Re: NTAG Edit Tool - [DaVinci Junior & Mini]

GerardDirks wrote:

Hello Fellows

I lost the interest in the "da Vinci mini w" and their Concept of TAGS etc. I will sell it in ebay.ch or Ricardo.ch and buy an Resin 3D Printer which is also better choice for my purpose! (Figures für RC Boats).

The Reasons:
1) that XYZPrinting break my 3D Printer with Error 0061 after Firmware Update and want money to sell me a new mainboard
2) the killing the TAG of my Original Rolls of Filament that disabling of original NFC Chip because I downgrade to an older Firmware.
3) I lost my WLAN functionality after downloaded to 1.2.9. (1.1.9 gives me back WLAN but killed my last spare NFC Tag)
4) the Windows Software for NFC CardWriter/Reader doesn't allow me to reformat(initialize) and edit the paperchips. I am only able to read Parts of the NFC tag

I only want to print some Figures, not playing with buggy Firmware and TAGS Issues. I am not an masochist ;-)

Strange is that nobody is able to help me with the Windows Issues? I don't want an Android Phone to program the TAGS. I thought 90% of the Users worldwide uses Windows, so 90% of the 3D Printer will be get prints of Windows based PC's

NTAGS are not used by windows or computers so why would there be any way to use or program them with a PC? NTAGS are for phone use only with exception to the application that XYZ is using them for. Therefore they require a phone to read and program. To get good prints on an SLA you are are going to need about three different programs. One to do proper supports, one to slice, and one to run the printer properly. So it's not going to be all fun and print with an SLA either.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

@carl_m1968

The strange is that the NTAG Edit Tool by modfreakz is written in windows, why should there be no program to read/write it on windows. Is much more easy that transferring the "edited data files" to an android phone ?!?

Also on Mac I was able to read the NFC Chips, but no way to write the file to the chip. They have probable a copy protection ?!? I wasn't also been able to erase or blanc the NFC

The Resin Printer I bought, works with a Program which will run on my Mac OS X on "Chitubox". I already downloaded it and make some Testfigures tonight.This will also do the support. When I want to optimize the support I can use the program "Photon File Validator 2.1", but this is only an option and not always necessary. There is no need to run the printer because the file is execute from an USB Stick.

(The Resin Printer will be delivered within 7 business days). So I have some time the be familiar with the tools

So I can concentrate my on the Designing the Figure & The Print and not struggle with a copy protection of the NFC- Tags, which occurred more problems as benefit.

GerardDirks wrote:

Hello

I got my ARC122 USB CardWriter/Reader. I tried a couple of Windows Software. I am able to read al my TAGS, but nothing else! I Tried the following Programs; NFC21 Tool, GoToTags Windows, nfctoolts-latest (nfctoolsgui.exe)

Because I refuse to buy/use an Android Phone for this purpose! I need a Windows or Mac Solution!

I also have a MacBook with both (10.13 & 10.15). If their is software for this it would be also great, but windows would be easier because the NFC Edit Tool only runs on windows?. Are their any instruction for doing the Edit/Write on Windows?

There is a Windows/Arduino solution if you care to search the forum.

54 (edited by GerardDirks 2020-06-20 14:38:30)

@cgrillo

I tried your programs (Update NTAG213.exe, Update MagicNTAG.exe & XLoader.exe) !
I can't load the Bootloader with Xloader, because it doesn't support FTDI, which the original Arduino Nano uses! Your clone works probably only the the CH340 drivers.

With the tools of modfreakz, I am able to load his boot loader to the original Arduino Nano, but that doesn't support (recognize) the red PN532 NFC Board?

I stopped the modifying! It is a wasting of time and money to debugging the driver issues. I refuse to buy an Android Phone!!! I have enough electronic garbage i never use!

Probably their are to less persons in this forum with experience with none clone Arduino Nano!

GerardDirks wrote:

@cgrillo

I tried your programs (Update NTAG213.exe, Update MagicNTAG.exe & XLoader.exe) !
I can't load the Bootloader with Xloader, because it doesn't support FTDI, which the original Arduino Nano uses! Your clone works probably only the the CH340 drivers.

With the tools of modfreakz, I am able to load his boot loader to the original Arduino Nano, but that doesn't support (recognize) the red PN532 NFC Board?

I stopped the modifying! It is a wasting of time and money to debugging the driver issues. I refuse to buy an Android Phone!!! I have enough electronic garbage i never use!

Probably their are to less persons in this forum with experience with none clone Arduino Nano!

You could just buy a real open source printer like an Anycubic I3 for $300 and never look back. XYZ was a joke from the very beginning and still are.

My da vinci Nano went already to the basement!

I replaced it with an Anycubic Photon-S! The first 3 or 4 figures went wrong, but now everything works fine (after a new z-adjustment after replacing the FEP film). I muss learn something more about the supports, but it works from the beginning. No problem which I had with the PLA Filament (Warping, None-Headbed).

Because the da Vinci has a much larger Printer Bet, I don't want to throw them away.

It is a pity that cgrillo has only test his software with the with a clone of the Arduino Nano (and none standard drivers)? Also modfreakz hasn't replied my 5-10 e_mails after I, by mistake downgrade the "da Vinci mini w" 1.2.9! With 1.1.9 the WLAN was back. I Brike the WLAN functionality of the "da Vinci mini w" with Version 1.2.9. I don't take any risk because it is the last NTAG Tag I have working.

Then the spontanic break of the filement while the machine is not working. The reel has still original Filament but it was broke just for the Filament Loader for 5 times. Every time loses about 80cm of Filament.

The decision to switch to SLA was easy, especially while for my purpose the, the printing of small RC Boats Figures, a Resin printer is better as a PLA printer. (learn by doing)

I hope I get the "da Vinci mini w" and his Tags running in the near future, because I need to print some PLA files (a funnel to empty the Resin in the bottle, a tray cover for the resin, Anycubic Photon Drip stand retractable,
Anycubic Photon Switch protector, YAEZ Yet another easy Z adjust for Anycubic Photon, Anycubic Photon/Photon S leveler (REMIX), Anycubic Photon VAT holder, Anycubic Photon S - Air Filter towers & Anycubic Wash & Cure - Stirrer, Anycubic wash & cure station vat holder) ;-)

Don't Use PLA for a funnel. The Resin will actually dissolve PLA. If you want to print a funnel then use PETG or ABS. Also unless you are changing colors or resin type you can just leave it in the vat. It will not cure as long as it is protected from UV light. I leave resin in mine months at a time. Just stir it before use.

@carl_m1968
Thx for the hint!

59 (edited by Vaklin 2020-07-14 05:47:47)

Hi!

May I ask the owner of NTAG Edit tool to recompile it with an option to use the colours from the system, when it is in high contrast mode? Now I can't see anything after loading a dump.http://soliforum.com/i/?oJNTvli.jpg