Re: Printing Atlas 3D

OK NEW ISSUE;

I am nearing final prints and when printing the Right_Laser_arm using 0.3mm layers at about layer 40 when starting to print the 2 mounting holes the entire layer printing shifts towards back of printer by about 0.3mm then prints 3 layers and shifts towards rear of printer again by another 0.3mm and finishes print with an offset on the last 3rd of print by 0.3mm.

1st time it happened I was not watching so I assumed it snagged filament or something and reprinted watching each layer and steadying Gcode under magnification to make sure it was not flawed. the Left laser arm and all other prints had no such issue. well the same shift happened at same points 2nd time with no sign of why. its as if the Gcode was read wrong only there. but still no such error seen in Gcode. and I can not figure how to read info in lines of Gcode to see if its got this error embedded in it. but looking in the graphic of Gcode in Repeteir host it shows perfect print.

any ideas of similar experiences on this occurring?

I only have like 5 parts left to print. I may be able to belt sand this to use it but its gonna be thin in places.

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

cant upload Gcode nor zip, nor anything but pics. how do others do it?

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

78 (edited by n2ri 2016-01-21 07:09:33)

just compared the 2 prints and the 2nd one shifted 1st time 3 layers after 1st print did. found nothing loose or that can move like that on my printer anyplace including bed, extruder, nozzle, belts, motors, carriges, shafts..... its like in recieved a bad command  or something with exact wrong alignment cords twice at about that point. I am going to try the Laser holder and see if it does it as its tall enough too but less time

well scratch that my extruder heater just fryed again. 3rd cheapo. I need a drink. later

after double checking extruder heater I found the cheap wire connector Solidoodle used on it melted togeter due to poor connection b4 loosing contact. so now I need a better solution for connecting these wires. I think 1 have a couple medium screw down terminal wirenut looking bakelite covered things unless anyone has a better idea?

http://soliforum.com/i/?kR7iPcQ.jpg

heater was good. SD connector failed/melted replaced with better ones. right laser holder did not do layer shift so must be Gcode for right laser arm. resliced and will print another after finished with rest of parts.

82 (edited by n2ri 2016-01-25 08:10:11)

I think there is a problem with the part for mounting the Pi B to tower rpi case B upper, the 2 long hollow tubes for mounting to Pi are not hollow through flat base so how do we get a nut in there to screw to? no self tapping screws in hardware even if that was the idea (3D printed ABS tends to split loose when doing this anyway)

Is it possible that all your problems are from your 3d printer and whatever slicing software you're using?

evanalmighty wrote:

Is it possible that all your problems are from your 3d printer and whatever slicing software you're using?

not this one. it shows in the STL in Netfab also

other than this issue I have printed all parts but turntable so far

still gotta find problem with why the right laser arm done layer shift around layer 40 2x with perfect sliced gcode. may have been due to extruder heater connector failing momentary during print but never saw this b4. I will retry it last.

n2ri wrote:

I think there is a problem with the part for mounting the Pi B to tower rpi case B upper, the 2 long hollow tubes for mounting to Pi are not hollow through flat base so how do we get a nut in there to screw to? no self tapping screws in hardware even if that was the idea (3D printed ABS tends to split loose when doing this anyway)

n2ri,
The lower part screws to the camera tower independently of the upper part.  There is no need for a long screw that goes all the way through the two columns.

- Uriah

hairu526 wrote:
n2ri wrote:

n2ri,
The lower part screws to the camera tower independently of the upper part.  There is no need for a long screw that goes all the way through the two columns.

- Uriah

the Upper mounts to the Tower then the PI b is sandwiched between upper and lower to prevent bare contacts being shorted. but the lower is supposed to screw to the upper through the PI board yet the long tubes on upper are closed at base so no nuts can be inserted in them to screw lower screws into.

n2ri,

Are you still having problems accessing the printables page?  The printable parts have been uploaded to Thingiverse at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1280901.

- Uriah