Re: Android App for resetting/writing blank ntags

Here is the download Link:  http://www.soliforum.com/post/152205/#p152205

I keep getting serial errors.. only have 2 empty papertags left..
What should i do?

(The printer is connected direct via usb and the pc is in flightmode)

http://soliforum.com/i/?7UM1rgR.png

http://soliforum.com/i/?EpA5Npl.png

Help...

carl_m1968 wrote:
ejones76 wrote:

Is there a list of what firmware work with these tags and what firmware doesnt work? Also does tags programmed with this work in all Da Vinci printers?

Not all of them use tags. The 1.0, the Aoi, and the 2.0 use chips that require an electrical connection.

How about the Mini W and W+. Will these work on one of those printers?

Ok, weirdest of all..  i'm currently printing with the built in w10 printing software and its working!!

430 (edited by rbusfield 2020-04-11 16:34:07)

No Luck!
Mini W, FW 1.27 downgraded with XYZ_Firmware_Flash_Tool 1.60

Looks like all tags have the same UID.  Is this a problem?

After FW up/downgrade, what happens to the 100 stores UIDs? Are they persistent?

I purchased  NTAG213 on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z9 … &psc=1

I have used the NTAG Refill Tool v1.52 with success but my Mini W will not recognize the tag.

Any guidance?

Nice! Thank you

Thank you madman907 !

Works just fine at first try !

- da Vinci miniMaker, firmware 1.2.4
- Google Pixel 3 with NTAG Refill Tool v1.52
- NTAG215 : https://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … 3700985018
- 200m setting
- Random serial setting

Good work !
I was thinking returning this machine after a week because it's hard to find filaments, now I'm happy because it's so simple to use with the kids !

rbusfield wrote:

No Luck!

After FW up/downgrade, what happens to the 100 stores UIDs? Are they persistent?

I have used the NTAG Refill Tool v1.52 with success but my Mini W will not recognize the tag.

Any guidance?

Hello
I have the same problem.
My Mini W, downgraded FW 1.21, paper NTAG213 and NTAG Refill Tool v1.52 with success.
Mini W and XYZPrint 2.01 software not recognize tag. I have 0028 error - tag not recognized.

All my tags  have teh same UID . Is this a problem? Its Where printer or software saves UID ?

rbusfield wrote:

No Luck!

Any guidance?

Hello
I have the same problem.
My Mini W, downgraded FW 1.21, paper NTAG213 and NTAG Refill Tool v1.52 with success.
Mini W and XYZPrint 2.01 software not recognize tag. I have 0028 error - tag not recognized.

All my tags  have te same UID . Is this a problem? Its Where printer or software saves UID ?

People once again, please understand this!

- Changing UID on paper TAGs is not possible (buy EmuTAG or MegicCard)
- It is not possible to reuse the same UID, refilling or changing serial number will throw an error from the printer firmware.
- Creating new parameter (with any mistake) on the blank paper TAG, resulting that the printer mark it as invalid TAG/UID forever.
- Once the TAG is invalid, you have throw it away or exchange with other printer/people/friends....

Hi, after upgrade to latest firmware on mini w did not work nfc tags.
Downgrade didn't help.
Refill tool or Reeltool tag no identify.
I find on google play app NFCXYZRefill Tag Pro (+- 1USD) and first generate tag is ok. I am test only 200m.

Sorry my bad english...

gigantos69 wrote:

I downloaded and unzipped the ntag tool, it said it was saved in emulated storage but I can't find it anywhere, can someone tell me the file path I have to search to find the APK to install it?

Hi m8 it depends on your phone type tbh but android is normally something like
my files , downloads or installation files.
hope it helps

438 (edited by keen 2020-04-18 11:20:20)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3265464 … 2307LxRq9q

bought these, fast delivery to the UK and work great, out of 100 1 tag didnt work correctly.
scanned and generated them all with the original app in this thread on android.
easy to use even for beginers
thanks

@keen Is it possible for you to get a clean URL for the tags you purchased?  the link you posted is not resolving.

