1 (edited by carl_m1968 2017-05-24 19:26:22)

Topic: Wanhao Duplicator 7 Discussion

I am getting one and would like to open a discussion about them with other owners.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Re: Wanhao Duplicator 7 Discussion

Did you get your printer, or at least a tracking number?

To print or, 3D print, that is the question...
SD3 printer w/too many mods,  Printrbot Simple Maker Ed.,  FormLabs Form 1+
AnyCubic Photon, Shining 3D EinScan-S & Atlas 3D scanners...
...and too much time on my hands.

3 (edited by carl_m1968 2017-05-09 14:11:50)

pirvan wrote:

Did you get your printer, or at least a tracking number?

I got a tracking number that is showing activity. It is coming from Germany. Which means it could be the older Euro model that still has the Form 1 firmware. I suspect that is the reason the reason the the seller got shut down as well since they claimed the printers where in the US and shipped from the US.

UPDATE:5/9

Got a shipping update that says it is now in US at customs inspection.

4 (edited by carl_m1968 2017-05-11 21:41:38)

Looks like I got scammed. Something was delivered to an address across town. So looks like I will now have to fight with ebay to get my $385 back. Someday maybe I will learn if it sounds too good, it is. So no CTC support thread unless others want to take over.

I did email the seller through his paypal address today to see if he has anything to say. Since the listing was taken down by ebay I don't even have a listing to make a claim on now so I have no idea how this works.

Did you converse with the shipper. Mistakes happen . I had  package delivered to the wrong dress. PO picked it up and delivered it.
Tin

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

carl_m1968 wrote:

Looks like I got scammed. Something was delivered to an address across town. So looks like I will now have to fight with ebay to get my $385 back. Someday maybe I will learn if it sounds too good, it is. So no CTC support thread unless others want to take over.

I did email the seller through his paypal address today to see if he has anything to say. Since the listing was taken down by ebay I don't even have a listing to make a claim on now so I have no idea how this works.

The original listing should still be in your purchase history.  Look for the original listing number somewhere next to the listing title/description, then contact eBay support give them the listing number and explain what happened.  They should be able to help.

I've had a couple of expensive action figures I purchased that went bad, similar to yours, and eBay refunded me the money, even though the seller/scam artist, disappeared.

Good luck

To print or, 3D print, that is the question...
SD3 printer w/too many mods,  Printrbot Simple Maker Ed.,  FormLabs Form 1+
AnyCubic Photon, Shining 3D EinScan-S & Atlas 3D scanners...
...and too much time on my hands.

I have changed the title of the topic. I have since bought a Wanhao Duplicator 7 which uses and LCD and UV light source instead of a scanning laser. Should be here next week and will give a review and images.

Does the D7 come with a raspberry pi? I can't recommend running a Pi and Nanodlp enough. I prefer it to creation workshop plus its actively being updated.

www.Revolve3D.com
[email protected]
3D Printer Filament, ABS Pellets, PLA pellets, Colorant, and Accessories

9 (edited by carl_m1968 2017-05-27 04:07:54)

Revolve3D wrote:

Does the D7 come with a raspberry pi? I can't recommend running a Pi and Nanodlp enough. I prefer it to creation workshop plus its actively being updated.

It is possible and on my list of hacks. They already have firmware out to support it.

I was doing some research on the topic and found that you can use NanoDLP without the Pi. They have no have a 32bit and 64bit version that works on Windows. See link below about midways down on that page.

https://www.nanodlp.com/download/

No the d7 does not come with a Raspberry pi

I have one and I do like it.  The one I received was a v1.2. I have upgraded it to the 1.3
I do have a new flex coupler on order as I am getting z banding in it.

but I have got some nice prints off it

I am printing the maker muse tolerance test on the d7 will let you know how it comes out.

http://soliforum.com/i/?2nTXsx1.jpghttp://soliforum.com/i/?mVd12e9.jpg
here are two printed items from the d7.

http://soliforum.com/i/?7OjVz8O.jpg
the flex coupler helped.

So I got my D7 in today. Looks nice, still trying to get their POS software to work. I see nanoDLP in my very near future Ill post a print once I get it working and done. The silly thing keeps resetting the second monitor position and keeps opening it on my desktop in a small window instead of full screen on the printers LCD. Then I ruin resin trying to move it.

http://soliforum.com/i/?R5HJGau.jpg

http://soliforum.com/i/?OjUGqeg.jpg

if it keeps resetting the monitor check to make sure the lcd cable didn't become dislodged during shipping.

