Re: Sintron Delta Build - Buyer Beware!

ToolUser wrote:

Finally got the endstops to work, the towers are XYZ counting from the front left and  going anti-clock around the base. Then the motors are in logical connection sequence of XYZ as per the pin connectors on the RAMPS 1.4 BUT the endstops connect in sequence of XZY onto their pins, the yellow wire is on the signal (S) line, the black is on the common line and red is on the bottom + line (Sintron told me early on that I only need to connect 2 wires as the yellow was not required! ).

Now the problem is calibration, have set the Z height in Marlin, set up the XYZ and Home buttons in Pronterface, all good so far. Changed the build dimensions and offsets in Pronterface so now I can see my print job right in the middle of the hot bed graphic in Pronterface so assumed all would be go. No.

Bed and Extruder hotend warmup well, hit the print tab and the hotend shoots out the side of the bed as far as it can go then tries to crash through the hot bed. Not good!

I have tried every offset, distance, height in Marlin and Pronterface and still get the same result. Is there an EEPROM somewhere to change or is something else going on here? All good advise appreciated.

In your firmware there is an option to enable a virtual EEPROM. If that si enabled then what ever settings you originally booted with will be stored in it and no matter what changes you make in the firmware they will be ignored and the settings in the EEPROM will be used. You need to make sure the EEPROM option is disabled until you get all your settings and tweaks right. Then you can enable it so that those correct settings get stored at the next power cycle. The settings below are what you are looking for..

// EEPROM
// The microcontroller can store settings in the EEPROM, e.g. max velocity...
// M500 - stores parameters in EEPROM
// M501 - reads parameters from EEPROM (if you need reset them after you changed them temporarily).
// M502 - reverts to the default "factory settings".  You still need to store them in EEPROM afterwards if you want to.
//define this to enable EEPROM support
//#define EEPROM_SETTINGS
//to disable EEPROM Serial responses and decrease program space by ~1700 byte: comment this out:
// please keep turned on if you can.
//#define EEPROM_CHITCHAT

This is near the bottom of the configuration.h tab just before you get to the LCD options and should look like the above to be disabled. Once you get your settings right and confirmed it can be enabled and should look like this below.

// EEPROM
// The microcontroller can store settings in the EEPROM, e.g. max velocity...
// M500 - stores parameters in EEPROM
// M501 - reads parameters from EEPROM (if you need reset them after you changed them temporarily).
// M502 - reverts to the default "factory settings".  You still need to store them in EEPROM afterwards if you want to.
//define this to enable EEPROM support
#define EEPROM_SETTINGS
//to disable EEPROM Serial responses and decrease program space by ~1700 byte: comment this out:
// please keep turned on if you can.
/#define EEPROM_CHITCHAT

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Thanks for the info Carl_M1968, Why don't they tell us this stuff?? I will have another look at it tomorrow.

I finally have the Sintron Delta working, could not get it to run under Pronterface but found that Repetier works really well with Marlin Firmware. had to change the power unit as the table seemed to take forever to get hot, so got a 400 watt power supply which should have made a difference.  I can get enough heat for PLA but not ABS, with ABS the extruder and heated bed get up to 240 and 105 degrees respectively but over time the bed temperature drops to 90 deg and the printed parts fall off. Are there settings in firmware that can be tweaked (PID, PWM)? have checked settings in Marlin and no problems there for PLA and ABS settings, is it the heated bed?  Any good advice out there?

ToolUser wrote:

I finally have the Sintron Delta working, could not get it to run under Pronterface but found that Repetier works really well with Marlin Firmware. had to change the power unit as the table seemed to take forever to get hot, so got a 400 watt power supply which should have made a difference.  I can get enough heat for PLA but not ABS, with ABS the extruder and heated bed get up to 240 and 105 degrees respectively but over time the bed temperature drops to 90 deg and the printed parts fall off. Are there settings in firmware that can be tweaked (PID, PWM)? have checked settings in Marlin and no problems there for PLA and ABS settings, is it the heated bed?  Any good advice out there?

Thats only 33 amps and most likely a Chinese supply that cant really do its tated output at full load. I used a 75 amp converted server supply on mine like the use to run radio controlled car battery chargers. This gives me ample power to even add an overhead 3 watt LED spotlight.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

55 (edited by rcjones1369 2017-05-07 01:48:06)

Hello.
I hope it is okay to ask a question here.
I bought the Extruded Aluminum and the Plastic Pieces and then I saw this Post.
The Traxxas Push Rods look like a better fit.
So, what is the hole to hole dimension of the Push Rods for the Sintron Kit so I could make some better ones.
I plan to go the Kossel mini route, but want to use the wheels till I get the linear bearings.
What are POM wheel sizes? Sintron wants to sell wheels and extra sliders. They say the wheels are 6 x 22.5 x 7 mm, if I remember correctly.

Thanks for any help.

I guess I will make the Kossel run.
Thanks.

Sorry, but I have been very busy with craft shows the last couple of days...

the wheels were the best part of the Sintron kit, and I did re-use them on a different kit build as they were better than what that kit had.
I am not sure what the push rod dimensions are and I no longer have those parts to measure them, sorry. This thread is over a year old, so please keep that in mind... the unused parts from the Sintron were "disposed" of long ago. I only kept a few things from that kit - the wheels, the motors and the heatbed, everything else is gone

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1