Topic: 2017 Christmas Giveaway

Another great year has passed and it is that time again!!!  Better late than never wink

For those of you interested in donating to the Christmas Giveaway this year.  I would request that you post that information here or send me a PM if you'd prefer. 

To enter all you need to do is be a contributing forum member with at least 10 (genuine) posts and ask to be entered here.  We will draw from this list on Dec. 25 until all donated items are gone. 

Happy Holidays and as always Happy Printing from the SoliForum Staff

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

Re: 2017 Christmas Giveaway

id like to enter. ill donate a caliper

Sd4 #9080 with a glass bed. E3d chimera duel extruder. Paste extruder , duet wifi.
Lawsy carriages. linear bearings. Y axis direct drive, Kinect scanner
SD4#8188 glass bed, lawsly carriages, E3d v6, octoprint http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hotrod96z28
Filastruder/filawinder, Custom Delta 300mm x 600mm

3 (edited by josh.aeauto 2017-12-12 21:34:21)

I'd like to enter. I'll donate two $15 Filastruder gift cards.

-Prusa i3 MK2s
-Airwolf HD2x w/ E3D v6 + Volcano
-Custom built Solidoodle 3 clone w/ E3D v6+ Volcano    -Solidoodle Press w/ E3D Lite6
Filastruder #1577

4 (edited by pirvan 2017-12-13 23:53:52)

I will donate a SLA printed model of the Death Dealer I'm currently working on, ready to be finished and painted.

BTW, how does the donation thing work, do we wait for the winner and then ship them the item?  Or do I have to send the model to Ward or whomever is running the raffle.

To print or, 3D print, that is the question...
SD3 printer w/too many mods,  Printrbot Simple Maker Ed.,  FormLabs Form 1+
AnyCubic Photon, Shining 3D EinScan-S & Atlas 3D scanners...
...and too much time on my hands.

last few times we wait till ward sends us the person who gets the donation and we ship straight to them

Sd4 #9080 with a glass bed. E3d chimera duel extruder. Paste extruder , duet wifi.
SD4#8188 glass bed, lawsly carriages, E3d v6, octoprint http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hotrod96z28

Kronikabuse wrote:

last few times we wait till ward sends us the person who gets the donation and we ship straight to them

Yep I’ll draw names and post who won what.  Winner can then contact (PM) the donor and shipping arrangements can be arranged between the two parties.

3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL

wardjr wrote:
Kronikabuse wrote:

Yep I’ll draw names and post who won what.  Winner can then contact (PM) the donor and shipping arrangements can be arranged between the two parties.

Sounds good.  I better got on with it and finish the model then.

I'll donate an exacto knife set.

I would like to sign up this year, sorry I missed last year, but year before last was fun. Thanks to all who donate.

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

I am donating a 1KG spool of MakeShaper ABS filament...winner's choice of color!

http://www.makeshaper.com/product-categ … s-1-75-mm/

SD2 - Stock - Enclosure - Heated Bed - Glass Plate - Auto Fire Extinguisher
Ord Bot Hadron - RAMPS 1.4 - Bulldog XL - E3D v6 - 10" x 10" PCB Heated Build w/SSR - Glass Plate
Thanks for All of Your Help!

I would also like to be entered in the drawing for the giveaway, please and thank you.

Wish I had something to donate... Will have to look around and see if I have anything anyone would want. But please enter me as well. big_smile

Haven't been here in a while. Got a free moment at work and remembered Soliforum.

Two SD3s - One with Sang, One with Printrboard, Fans on control boards!!! Do this!!!, Dual Glass Beds, Blacklight "EZ Bake Oven" - Improves Ambient Temp, Sketchup, Repetier, Slic3r. Graphic Designer & Makeshift Engineer. Drinks Lots and Lots and Lots of Rum.

Printit Industries will be donating a Hale heatbed.
On behalf of Printit, I (we) would like to say happy holidays and New Year to a wonderful forum!

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

Finished it just in time.  Here is the model some lucky winner will receive for our 2017 Christmas Giveaway

http://soliforum.com/i/?haCmQBZ.jpg

It looks as though we only have 5 people that put their names in for the drawing.  So unlike last year, I entered the names of people who also donated even if they didn't ask to be entered.  (Excluding Printit)
I have literally put the names in a hat and drew them out till all seven names were drawn as I went down the gift list as stated above.  Should you win something you simply can not use, feel free to donate that item to some other user that can.