16 (edited by carl_m1968 2017-06-03 02:13:10)

mark.burton wrote:

if it keeps resetting the monitor check to make sure the lcd cable didn't become dislodged during shipping.

I mean by resetting that it does not save the position of the extended desktop to the D& LCD. Each time I open Creative Workshop and connect to the printer the window opens full screen on my laptops LCD. I have to manually move it to the D7LCD and then make it full screen there.

They now have NanoDLP that will work on the PC and uses a web browser interface. I think I am going to install it and try it. The issue though is that if I turn the printer off then Windows only sees one screen connected and goes back to the Laptop LCD as primary which I think is what is causing the extended position to reset.

oh I never had that problem once I set up the printer in cw correctly. I did have to tell it which monitor to use in the configure portion but then no issue. but then my desktop has 3 monitors already.

mark.burton wrote:

oh I never had that problem once I set up the printer in cw correctly. I did have to tell it which monitor to use in the configure portion but then no issue. but then my desktop has 3 monitors already.

It might be that I am using a laptop. Maybe since the main screen is the LCD instead it defaults for some reason. I really don't want to get a cheap desktop just to run this printer.

19 (edited by carl_m1968 2017-06-05 12:32:45)

Well got my video issue worked out. Had to hook up a second external monitor and disable the laptops LCD. Now the software puts the Slice images on the D7 LCD like it should. Below is my first print wit out of the box settings. Only thing I changed was comport number. I used clear resin from 3D Ink at $65 per liter and a .10 layer height. The orange tint was caused by over curing. I left it in my UV oven over night.

http://soliforum.com/i/?FsFC1lE.jpg http://soliforum.com/i/?dlVisYS.jpg

I have to ask -- is it worth it to get the 1.4 version of the D7?? I have been thinking about buying one for a couple of weeks now.

4x CR10
3x Homebuilt Lulz TAZ 6

william.fecke wrote:

I have to ask -- is it worth it to get the 1.4 version of the D7?? I have been thinking about buying one for a couple of weeks now.

The 1.4 is the only version you should be looking to buy. It addresses and fixes all the short comings of the previous models. You need to ask yourself though what you plan to print with it and then see if you can source resin to fit your need. The resin for this type of machine has to be formulated for it. Also most resin for this machine is brittle and may not be able to withstand structural forces. You may need to look into industrial or tough resins which will increase their prices.

How expensive is resin for this, compared to printing with filament?  How would you compare overall print quality?

resin price depends on what kind you get.
funtodo un-pigmented Industrial blend  is 65 dollars for a 1kg of resin

https://shop.studioqubed.com/products/f … 0294410433

Monocure also looks to be a good value

http://www.monocure3d.com.au/ slthough it is in au dollars and you have to pay shipping. with the conversion rate I think it comes out to close to the same.

resin prints give a lot more details but are more brittle unless you use something like the formlabs tough (175 usd) or durable (175 usd) (or equivalent in other manufacture's products)

This is a far cry from 17 -21 dollars a roll for pla However if you need the details I think its worth it.

24 (edited by carl_m1968 2017-09-13 22:30:59)

knowack wrote:

How expensive is resin for this, compared to printing with filament?  How would you compare overall print quality?

See image for print quality. These where all done on the D7. The small archer is 29mm tall, the bear is 58mm tall.

http://soliforum.com/i/?cOeoAKC.jpg

carl_m1968 wrote:
william.fecke wrote:

The 1.4 is the only version you should be looking to buy. It addresses and fixes all the short comings of the previous models. You need to ask yourself though what you plan to print with it and then see if you can source resin to fit your need. The resin for this type of machine has to be formulated for it. Also most resin for this machine is brittle and may not be able to withstand structural forces. You may need to look into industrial or tough resins which will increase their prices.

Appreciate the quick response -- I was looking to use it for destruction molding. Basically print the part, mold it in silicon, use parts molded from the silicon mold in a sandcast. Essentially small figurines that need to made from pewter.

4x CR10
3x Homebuilt Lulz TAZ 6