1 (edited by michaelosully268 2015-12-22 16:59:10)

Topic: printrboard Rev F firmware trouble

Hi all
I replaced my solidoodle board with the printrboard rev f.
I followed printrbots tutorial
http://help.printrbot.com/Guide/How+to+ … 78?lang=en
and updated to the firmware solidoodle have on their page but when I connect my printer it prompts me to solidoodles page on how to update firmware.
I can move the printer with repetier but its controls are backwards and it hits imaginary endstops. How do I update to the latest firmware for solidoodle using printrboard.

Re: printrboard Rev F firmware trouble

Go the the WIKI and follow the Printerboard instructions.
Use this firmware link
https://github.com/ozadr1an/Solidoodle- … in_v1_beta

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

The download link for "upload BootloaderHID" is not working can you post a link to download it for me thanks.

Ok so I found bootloaderHID. I have just noticed that my printer is coming up as AT90USB128 in devidce manager and it has no com port.

Can you post the link here I will update the WIKI.

No com port, do you have the correct driver installed?

3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL

wardjr wrote:

Can you post the link here I will update the WIKI.

No com port, do you have the correct driver installed?

Here is the updated download link
http://blog.lincomatic.com/wp-content/u … derHID.zip

I updated the drivers and I successfully updated the firmware just after I posted.
I now am in repetier and put in all my old eprom and printer settings but it is behaving very strangely.

The X axis
Moves and stops when its meant to.

The Y axis
Moves ok manually but when you press Y home it moves forward 10mm and it thinks its home. If I keep pressing home it keeps creeping forward 10mm.

The Z axis
I had changed the wires on the z switch to what the printrboard instruction said
It is operating in reverse and moves down 10mm the same as the Y axis.

Any Idea whats going on really puzzled?

Post's attachments

page1.PNG 526.9 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

page2.PNG
page2.PNG 339.06 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Those two endstops think they are triggered, that's why it only moves away from it.  So you either have the logic reversed in the firmware or the switches are not wired correctly.  It could also be a loose connection.  Those should be open when triggered.  I know it seems backwards, but that's just how they are set up.

wardjr wrote:

Those two endstops think they are triggered, that's why it only moves away from it.  So you either have the logic reversed in the firmware or the switches are not wired correctly.  It could also be a loose connection.  Those should be open when triggered.  I know it seems backwards, but that's just how they are set up.

So if I just plug the x and z switches in the reverse way on the printrboard it should work?

Not exactly,  the switch is simply connecting the pins together or not so it doesn't matter which wire is connected to which pin.  I'm pretty sure that board only has 2 pins for each endstop?
You need to verify what your switches are doing when triggered.  Use a continuity tester to see if the switch is open when triggered and closed (continuity) when not triggered.  Or post a picture of your switch as the wires are connected, I may be able to tell you how they are set up.

Their is 3 pins on the board for each endstop but theirs only 2 wires going to the switches on XYZ
I disconnected all the switches and tried moving xyz and it behaves the same.
I then tested the switches with the multimeter and found that X and Y are an open circuit when pressed.
I found that Z is an open circuit when it is not pressed.
I forgot to mention that the 12v power output on the top left of the board is not outputting any power. do I have to enable it somehow?
http://soliforum.com/i/?8y4pHBV.jpg
http://soliforum.com/i/?TQNy7px.jpg
http://soliforum.com/i/?llltGv4.jpg

Researching for you but quick question. Did you change the z switch or its wiring?

Having some connectivity issues on my end.  Looking as though we may just need to switch things in the firmware.  I assume you know how to get to configuration.h?

wardjr wrote:

Having some connectivity issues on my end.  Looking as though we may just need to switch things in the firmware.  I assume you know how to get to configuration.h?

I changed just the wiring position on the z switch and connector to board.

Yes I know how to get to configuration.h

michaelosully268 wrote:
wardjr wrote:

I changed just the wiring position on the z switch and connector to board.

Yes I know how to get to configuration.h

you should not change the wiring in the switch and the board as well, if you do that it puts you right where you were before..

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Ive being doing some research aswell and came across a handy command to display statuses of the switches M119
I tested all the switches and the outcomes I have linked.
The only correct one is X
As for the Y axis it doesnt seem to be registering anything even though it is wired the same as the X-axis.

