Re: KISSlicer

Jebus314 wrote:

Any thoughts on suck verses hop? Is there a hop setting KS? I don't think I understand the anchor idea. I have the G1 E7 in my prefix but I do not see what I would think is an anchor on the bed.

That is from the g-code I posted in an older thread. If you search I have a video that shows the whole sequence.

Basically it squirts a big ball in the front left before starting to prime the extruder and remove any strings from the nozzle.

I'm about to have a go at Kisslicer so thanks to everyone that has contributed with settings.

27 (edited by Waseem Tariq 2013-04-11 09:38:06)

@ CrazyBear
In your G-code the only error i note is delete ";" in the beginning of G1 E7; extrude anchor.

CrazyBear wrote:

I have a SD3... Is this ok for the "G-Code Prefix"?

M107
G21; set mm units
G28 ;home all axis
G90; set absolute coordinates
G92 E0; reset extruder distance
M104 S200; set extruder temp and start heating
G1 Z5 F300 ;move platform down 5mm
G1 X195 Y195 F3000 ; move to back right corner
M109 S200; wait for extruder temp to be reached
G1 Z.3000 F200 ;move platform close to nozzle
;G1 E7; extrude anchor
G1 F3000; center print head
G92 E0; reset extrusion distance
G90 ; use absolute coordinates
G21 ; set units to millimeters
G92 E0
M82 ; use absolute distances for extrusion
G1 F4500.000 E-1.00000
G92 E0
G1 Z0.300 F3600.000

Thank you in advance for your time,

CB

the new version 1.1rc3 is up.... and i love it smile
http://kisslicer.com/forum/index.php?topic=489.0

I just wish KISSlicer had the ability to rotate an item.  I'm trying to slice something and KS keeps laying it on its side, giving me a flat spot where I'd rather not have one.

I always use RH to reorient and save as STL before sending it to Kisslicer.

Ah, thank you!  I hadn't thought of trying that.  I'd aligned it in Sketchup and it kept getting rotated on X by 90 degrees when I opened it in KS, so I thought KS was the culprit, even though I had auto-rotate off.  Just tried it using RH then KS and it worked beautifully.

32 (edited by ysb 2013-04-18 00:35:32)

you can change the orientation now with kissclicer 1.1.RC3
right click on the picture of the object (top right corner), now you have 'transforme axes' to change object orientation

ysb wrote:

the new version 1.1rc3 is up.... and i love it smile
http://kisslicer.com/forum/index.php?topic=489.0

where is the DL  on that forum?

SD3, E3D hotend,linear bearing on x/y axis',pillow block bearing on y conneting rod, ball bearngs on front y axis, fan on y stepper motor.

you need to be registered on the forum. After that, a download will appear at the end of the first post of my link

ok thanks, I installed it.I am really not sure how to configure it. After slicing and loading into RH. When I try to run it, the  print head moves like normal but then the filament is extracted right out of the hotend.What am I doing wrong?

SD3, E3D hotend,linear bearing on x/y axis',pillow block bearing on y conneting rod, ball bearngs on front y axis, fan on y stepper motor.

36 (edited by ysb 2013-04-19 12:02:08)

do you look at the start of this thread to see if your configuration is correct ?

37 (edited by nlancaster 2013-04-21 09:21:47)

Well I found this article, and solved a problem I have been having with infill not attaching to perimiters.  Thank you Ian and everyone for pointing me to this program.  I have heard about it but was not sure how to set it up for my SD3. 

I do have one issue.  When the job starts it rams the extruder into the print bed.  I have looked and looked for a setting to have a first layer hieght or something like that that is in slic3r and can't find it.  Possibly it is something in my gcode that I grabbed from Crazybear.

