Re: XYZ Printing Da Vinci Jr (w) / Da Vinci Mini (w) Hacking

carl_m1968 wrote:

Once a roll runs out which your printer think it did at 14m you cannot use the same serial number. Use the app to generate a new tag  with it's own serial number, not the same serial as the low spool.

The original roll did not run out, I just didn't want to use it until it hit 0 since I thought that would lock the card.

I did use the app to reset the card but SN is the same. The printer doesn't have a problem with the SN of the original roll, it just goes to print then the light on the printer turns red and does not print.

I believe that all the tags I created with the app have the same SN though. Is there a way to change the SN within the app?

The roll does not have to be empty for the printer to tag it as empty. That is one of the reasons people hack them. If the printer thinks the job will take more than it thinks the roll has it will reject the roll. As for the serial sre you creating a new tag or just trying to reset the count? The app for making tags, not resetting them should give each tag a different serial number.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

The app has no way of changing the UID on the paper tags. If you have placed them in the printer and modified them afterwards they will no longer work because the printer recognizes them as being modified. If you have not placed them in the printer prior to modifying them, then you must not be using the app correctly. DO NOT tell the app to generate the UID on paper tags.

Bozotclown1970 wrote:

The app has no way of changing the UID on the paper tags. If you have placed them in the printer and modified them afterwards they will no longer work because the printer recognizes them as being modified. If you have not placed them in the printer prior to modifying them, then you must not be using the app correctly. DO NOT tell the app to generate the UID on paper tags.

As far as I can tell the app only allows me to set the  temperature and the roll length. There is only one button to "create reel tag."

These are the steps I took with the app:

1. scan the paper tag on the app
2. set the temp and roll size
3. click the "create tag reel" button
4. place sticker in printer

Am I missing something?

mlrnsa wrote:

As far as I can tell the app only allows me to set the  temperature and the roll length. There is only one button to "create reel tag."

These are the steps I took with the app:

1. scan the paper tag on the app
2. set the temp and roll size
3. click the "create tag reel" button
4. place sticker in printer

Am I missing something?

I have never used an app before. I use a hardware solution for updating/creating tags for my JR, but I have a concern when the app says "create tag reel". Where did you get the app from? I know most people on this site have downloaded it from one of the other topics in this forum.

One other question, are you sure your phone is NFC capable?

Are you setting the tag for 200 or 300? It should be 200? The firmware on these machines no longer support 300.

733 (edited by mlrnsa 2019-04-21 02:13:01)

So the problem was that I was using the retool app instead of the NTAG refill app.

I installed the new app and created some new tags and it seems to be working fine for now.

I scanned the other tags with the NTAG refill app and they were all locked. My guess is that the software communicated with an online server that makes sure the tag SN hasn't been used before. I disconnected my computer from the Internet and will be blocking blocking the software with a firewall from now on.

I also updated the firmware to 1.2.3 since it wouldn't recognize some of the tags and that fixed it somehow.

Thanks for everyone's help.

more info:

This is the app I was originally using: http://www.soliforum.com/topic/17124/an … ank-ntags/

This is the app I updated to: http://www.soliforum.com/post/148418/#p148418

I was using the Nexus 7 (2013) which does have NFC and I was setting the length to 200 M

734 (edited by djsapsan 2019-07-24 15:47:00)

Good day. I have Da vinci minimaker. I have trying to hack chip for long time, cause i have no any experience in this field.
Last what i did is i have finally collect all needed information and tried to perform some actions.
1) I have UID and i get key from nfckey.xyz.
2) Using RFID NFC Tool app
3) added generated key (i have checked everything 10 times its correct)
4) read from chip.
But every time i read i get all the same fail. Only i have is first 7 pages. Everything else is blocked (with/without authentification)
Am i using wrong key or app is broken or chip is failed?
Thought printer is fine and saying that he has 200 m of filament, only after i start printing i getting error about wrong spool.
(sorry for my english)

By chance have you run the chip down to 0 before you tried to read it with the tool?

Your printer will not use chips that have already been placed in the printer. You will need to purchase some paper tags to use. You can set all of the information in them and you will be off and printing.

Bozotclown1970 wrote:

By chance have you run the chip down to 0 before you tried to read it with the tool?

No i didnt

What i get
(photo in attachment)

Post's attachments

IMG_20190725_150745.jpg
IMG_20190725_150745.jpg 3.86 mb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Are you using the following information?

http://soliforum.com/i/?NwdAO5F.jpg

Bozotclown1970 wrote:

As i said i using exact this key. Only PACK i dont use because nowhere i can put it in

djsapsan wrote:

Good day. I have Da vinci minimaker. I have trying to hack chip for long time, cause i have no any experience in this field.
Last what i did is i have finally collect all needed information and tried to perform some actions.
1) I have UID and i get key from nfckey.xyz.
2) Using RFID NFC Tool app
3) added generated key (i have checked everything 10 times its correct)
4) read from chip.
But every time i read i get all the same fail. Only i have is first 7 pages. Everything else is blocked (with/without authentification)
Am i using wrong key or app is broken or chip is failed?
Thought printer is fine and saying that he has 200 m of filament, only after i start printing i getting error about wrong spool.
(sorry for my english)

Somewhere I am missing something. You replied to my message about running it down to zero, but never answered my question about if the tag has been in the printer or not. From your statement above it has, and this means you cannot modify it and use it in your printer. How far did you run it down to?

