Topic: Printit Heat Bed

I'm wondering if anyone has gone through upgrading their heated print bed to the Printit bed? http://www.printitindustries.com/produc … -8-heatbed

I recently upgraded my Solidoodle 4 with a E3D v6 from Printit, and it's working great. I'm getting some inconsistent heat, and it is taking longer and longer to heat up. If I can get my heat bed to heat anywhere close to 3min that would be amazing.

Looking at the pictures it looks like install would be pretty easy. Just wondering if anyone has done a writeup already?

Re: Printit Heat Bed

User heartless did a write up in this section.

http://www.soliforum.com/topic/14829/pr … ll-on-sd4/

yup, i did it on my #1 SD4, and I can heat to 100C in roughly 10mins (used to take closer to 25mins) but I also have a lot more thermal mass to heat than a stock bed has... much thicker aluminum plate.
I liked it so much that I bought a 2nd one to put on my #2 SD4 which still has the stock aluminum bed in place, but haven't had a chance to install it yet.

did you update the thermistor table in the firmware? that is a required step as it uses a different thermistor than the stock heater does. While the tables are fairly close, it will make a difference in accuracy.
Also, bed PID tuning will help smooth out temp variations

and last, but not least, if you are still using the stock power supply, there may be a voltage issue...

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

heartless wrote:

yup, i did it on my #1 SD4, and I can heat to 100C in roughly 10mins (used to take closer to 25mins) but I also have a lot more thermal mass to heat than a stock bed has... much thicker aluminum plate.
I liked it so much that I bought a 2nd one to put on my #2 SD4 which still has the stock aluminum bed in place, but haven't had a chance to install it yet.

did you update the thermistor table in the firmware? that is a required step as it uses a different thermistor than the stock heater does. While the tables are fairly close, it will make a difference in accuracy.
Also, bed PID tuning will help smooth out temp variations

and last, but not least, if you are still using the stock power supply, there may be a voltage issue...

I just ordered mine yesterday after reading your post. I will be updating the firmware, and PID tuning as soon as I get it installed. I upgraded my power supply when I upgraded my extruder. Thanks a ton for all of the help. I will post on your original thread with updates.