Re: Question about the Solidoodle company

PayPal will deal with Solidoodle. Pretty sure PayPal actually has a huge problem with buckling to users over merchants anyway.

jagowilson wrote:

PayPal will deal with Solidoodle. Pretty sure PayPal actually has a huge problem with buckling to users over merchants anyway.

If you guys paid using Paypal for a printer you may want to check your dates as this is their policy.

Examples of transactions not covered:

Real estate
    Motorized vehicles
    Custom-made goods that aren’t received
    Industrial machinery
    Prepaid cards
    Items that violate our policies
    Anything bought in person (not over the internet)
    Send Money transactions to friends or family
    Disputes filed more than 180 days after the purchase for item not received and significantly not as described claims
    Unauthorized transaction claims reported more than 60 days after the transaction date of the transaction
    Items that were described accurately by the seller

You only have 180 days to make a claim or they will not refund you. It also could be argued that a 3d printer falls under item 4 which would be Industrial Machinery and is not covered either..

Paypal will do refunds but they are not in the business of handing out money so there are hoops that one needs to jump through to get money back and they are very stringent on their rules.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

heartless wrote:

Solidoodle has a good basic design - but just a few tweaks make it a great machine.

@ ruthlessfx - there are a ton of resources for finding replacement motors, cables, belts and other items for 3d printers - Google is your friend, as are the knowledgeable folks here.

About the only things that may not be so easily available are the plastic carriage parts, and even then, there are usually those that can, or have, reverse engineered those items and created new/better parts that can be printed out and used instead.

Part of the beauty of an open-source printer!

Im really surprised that this hasn't hit 3d printer news sites or anything.  Its very crazy they have been radio silent for months.

Second that, they need to release their parts files if they are going to shut down communications. I have a defective Workbench and they were talking to me for a while then BAM, nothing. If I got screwed at least throw me a life preserver and let me fit the broken machine with the parts files. I can use 3D hubs to get the parts printed until my machine is up and running.

x1320x wrote:

Second that, they need to release their parts files if they are going to shut down communications. I have a defective Workbench and they were talking to me for a while then BAM, nothing. If I got screwed at least throw me a life preserver and let me fit the broken machine with the parts files. I can use 3D hubs to get the parts printed until my machine is up and running.

What parts do you need?

FuseBox 1.5 CoreXY - e3dv6 - Graphic Smart Display
Solidoodle 2 - e3dv6 - Hobb Goblin - e3d Titan - lawsy carriages - Direct Drive Y Axis - T8 Z axis - OctoPi

Honestly I don't know. Something isn't right in my setup. I've adjusted EVERYTHING, following every guide and tips, but my Y-axis just skips from time to time. Either something isn't true, over constrained, or there is a bad part or bent frame. While adjusting belts, rods, and tension did help the machine to print, which it didn't out of the box, it is far from where it needs to be. I'm very frustrated and I've sort of given up trying to figure it out. sad

x1320x wrote:

Honestly I don't know. Something isn't right in my setup. I've adjusted EVERYTHING, following every guide and tips, but my Y-axis just skips from time to time. Either something isn't true, over constrained, or there is a bad part or bent frame. While adjusting belts, rods, and tension did help the machine to print, which it didn't out of the box, it is far from where it needs to be. I'm very frustrated and I've sort of given up trying to figure it out. sad

Does it skip in the same direction every time? Have you tried adjusting the voltage for the stepper? If you want to get some more in depth help, start a new thread that way in case someone has a similar problem, it'll be easy to find. There aren't a lot of us Workbench owners, and even less posting about it, it seems.

FuseBox 1.5 CoreXY - e3dv6 - Graphic Smart Display
Solidoodle 2 - e3dv6 - Hobb Goblin - e3d Titan - lawsy carriages - Direct Drive Y Axis - T8 Z axis - OctoPi

widespreaddeadhead wrote:

... There aren't a lot of us Workbench owners, and even less posting about it, it seems.

Don't be discouraged, Solidoodle printers are all essentially the same, except for the Press.

OK, I'll try one more time to fix it. I'll start a new thread, thanks.

