Topic: 02/28/2013 Solidoodle anounces first press conference

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/50869467#.USzdhTCUSzd

su[pposed to be industry shakign news which means i'm guessint they are announceing a new sd4 with a 12 X 12 X 12 build area

Re: 02/28/2013 Solidoodle anounces first press conference

I am waiting for the solidoodle that has a self leveling bed smile

Something that I think would be achievable is a leveling script that can run and then tell you "Turn the front left thumbwheel 6 notches to the right".  That would be close enough to self leveling for me.

Do you find you go out of level often?  Mine stays pretty good unless I mess with something.

I once smacked mine with a hammer and it was still level afterwords. Stubborn sticky print tongue

I only have to relevel after messing with the hotend but that's to be expected I guess.

Brad wrote:

I once smacked mine with a hammer and it was still level afterwords. Stubborn sticky print tongue

That pony didn't want to let go..   haha.

Hows the copter stuff going?

So seeing as though this press conference is now over, does anyone know what it actually was?

For some reason it's a secret still.  I thought a press conference was supposed to be for giving out information. 

http://www.soliforum.com/post/14470/#p14470

Maybe it's something only the press would be interested in smile

From Paul Posner on Solidoodle's Facebook page, who showed some of his work -

SoliDoodle announced partnerships with a Brazilian group and a Russian group, to open STORES in those countries, marking the first 3-D Printer-related retail outlets outside of the U.S.

Sam spoke about some steps they are taking to increase their production, now that they have gotten their product and manufacturing refined. He also talked about some strategic alliances with some school districts, colleges, and libraries that will have or currently do have SoliDoodles in use.

Coolest of all, he revealed that SoliDoodle is working with a group that is planning to use their 3-D printers on MARS! They are currently testing SD's in the harsh desert conditions that they are testing the other necessary components for a Mars mission. --Which is a great idea! why carry all these tools and gadgets when you can print the on-site?

They also announced a SoliForum gathering on 3/14, which I am looking forward to participating in as well.

I enjoyed the opportunity, as an avid SD'er, to share my experiences with their product and service, as well as thanking Sam and Co. for providing me a great tool with which I have been able to greatly advance the state of my project.

They're a great bunch indeed.

Thanks Ian,

Sounds great for those who live in the US, Brazil, Russia or Mars!

Thanks Ian, I'm still confused why they would announce it to the press and not want us to know.

Probably wanted to give the press a chance to post their own articles first.

no 12" no care

EFFalcon wrote:

no 12" no care

Size isn't everything

cmetzel wrote:
Brad wrote:

That pony didn't want to let go..   haha.

Hows the copter stuff going?

Haha, yep tongue

Copter stuff is going really well, doing my first tradeshow this weekend!

They are currently testing SD's in the harsh desert conditions that they are testing the other necessary components for a Mars mission.

Does sand clog nozzles?

They also announced a SoliForum gathering on 3/14, which I am looking forward to participating in as well.

would like to hear more about this

SD2 with E3D, SD Press, Form 1+
Filastruder
NYLON (taulman): http://www.soliforum.com/topic/466/nylon/

DePartedPrinter wrote:

They are currently testing SD's in the harsh desert conditions that they are testing the other necessary components for a Mars mission.

Does sand clog nozzles?

would like to hear more about this

Aherm. I can't announce things ahead of the PR department. This is why y'all weren't informed before hand. As for the "soliforum" announcement. That was made by our PR guys. They didn't realize that the name had been used already... but of course people will be able to come out ^_^

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.

20 (edited by DePartedPrinter 2013-03-11 05:03:18)

solidoodlesupport wrote:

As for the "soliforum" announcement. That was made by our PR guys. They didn't realize that the name had been used already...

http://www.soliforum.com/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=1422&download=0

I think its time to hire some new PR people...

Post's attachments

image.jpg
image.jpg 17.9 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Filastruder

Just because the Hyperbole setting on the PR machine goes up to 11, doesn't mean you should use it.  They should dial it back to at least a 7.  Something like "Enthusiastic 3D printing startup hopes to change the world by making 3d Printers accessible to everyone, takes significant step toward that goal with international distribution" rather than "The most significant force in home 3D printing makes the historic transformation into global 3D printing superpower!  All your build platforms are belong to us!"

^well said

Filastruder