Re: printrboard Rev F firmware trouble

The z home direction is just a matter of changing the direction in the firmware to the opposite it is now. From -1 to 1 or from 1 to -1.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Thats the problem the firmware that is currently uploaded is the printrbot legaxy .hex file which I cant modify(I think).
I have replied to printrbot support to see if I can get a modified firmware from them but chances are they will say no.

With the solidoodle firmware the endstops are not working properly due to some sort of imcompatibility or bug but I have no idea how I would alter it.

michaelosully268 wrote:

Thats the problem the firmware that is currently uploaded is the printrbot legaxy .hex file which I cant modify(I think).
I have replied to printrbot support to see if I can get a modified firmware from them but chances are they will say no.

With the solidoodle firmware the endstops are not working properly due to some sort of imcompatibility or bug but I have no idea how I would alter it.

You start by only working with one at a time. Get one working and xhances are those settings will work for all. There are only like three or maybe four settings that affect endstops and they are all in the same area of the firmware.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Ok so printrbot provided me with a link for the firmware.
The first thing I noticed was that in the defining motherboard part they defined the rev f as 84 and rev a to e as 81.
http://soliforum.com/i/?EXQTqZd.png
So the problems I am having with the solidoodle firmware are probably linked to that but when I upload the solidoodle firmware with the motherboard defined as 84 I cant move anything or none of the temperatures are shown.

Ok so good news
By changing the values of the pins in pins.h to the values I got from the printrbot software I managed to get all the endstops working the way they should.
I now need to attatch the heaters and fans etc and hopefully I wont run into any other issues.

I will post a guide next week when I get a chance on how to get the rev f version working provided I dont run into any issues.
Thanks for the help and support everyone.

Looking forward to seeing the write up.  This one has been challenging to say the least.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

I have gotten around to posting the guide to make the board work
http://www.soliforum.com/post/112227/#p112227