The Z axis appears to be reversed.
http://soliforum.com/i/?w3FYAWw.png

16 (edited by carl_m1968 2015-11-25 00:02:13)

michaelosully268 wrote:

Ive being doing some research aswell and came across a handy command to display statuses of the switches M119
I tested all the switches and the outcomes I have linked.
The only correct one is X
As for the Y axis it doesnt seem to be registering anything even though it is wired the same as the X-axis.

The Z axis appears to be reversed.
http://soliforum.com/i/?w3FYAWw.png

For the Z axis based on your chart you need to swap ONLY ONE wire on the switch. The switch has three connections and they are actually marked on one side of the switch they are marked COM or C, NO for Normally Open and NC for Normally Closed.

The Normally position is the position the switch is in when not pressed. Leave the wire on the COM position where it is. The other wire based on your chart is on the NC position and needs to be moved to the NO position.

Or if you can just go into your firmware configuration.h tab, find the section similar to this:

// The pullups are needed if you directly connect a mechanical endswitch between the signal and ground pins.
const bool X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.

Then set the Z endstop to the opposite of what it is in your firmware. Note: this example is from MARLIN but should be very similar.

Also if the wire is still in the middle of the Z stop connector on the board it needs to be moved back to the outside pin it was on. All three connections at the board should look the same. Pin 1 wired, Pin 2 not wired, and Pin 3 wired. The changes need to be at the switch or the firmware.

Just an FYI the middle pin is used for optical sensors which some printers use instead of mechanical switches.

The other thing I found on reprap WIKI is the Z pins are different from other revisions.  You might have a look at that endstop section for that board.  Kind of out of time right now, family matters to tend to.
Carl's got your back on this so follow his lead.

I moved the middle wire on the z endstop to the outer like the rest. so now all the endstops are the same(no wire in center).
Both Y and Z remain Triggered no matter if they are pressed or not. So If I invert them in configuration.h I still have the same outcome. I have linked the code for the endstops below.
http://soliforum.com/i/?fUkUF0y.png

Unplug the wire on Y and Z and run the M119 test, could be your switches are bad. You can test the board inputs by moving the known working switch wire to the other two inputs and running the M119 test to confirm they respond. If they still show triggered regardless of switch position then your board is actually bad.

http://www.reprap.org/wiki/Printrboard
Endstop section
Looks like you want pins 1&2 not 1&3
Also want to check that the continuity is functional at the plug end.

21 (edited by carl_m1968 2015-11-25 23:41:01)

wardjr wrote:

http://www.reprap.org/wiki/Printrboard
Endstop section
Looks like you want pins 1&2 not 1&3
Also want to check that the continuity is functional at the plug end.

Ward, not to argue but this is what that page says.

Endstops

Usually, one connects a mechanical microswitch to each of the 3-pin Molex headers X-STOP, Y-STOP, Z-STOP at the bottom of the board. The E-STOP header is reserved for future use, but might be treated as an emergency stop by some firmware.

Connect switches as follows:

Switch NC (Normally Closed contact) No connection (this is +5v out, and not used in this configuration) Switch COMMON contact

Pin 1 is NC, Pin 2 not used, Pin 3 COM.

This board uses pullups which means there is a high on pin 1 until the switch is closed which takes pin 1 to ground and gives you a low.

Actually thanks for arguing I misspoke, typing on the smartphone sucks.
Did you get what the comment near the bottom was saying for z on rev f?

wardjr wrote:

Actually thanks for arguing I misspoke, typing on the smartphone sucks.
Did you get what the comment near the bottom was saying for z on rev f?

Yes I get what they mean, and inductive sensor works like an opto would as far as output is concerned.  You give it a supply volatge based on 5 or 12 depending on your boards jumper config then you get an output from the device of 5 or 12 when it is triggered.

That would not apply in this case however as the OP is using switches as indicated in his photos..

Ive tested all the endstops already and they all work good. I also swapped endstops to different connectors and It seems like the two of the connectors(Y and Z) are triggered no matter what. Could this be a firmware issue or is my board bad.
I also said previously that im not getting any power from my 12v connector for the fans etc.

After looking at every SD printer I have including the Workbench with Printerboard.  None of them are running the z endstop switch wired the way you have it.  I think we need to take this one axis at a time.  Lets start with that z and get it wired up the way the firmware is setup.  As is it's NO and closed when triggered.  It needs to be NC and open when triggered.
I doubt your fan pins are related to any of this. We can address that later.