Topic: y axis belt slop on the rear smaller belt

Trying to dial in my press and facing an issue where y axis was having a lot of slack on both the smaller belt on the rear, and the two longer belt on each side. I added tension clips to the longer belt, and as per solidoodle instruction pushed up the y motor as far up as possible (which in doing so may have bent the shaft a bit, but more on that later). I am still seeing some slop on the smaller belt especially when it changes direction.

result of that is on some movements the y axis moves less than expected due to the backlash and the infill doesnt meet the walls.

I am not sure if this is caused by the belt slop or the fact that the servo shaft seems to be slightly bent from my over eagerness to lift it up as tight as possible, and there is slight wobble on the gear that can be seen.

so my question is,

1 is there anyway to tighten the y belt more if the motor is already pushed as high as possible,
and

2, how the heck do you take the y motor out if i wanted to replace it? it's blocked in by a aluminum block thing and the gear seems to not want to come off the shaft regardless, do i have to disassemble the entire machine by lifting out the main carriage from the plastic shell? is there some photos of how that might be done?

Post's attachments

IMAG0049.jpg
IMAG0049.jpg 883.47 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: y axis belt slop on the rear smaller belt

I had the same problem, and mine was also combined with circles not being round, so came up with a pressure roller fix.  No more problems since.

Check it out here:

http://www.soliforum.com/topic/8357/y-s … belt-slop/

To print or, 3D print, that is the question...
SD3 printer w/too many mods,  Printrbot Simple Maker Ed.,  FormLabs Form 1+
AnyCubic Photon, Shining 3D EinScan-S & Atlas 3D scanners...
...and too much time on my hands.