Kisslicer Prefix gcode:

M107
G21; set mm units
G28 ;home all axis
G90; set absolute coordinates
G92 E0; reset extruder distance
M104 S200; set extruder temp and start heating
G1 Z5 F300 ;move platform down 5mm
G1 X195 Y195 F3000 ; move to back right corner
M109 S200; wait for extruder temp to be reached
G1 Z.3000 F200 ;move platform close to nozzle
G1 E7; extrude anchor
G1 F3000; center print head
G92 E0; reset extrusion distance
G90 ; use absolute coordinates
G21 ; set units to millimeters
G92 E0
M82 ; use absolute distances for extrusion
G1 F4500.000 E-1.00000
G92 E0
G1 Z0.300 F3600.000

And Post Fix:

M104 S0
G91
G1 Z5 F1000
M84

Also how would I set it to leave the extruder and bed on?  I use glass plates and swap them quickly while printing, and keep going after the new glass warms up.

Thanks all,

Nick

Use the z-tab screw in the back to adjust bed height.   Screw it down to make the bed stop sooner. M104 S0 is the code at the end that turns off the extruder.  M140 sets bed temperature.

39 (edited by nlancaster 2013-04-21 18:26:58)

Ian, I do not crash into the bed with slic3r generated code. only with kisslicer code.  When I start the kisslicer code it moves in the normal way, as if it was slicercode and homes the hed to a few MM above the bed before starting the print.

Here is a link to the gcode that crashes into the bed. 

http://www.pdxmc.com/uploads/SD3/Spool% … 0bar.gcode

Well I fixed the issue of the extruder crashing into the print bed by commenting out G1 E7; extrude anchor.

But I am back to having a problem I thought was fixed.  I made a few prints with the setting shown in the beginning of this thread and thought I had solved the problem with infil not connected to perimiters.  But then realized my extrusion was more then .42 because I didnt have extrusion "Flow Tweak" set to the same as Slicer to get .42mm wide extrusion.  Once I reset this I am back to detached perimiters again.  Please help.

Here is an example.

http://www.pdxmc.com/uploads/SD3/20130422_210834.jpg

Anyone want to upload their settings files for the latest version?

42 (edited by Kvirre 2013-05-09 22:30:57)

Arcadenut wrote:

Anyone want to upload their settings files for the latest version?

I second that, anyone have their settings to share for the KISSlicer 1.1.0.14

Also, the slicing looks good in KS, but when imported in RH, it's full of holes and also prints this way (totally not working)
Please see attached pic on what it looks like, or is it only me who has this problem.

Post's attachments

imported_gcode.png
imported_gcode.png 198.35 kb, 1 downloads since 2013-05-09 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

KISSlicer doesn't do well with single thread walls.  If you have walls that will be 1 or 2 threads thick, Slic3r will be better.

44 (edited by Kvirre 2013-05-09 23:16:36)

IanJohnson wrote:

KISSlicer doesn't do well with single thread walls.  If you have walls that will be 1 or 2 threads thick, Slic3r will be better.

It's not that i'm affraid.

Take a look at this bear.

Post's attachments

bad_bear.png 1.06 mb, 1 downloads since 2013-05-09 

BrownBear.gcode 2.01 mb, 16 downloads since 2013-05-09 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Bump

SD3 w/ mods:
Glass bed with QU-BD heat pad upgrade, threadless ballscrew w/ 8mm smooth rod, spectra line belt replacement, lawsy MK5 extruder, Lawsy replacement carriage, E3D hotend, Ramps 1.4 w/ reprap discount controller, DRV8825 drivers, 12v 30A PS, Acrylic case, Overkill Y-idlers, Filament alarm, Extruder fan + more.

Can someone sticky this?

SD2 with E3D, SD Press, Form 1+
Filastruder
NYLON (taulman): http://www.soliforum.com/topic/466/nylon/

The final 1.1 is out
Try it to see if your problems are still there..

I am having a huge problem with dstring, suck, and prime.  I can get the settings for suck working great no strings on prints. but then the system doesn't reprime had this problem with my OEM hotend and still with j-head.  If I set suck to less then 3 I get strings, if I set prime to less then 6 I get long areas of none, to thing extruding.  Help!

Sounds like your extruder steps per mm are off. Do the extruder step calibration and retest

50 (edited by nlancaster 2013-06-05 16:00:07)

extruder steps are perfect,  100mm per 100mm extrude, to the limits of my digital caliper and my hands to hold it steady big_smile