Use your hex driver (or Allen wrench) to unscrew the two bolts that hold the filament holder to the frame. Make sure you recover the two nuts that will now be loose inside the V-slot frame. You can either set this holder aside, or reinstall it later at your option. It won't fit most spools other than XYZ branded filament anyway. I reinstalled mine post-conversion since I still have quite a lot of XYZ filament.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

Where can the tube grippers in your picture be purchased? One of mine fell apart.
Thanks,
Steve

I think I've answered my own question. According to the reviews on this product it should fit my Davinci 1.0 jr:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N1 … &psc=1

Does anyone have a link to "anthem's guide on Da Vinci Jr. 1.0"?  Or is that the link in the original post?

http://www.soliforum.com/topic/15273/ho … -ramps-14/

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1