1 (edited by zburhop 2017-11-25 19:02:48)

Topic: press help

Hi, So my press never really worked.  Its sat in my garage for years while my other printers pick up the work load.  Its basically stock.  Is there a definitive guide out there for how to make this a working printer both software and hardware wise in a post solidoodle world?  It really bothers me that it was never useful.... and i don't want to die knowing i was bested by a machine.... help me cross this off my bucket list lol

Re: press help

Here is a fairly involved mod one member here completed beyond that their are a half dozen sticky threads related to the press.

My advice is pull it out clean it lube it power it up and try to print then evaluate the print and go from there.

As far as parts go https://www.printitindustries.com/ these guy went into business to support solidoodle customers .

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

If you’re giving up on it feel free to send me an email at [email protected] and I’d probably be willing to take it off your hands. We’d negotiate price and things like that but send me an email if you want.

I'm always interested also.