Re: [Copolyester/PETG] - Eastman EASTAR Copolyester 6763 + Powder colorant

So clearly i was sold something else then i paid for.

tonycstech wrote:

So clearly i was sold something else then i paid for.

I never said that. Maybe the guys that sold it to you where the ones that got ripped off instead and got sold something other than what they paid for and then sold it to you without knowing. The point is you are throwing accusation and blame on the guys here that you bought from when they themselves may have been the ones that got sold garbage in the first place.

It could even go further than that and the seller they bought from could have been ripped off as well. I am just saying don't be so quick to throw blame without first asking questions.

I would start by looking at the container and make sure it says 100% PETG. Then look at the advertising of what you bought. Again is it 100% PETG? If both answers are yes then it is up to the guys to see what happened and why they go a blend rather than 100%.

Also there is still the possibility that your temps are being reported wrong and you ran the extrusion to hot and the PETG started off gassing at which point it will smell bad.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

tonycstech wrote:

i dont make accusations, i posted what i experienced and how horrible it was.
If someone says "no smell" and i smelled something so bad i had to throw it away, i question what i have received.

I had same problem with wellzoom extruder on amazon.
Every buyer told me they received it with a ONE PIECE shell but i received unit which shell is composed of 2 halfs.
It was very reasonable to question authenticity of the product i received.

You absolutely did make an accusation, ending in "shame on you guys".

The only clear, hard plastic pellets we sell, or even have on site, are PETG. So you received PETG.

And we buy it by the box of 1300lbs. The odds that you received a bad couple of pounds, but the other ~1295lbs are good, with no one reporting smell, is impossible. So it can't be a case of a bad batch.

Much more probable explanations:

- The PETG mixed with some other substance in your extruder, resulting in a smell
- The PETG was run at a temperature that caused a smell
- You are able to smell things that other people cannot

All 3 things elmoret mentioned are things that really happen too.  I had a uniquely bad smelling PC/ABS that was pitch black, and I ran clear through afterwards, there was no noticeable visual hint that any of the PC/ABS had been left in the barrel yet the filament would take on that smell.  On number 2 I used to buy Makergeeks when they would have the deep deep sales that brought a spool down to lower than the raw pellet cost - I don't know what kind of base PLA they used but they would recommend running it as high as 230-240C, even PLA can smell when you run it hotter than normal.  On number 3 - just look at the effects of asparagus - apparently some people think it smells horrible (40% according to one study), other's can't smell it at all (60%) thanks to genetics.

the color  looks very consistent! awesome!

Im stuck on the same extrusion issues, I am stalling with way too much amp draw. Is the solution really to drill it out?