Bozotclown1970 wrote:
djsapsan wrote:

Good day. I have Da vinci minimaker. I have trying to hack chip for long time, cause i have no any experience in this field...
(sorry for my english)

Somewhere I am missing something. You replied to my message about running it down to zero, but never answered my question about if the tag has been in the printer or not. From your statement above it has, and this means you cannot modify it and use it in your printer. How far did you run it down to?

Lowest level was ~10 meters. What i did before is i used app for resetting filament (got from this forum)

Bozotclown1970 wrote:
djsapsan wrote:

Good day. I have Da vinci minimaker. I have trying to hack chip for long time, cause i have no any experience in this field...
(sorry for my english)

Lowest level was ~10 meters. What i did before is i used app for resetting filament (got from this forum)

djsapsan wrote:
Bozotclown1970 wrote:
djsapsan wrote:

(sorry for my english)

Is that your estimate or what the printer reported? If the printer tagged it as empty it will be remembered and there is nothing you can do once it is tagged as empty by the printer.

carl_m1968 wrote:

Is that your estimate or what the printer reported? If the printer tagged it as empty it will be remembered and there is nothing you can do once it is tagged as empty by the printer.

I know it! And i repeat that in last working time it was ~10 m. Was written in xyz printing program. Im sure 100%

Ok so we know that tag is bad and not working so just buy new tags and create a new tag at 200m. Some tags just go bad or are bad from the beginning. If new tags always give you a problem then your APP or process is bad and you need to reinstall the APP on your phone, make sure it is the correct APP from the link in this thread, and make sure you are following the process in this thread and nowhere else.

djsapsan wrote:
Bozotclown1970 wrote:

As i said i using exact this key. Only PACK i dont use because nowhere i can put it in

I have same question: where to put the PACK

zxie wrote:
djsapsan wrote:
Bozotclown1970 wrote:

I have same question: where to put the PACK

The first two bytes of 2C

Thx a lot for the in detail description & all the time to research all this. I have an interesting positive experience which I cannot explain completely:

In 01.2018 I have reset an original PLA black from 0m to 200m. The XYZ da Vinci Mini w did not accept the NFC chip any more and refused to print. Today, 04.2020 I tried again and it did work just like a new NFC chip ;-) So, what did I change?

1) Upgrade to Firmware XYZ da Vinci Mini w
28.01.2017 V1.1.4
03.01.2018 V1.2.3
10.04.2020 V1.3.9

2) New Mac and New XYZ Software
a) until 03.2020 I used my old mac with XYZware
b) from 04.2020 I am using XYZPrint V2.0.1 not allowing Internet connections

Some ideas:
* Firmware upgrade deletes the NFC data in the printer
* XYZ Server did lose data of the NFC tag over time
* not allowing XYZPrint accessing server prevents black listing the NFC tag

More ideas?

stefferber wrote:

Thx a lot for the in detail description & all the time to research all this. I have an interesting positive experience which I cannot explain completely:

In 01.2018 I have reset an original PLA black from 0m to 200m. The XYZ da Vinci Mini w did not accept the NFC chip any more and refused to print. Today, 04.2020 I tried again and it did work just like a new NFC chip ;-) So, what did I change?

1) Upgrade to Firmware XYZ da Vinci Mini w
28.01.2017 V1.1.4
03.01.2018 V1.2.3
10.04.2020 V1.3.9

2) New Mac and New XYZ Software
a) until 03.2020 I used my old mac with XYZware
b) from 04.2020 I am using XYZPrint V2.0.1 not allowing Internet connections

Some ideas:
* Firmware upgrade deletes the NFC data in the printer
* XYZ Server did lose data of the NFC tag over time
* not allowing XYZPrint accessing server prevents black listing the NFC tag

More ideas?

Hello stefferber!

I want to use XYZWare to print. When I will downgrade will the XYZWare then recognize my printer.
Last week I downgrade my printer to 1.2.9 and then my original Roll wasn't recognized anymore (with 72meter on it) :-(
I had to take a new NFC Chip :-(
But I wasn't able to see the 3D printer with 1.2.9 or do I go back to an much older version of the Firmware?

Gérard

750 (edited by GerardDirks 2020-06-25 19:16:40)

Hello

I read the summary!

What is the reason that it only works with?
1) Android Phone
2) Arduino & PN532
Is this an technical reason, or is it only because the developer hasn't testet more resources as these 2?

2.1 Reading the locked NFC Tag
There are two possible ways of reading the NFC Tag. One is with the help of an NFC capable Android smartphone, and the other one is with the help of an Arduino and an Adafruit PN532 (the same Reader/Writer which is used by the Da Vinci mini and jr).