Re: Fuse for 12 volt extruder

carl_m1968 wrote:

The resistor is a zero ohm resistor. Just need to order one of that value and same physical size.

Thanks! I suppose I could use a "normal" sized  zero ohm (non-SM) and replace it with that as well, correct? Since it is essentially a jumper?

It's not a jumper. It is a zero ohm resistor. The difference is it blows at a certain current as well where a jumper may not blow at that same current. All you need to do is measure it with calipers then go to Mouser.com and order one. If you wanted to go the fuse route you would need to know the wattage of the hotend and then do the math to determine the resistance and then the current draw.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

So here is another question. I was looking at the component (see image) and R271, from what I can see is marked with a "T". In my looking to see what that means, from what I can find, it is a fuse, not a zero Ohm resistor.

All the other 0 Ohm resistors on the board are marked with 000.

Sorry for all the newb questions, want to make sure I get it fixed correctly smile

http://soliforum.com/i/?UCnKi1X.jpg

jgoldsack wrote:

So here is another question. I was looking at the component (see image) and R271, from what I can see is marked with a "T". In my looking to see what that means, from what I can find, it is a fuse, not a zero Ohm resistor.

All the other 0 Ohm resistors on the board are marked with 000.

Sorry for all the newb questions, want to make sure I get it fixed correctly smile

http://soliforum.com/i/?UCnKi1X.jpg

Hey.

You're correct in that those small components are in fact, surface mounted fuses.
The marking of "T"; and from what I gathered so far, means that they're 5A rated 0603-Sized SMD fuses.

Closest fuses that match these may most likely be from Littelfuse (438 Series)

They're likely littelfuse's based on the fact that the DaVinci's hotend heater is rated at 12V 40W (3.333A) and the size/marking/color scheme is the same.

If you ever intend on replacing them with other surface mount fuses, make sure you find similar specced fast blow SMD fuses.
Or just simply replace it with an inline fuse holder, etc.
Stay safe!

As a sidenote:
There's a few kooky revisions XYZ did to their daVinci motherboards. (besides the different features between the variants)
The AIO's have that array of 0 ohm resistors near the hotbed's connection, where as the 1.0, 1.0a's, and 2.0's don't. People have different fuse setups.

I bought a broken 2.0a in january.  I replaced the blown r271 fuse with https://www.digikey.com/products/en?key … 10071ct-nd and went through the wiring to rule out a hard short.  Its been working like a champ ever since.  I would suggest buying more than one.  The first one I tried to get out of the tape reel went flying, never to be seen again.

Hello And where and how to replace the fuse here? when the heater and laser do not work. Da vinci pro 3 in 1. Thank you very much for your reply.http://soliforum.com/i/?gInFoeN.jpg

57 (edited by sonnaps 2019-12-05 05:41:01)

I've been reading through so many posts trying to solve my own issue, but can't seem to find a definitive answer. For the da Vinci Duo 2.0A specifically, is there a separate fuse besides R271 for the second extruder (right side)?

I initially blew my right extruder with the brass brush. I lazily just switched to the left extruder from then on until one day when that one blew as well (for no obvious reason though, no brass brush involved). I went ahead and bridged R271 and added an inline fuse and that repaired the left extruder.

I had read somewhere that R272 was for the right extruder but that fuse actually tests fine so I don't want to try to solder that for no reason. It has continuity across it. Also, while I was testing for continuity, R271 seems to be connected to R272 anyway. Is that normal? Can anyone check theirs if it's not too much trouble?

Does anyone know what fuse number is really used for the right extruder? Is it actually R272?

All I know is I don't have 12v coming out of the right extruder's connection on the board when I have the extruder attempting to heat up. I measured right on the board. The wiring itself, connectors, thermistor, etc. all seem to be in working order otherwise. Just no power coming out of the board for that right extruder.

I added a pic of my board. You can see my burnt up repair on R271. It's not pretty but it did work.

http://soliforum.com/i/?3ds5XZL.jpg

Post's attachments

20190510_182428.jpg
20190510_182428.jpg 3.43 mb, 1 downloads since 2019-12-05 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.