Topic: 3D Printer Advice

Hey guys, what 3D printer you would suggest for industrial usage? Thanks.

Re: 3D Printer Advice

It really depends on your patience level. There are people who are willing to take the time needed to use open source/DIY printers in a professional setting. The drawback in spending money on personnel to become acquainted with the machines, as opposed to simply buying an office friendly solution from Stratasys or the other AM companies.

That being said, I have had a lot of luck with my Solidoodle 2 pro. It's basically a metal version of the earlier RepRap machines. It took some time to get setup properly, but once it was dialed in it was the best business purchase I've ever made. In fact, I earned back the money I put into it in the first month. It was used extensively to prototype several variations of a (confidential) orthopedic instrument. The resulting prints were even low temp sterilized and used in a surgical setting!

Since then, there have been a glut of other home 3D printers. There are a lot of Chinese knockoffs of successful printers too.

If you are looking for ease of use and low cost, the "Cube" printers from 3D Systems look promising. I haven't used them, so perhaps someone else can confirm. The only hitch is that their filament uses a special cartridge that discourages the use of any brand of filament. On the older Cube machines people found a way to work around it, but I'm not sure if anyone has managed to do that with the new ones.

Guess it depends on how indusrial you need the two brands of actual industrial  machines are 3d systems and statasys.  20 -80 k machines.  But you may  be ok with a high end consumer prosumer model  like airwolf , Ultimaker 2  or a Flashforge  of course there is Makerbot.
Tin

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

4 (edited by Fredjikrang 2015-02-27 06:25:54)

At my work we use a some Flashforges, a couple of Rigidbots, and a Makergear M2. The Makergear gives the best quality, but was harder to set up. The Flashforge printers are workhorses, but they seem to always need another replacement part. The Rigidbot extruders are not great, but we have gotten some good prints from them. I think if the extruder was replaced with a more reliable one, they would be very good printers. As they are right now they jam a lot.

I've taken a liking to delta style printers, and so am considering the Atom 2 or Royee II, as they are some new and fairly high quality printers. I would probably choose the Atom out of these two, in spite of the fairly limited number of supported materials.

This is probably the best guide that I have seen though: https://www.3dhubs.com/best-3d-printer-guide

pauliuuus wrote:

Hey guys, what 3D printer you would suggest for industrial usage? Thanks.

Define industrial usage...

What are you wanting to do?

SD2 with E3D, SD Press, Form 1+
Filastruder
NYLON (taulman): http://www.soliforum.com/topic/466/nylon/

3D printer that can manage up to 50 microns should / can be classified as industial 3D Pritners...I guess ts means which 3d printer have most detail prints right?

www.3dfilamenta.com - Affordable filament

3D printer that can manage up to 50 microns should / can be classified as industial 3D Pritners...I guess ts means which 3d printer have most detail prints right?

www.3dfilamenta.com - Affordable filament

I use an afinia and a lulzbot Taz 4 at work. Both are great machines. The afinia is by far the easiest desktop printer to use for someone without a lot of tech experience. The software is super easy to use. However, the Taz is much more capable....

i would strongly recommend that you check some 3d printer you preferred most and ask the provider about it. you can buy it as per your best needs.

personal3dprinters wrote:

i would strongly recommend that you check some 3d printer you preferred most and ask the provider about it. you can buy it as per your best needs.

Smells like SPAM to me.  If you have something to sell please feel free to post it or info about your site in the Buy/Sell/Trade section.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

oklok wrote:

I think you mean down to 50 microns.. My delta/kossel/rostock I just finished will print .05mm in PLA very well. Does a better job at .05 in PLA than my Da vinci does at .3 ABS.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Hard to say when you just say want a printer for industrial usage. It depends on what you want to print, the printing volume, the type of filament etc.