x max open
x moves other direction them makes a slight pop and whistling sound
y min triggered
y max open
y moves other direction them makes a slight pop and whistling sound

no jumpers
x/y both min/max triggered no movement

Re: Ramps 1.4 with LCD and SD support

hold up. are X+ and Y+ actually working? reading triggered when pressed, reading open when not?

78 (edited by sandcub1971 2015-12-07 20:24:02)

yes if I leave them hooked up and press the switch they read.
if I disconnect them and install jumpers as you said this is what I come up with:
are the just set backward in the firmware?
MIN jumped on x/y

x min open
x max triggered
x moves 1 direction them makes a slight pop and whistling sound
y min open
y max triggered
y moves 1 direction them makes a slight pop and whistling sound

Max jumped on x/y
x min triggered
x max open
x moves other direction them makes a slight pop and whistling sound
y min triggered
y max open
y moves other direction them makes a slight pop and whistling sound

no jumpers
x/y both min/max triggered no movement

Only jump these:
X-
Y-
Z+ (unless this is taken up by a switch, I'm not familiar with auto leveling)

Plug switches into these:
X+
Y+
Z-

I guess I am not understanding that would you have a drawing or would it be possible to call you?or I can try taking a picture of my board and you can edit it to show me?

I didn't realize the time, I have to head to work in about 30 min. Will you be available to continue to help tomorrow?
And thank you for your help so far,
    Don

jagowilson wrote:

hold up. are X+ and Y+ actually working? reading triggered when pressed, reading open when not?

If they are hooked up to the min m119 says min open max triggered if I hit the switch and run m119 min and max are both triggered. Not sure if that helps.

So what are your thoughts on my next step? I do have a question about the endstops. How are they suppose to work. They will be open allowing the motor to move until a motor hits it and stops it. Then for the other direction it should also be open and it will stop a prescribed amount of MM then stop at that point? If so I can try to figure out the combination I need. Also do I need to work with changing the endstop in the firmware to state open when the switch is not activated? I assume the motors should be moving toward the X and Y axis endstops and also moving toward 0 and when move away from endstop it should be travel toward 200.
Another question I have is the actual steps per movement of the motors. The firmware we are using have a different setup. It states:
DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT   {88,88,2268,138}
where as my original press firmware states: DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT   {80,80,400,96.09355} would this cause the studdering of the stepper motors or non movement at all on the z axis? Ill be in an out all day today so once you respond I will try what you think we should do.
Thanks

I would think that the 2268 could cause the Z to not move.  Such a high number could mean it is trying to do steps too quickly and essentially miss every step.  Try setting it to 400 and see if it works.

2268 should not be too high...see this link:

http://www.soliforum.com/post/51771/#p51771

You can try 400, but your Z movement will be scaled down greater than 5 times...

SD2 - Stock - Enclosure - Heated Bed - Glass Plate - Auto Fire Extinguisher
Ord Bot Hadron - RAMPS 1.4 - Bulldog XL - E3D v6 - 10" x 10" PCB Heated Build w/SSR - Glass Plate
Thanks for All of Your Help!

Sorry.  I just read back and saw that you've suggested 1/16 microsteps setting.  One ting I found is that the same jumper setting is not the same results for all stepper drivers.  So make sure you are looking at the correct table for the driver.
http://3dtek.xyz/blogs/technical-docs/1 … s-tutorial

I would certainly try a lower steps per unit of the z axis anyway.

Z should always be 1/8 if it is a screw drive.. You will not see any difference in 1/16 to 1/32 on the Z since it simply controls the layer height it will have no real impact on precision or print quality.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Thank you I will try that when I'm back around my printer

Ok so heres an update. I have follow all the supplied links you guys offered. Some nice information. But unfortunately, I still do not have a working printer. I manually figured out the steps per unit and with solidoodle saying it should be 400, that means my z stepper is a 1/4 and it had a 2mm z screw. I have not see any other manufacture use a 2mm pitch. So I measured it, it came out to two then I punched in the numbers 200x4=800/2(pitch)= 400. So I removed the two outer jumpers to make it a 1/4 step. I tried the z axis and nothing. I change the firmware to 400, and all it does is light tap/click but doesn't move. I can hook the z axis motor to the x or y driver and it moves fine. I swap the driver from one to the other and z control still doesn't work. As far as the end stops I believe I have them figured out. I used the original firmware to modify the one I am using. I can home y and x, but after they click the switch and home then they are very sporatic moving the other direction. I have to cycle the power to get them to move again. Possible I have a bad component. sad
Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Lots of other thoughts check your PM

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

For those that are following this thread, the solidoodle is a 24 volt system and the ramps is 12 volts. To cure this issue,  I have swapped over to a 12 headed bed, 12 extruder heater, and a 12 volt atx power supply.

Problem solved, thanks to help from Wardjr and Ironman.