I can not stress this enough, you must contact the donor of your particular gift to accept and arrange shipping.

THE WINNERS ARE!!!!   

Jawn: Caliper donated by kronikabuse

kronikabuse: $15 Filastruder donated by josh.aeauto

n2ri: $15 Filastruder donated by josh.aeauto

knowack: Death Dealer model donated by pirvan

josh.aeauto: Exacto Knife Set donated by knowack

pirvan: MakeShaper Filament donated by IronMan

josefcub: Hale Heat Bed donated by Printit (contact AZERATE)

Merry Christmas

16 (edited by jawhn 2018-01-02 16:53:15)

Special thanks to Kronikabuse! Just received the digital caliper, and this bad boy is waaaaaay better than the el cheapo Harbor Freight set I was using previously. (Which I haven't been able to find recently)

Merry Christmas / Happy New Year, thanks to everyone involved in this giveaway!

Two SD3s - One with Sang, One with Printrboard, Fans on control boards!!! Do this!!!, Dual Glass Beds, Blacklight "EZ Bake Oven" - Improves Ambient Temp, Sketchup, Repetier, Slic3r. Graphic Designer & Makeshift Engineer. Drinks Lots and Lots and Lots of Rum.

Pirvan,

Sorry for the delay, but I received the Death Dealer figure in good condition.

The model is Amazing!  Equally impressive is the quality of the print itself!

I've never seen an SLA-printed item in real life before.  I'm impressed with the detail and printability of difficult geometry.  The finish of the model's surface is quite good too.  I'd be interested in hearing more about how you modeled and printed this.

Seeing this makes me interested in getting an SLA printer...but only after I get the Workbench overhauled.

Thanks!

-Kevin

18 (edited by pirvan 2018-01-17 04:03:57)

Glad you like it. 

Anyway, I posted about the build and scan in another post.  You can follow the process there:
http://www.soliforum.com/topic/16945/ne … -frazetta/

If you plan on painting the model, take a look at the web site below.  They make 1/4 scale version of the dealer that absolutely awesome, if you can afford the $800 price tag.  But they have detailed photos which are a good guide on how it should look like when painted.

https://arhstudioscollectibles.com/shop … th-dealer/

Regarding SLA printers, if you print mechanical models, and small details and surface quality are not an issue, FDM printers are very good at it.  One of their advantages are also the large selection of materials and material colors, the large build volumes, and not in the least their low cost, both to buy and to operate.

SLA printers on the other hand have near injection molded quality output, are almost silent to operate, but the material selection is somewhat limited, and they are expensive to own and operate.

So one has to make a decision as to what it is they want to print, and what quality is good enough. 

I've had a real good time with my Solidoodle (I still have it, but don't use it almost at all), and I learned a lot.  It was affordable enough to get me started with 3D printing, and for that I will always have a soft spot in my heart, but for me, SLA was they way to go.

2018 Christmas Giveaway?

I'll pony up some items again this year!

-Kevin

im in for a caliper

OK

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

22 (edited by Tin Falcon 2018-12-01 01:52:56)

willing to donate a Metric 0-25mm micrometer Non digital no batteries
Something like this
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/myQAAOSwUuRZ2RXu/s-l500.jpg

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

Tin Falcon wrote:

willing to donate a Metric 0-25mm micrometer Non digital no batteries required

that defeats the spirit of christmas. it's all about making that run to the corner store and buy those 10x mark up batteries.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Let's start a 2018 Christmas thread, then.

knowack wrote:

Let's start a 2018 Christmas thread, then.

Haven't seen a new thread yet, (Is wardjr in charge again?) but this year I'll donate a custom printed sticker(s) of the winner's choosing. Can be a logo, a photo, whatever. Full-color adhesive-backed vinyl inkjet print with a matte/velvet finish clear overlaminate. Size is somewhat flexible, but nothing huge or high quantity, please.

As a reference point, if you're familiar with the control panel overlays on a video arcade game, it's pretty much identical. Custom cutouts are also allowed. (within reason)

Would just need the winner to send me an art file or high-res image file if they don't have access to creating a vector art file. These could be stickers to put on your 3D printer, or to fit in/on a print you make, or a car bumper sticker, or...?

Hope that makes sense. Ask questions if I muddied the waters with what I'm offering, lol. Actually, let me attach an image, that'll take some of the mystery out of this...

Post's attachments

3280456842594761317.jpg 429.75 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.