I just received answer to mail from them. They are shortstaffed, but they will hire a new guy who willl start answer problems. There is hope!

Fat kids are harder to kidnap!

Getting annoyed with solidoodle tbh, ive contacted them several times sometimes id actually get an email back a day later with a response saying they'd look into it and get back to me but nothing ever happens, ive even been in conversations with the twitter account and they say that i will be contacted by email shortly but i never get contacted its like an endless loop. All i want is a new extruder. Plus with shipping to california it says its almost $60 and when ive ordered parts before it was only $15 i dont know why they are charging so much now. i thought t first it was because the extruder is a little more expensive than build plates but when i checked the price of shipping on them as well its the same price and also the same out of stock message.

drich1996 wrote:

Getting annoyed with solidoodle tbh, ive contacted them several times sometimes id actually get an email back a day later with a response saying they'd look into it and get back to me but nothing ever happens, ive even been in conversations with the twitter account and they say that i will be contacted by email shortly but i never get contacted its like an endless loop. All i want is a new extruder. Plus with shipping to california it says its almost $60 and when ive ordered parts before it was only $15 i dont know why they are charging so much now. i thought t first it was because the extruder is a little more expensive than build plates but when i checked the price of shipping on them as well its the same price and also the same out of stock message.

You don't actually want a new solidoodle extruder.  They are very poor quality and overpriced compared to what you could build on your own with help from people o this forum.  You should make a new thread (with pictures) asking about your options.

SD4 w/ RUMBA, E3D Volcano, all bearings, glass bed

Buy the E3D from elmoret here if you need a new extruder.

x1320x wrote:

I was having a similar problem. I adjusted everything, several times, but couldn't get it to work. For some reason, the left gear wobbles on the y-drive smooth rod more than it should. I could not figure out why. However, to compensate and get it working properly, I had to adjust the tension screws so that the gear is not quite perpendicular to the frame.  This way the belt lines up with the gear that is wobbling. I probably have something bent, like frame or rods, but for now it is working. Hope this helps.

Solidoodle 4-Mostly stock running off headless Raspberry Pi with Octoprint

hey so did they already discontinue the workbench? its off the website now?

If they did that would be unfortunate.  It's the only solid model they have a chance of really selling.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

Looks like they're still deleting posts from their Facebook page. Really sad to see.

94 (edited by Morganism 2015-12-03 17:52:24)

My guess is that they are effectively out of business. They are selling off the inventory they have left. Once it is gone, it will be gone forever. Workbenches apparently went first. However, I imagine when the others sell out they will be removed too.

EDIT-P.S.-The Press 2 at $399 looks very tempting.

Solidoodle 4-Mostly stock running off headless Raspberry Pi with Octoprint

Morganism wrote:

My guess is that they are effectively out of business. They are selling off the inventory they have left. Once it is gone, it will be gone forever. Workbenches apparently went first. However, I imagine when the others sell out they will be removed too.

...told ya....

brought to you by the good folks in China

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

n2ri wrote:

Solidoodle stuff may have been assembled in the USA, but every component, except the 3D printed parts, were made in China.

drich1996 wrote:

I find it hilarious that you can still purchase SoliCare though

Solidoodle Workbench Apprentice
M5 replacement z-axis rod, PEI bed

chancrescolex wrote:
drich1996 wrote:

I find it hilarious that you can still purchase SoliCare though

service contracts dont help much for customers.

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

KWICK wrote:
n2ri wrote:

Solidoodle stuff may have been assembled in the USA, but every component, except the 3D printed parts, were made in China.

yes but when they contracted Chine to make the Press, they signed Solidoodle and the design over to China basicly soon as original order was filled. all dies, design rights etc stay with China. so all funds spent on it are just gone and no more privacy laws to prevent China from cloning/selling that item for less as they did. that has happened to 100s of other campanies over the years. greed will kill a companies future faster than falling sales when you follow suit with competition that way.

if they would have stayed with their NY manufactured products this would have never happened, and Solidoodle would be the top consumer 3D printer USA manufacturer with best tech support too. there are many making plastic 3D printers like the Press already and doing better than Solidoodle done.