Thanks,
Rod

Quick question: 
When buying bulk paper tags (10 +), is it common for all tags to have the same UID? 

Seems I purchased expensive tags on Amazon thinking that they would be unique.

sorry about that yes ive edited the link it seems better now.
from what i know each tag should have a different UID, the tags i got do have anyways  but im sure someone will be able to confirm or not better than me

hello im new here, i have a jr 1.0 and i have a doubt, the new firmwares who suport cura still can use the blank nfc tags? or should I stay in a lower version?

Thank you so much for this, this works EXCEPTIONALLY well. You're the man!

ikosp wrote:

Hi, after upgrade to latest firmware on mini w did not work nfc tags.
Downgrade didn't help.
Refill tool or Reeltool tag no identify.
I find on google play app NFCXYZRefill Tag Pro (+- 1USD) and first generate tag is ok. I am test only 200m.

Sorry my bad english...

hi what ver of the latest firmware are you on?

Hi.
My Davinci Jr. w is on latest 2.4.9 (2020-03-18) firmware.
I have paid google play app "NFCXYZRefill Tag Pro" , "NTAG_Refill_Tool v1.52" and "ReelTool 2.1"
I have unlocked paper NFC213 tags.
Before last firmware update I was using "NFCXYZRefill Tag Pro" and all tags with all settings was printing without error on firmware 2.2.1.
But now I have "unidentified spool" error on my printers screen.
Which app should I use and with which settings. Please be spesific for settings.
Thank you for your help. smile

Davinci Jr. 1.0 w

funny thing.
I'm not used to such things like modern smartphones smile
So i gave the software to  a friend who installed it on his phone
Starts and recognized the Tag (both the original xyz and a blanc paper one)
Looks fine. We can set the material, colour and length, but.... we could not write thta informations.
Funny enough that little  button 'Refill TAG' is missing on the screen
There is just nothing to see down right on the display.
What did we do wrong smile

Looks like i should better solder some wires onto an good old  Arduino wink

regards, Jo

Hello,

Just wanted to say Thank You for the great hack!

My Davinci Jr 1.w uses 2.2.8 Firmware, and I have used 38mm White PVC NFC TAG Sticker NTAG213 Samsung Nokia Sony LG HTC Android (available on ebay as of now for £2.99 for 10).

1. I downloaded the App
2. Followed the instructions to install it outside of Google Play (had the app in my my Google Drive, and installed it from there by enabling Google Drive App to install the app)
3. Started the App and scanned the new NTAG213 sticker
4. Selected the colour of my filament from the drop down menu
5. Saved configuration to the NTAG213 sticker
6. Replaced the Original chip with just created NTAG213 sticker

I have already printed at least 10 bits since the filament replacement, and can confirm all is in perfect working order.

Minimal effort from my side to get it done, so once again HUGE THANKS!!

For those of you have issues using this there is a simple fix. Do NOT select the random serial number or UID option. If you change those it runs the tag and the printer knows and it will block it. Leave those off. Only select material and color. Also. Do NOT chose 300m. For some reason that no longer works. Only use 200m. One more thing is, you can NOT refill a sticker or chip anymore.  They fixed that. Must use a new sticker Everytime you run it down and need more printing.

Good luck have fun.

P.s.
Replace the POS XYZ with something else. I did, but I still have it for just trying to break and doing stupid things on it.... Lol.

so, doing everything right even the newest version should read the tags?  I still have the doubt to update my printer

hi hi,

I am new here.  I was reading the thread and was trying to download the file mentioned here but was not able to ......
  is there any new link to it?

Johcaslow

madman907 wrote:

Thanks to all the information floating around this forum, we are able to reset and create new valid ntag-labels for use in our dongled printers using various ways.
However, I personally felt a little uncomfortable using the famous nfc tools app to manipulate the tags. So I created a little android app that helped me with the process. I noticed some people have trouble going through the steps (which become pretty error-prone when it comes to creating valid tags from blanks), I decided to share it here, hope it helps some people out.
Yes, its not looking nice (not the android/ui guy) but it did the job for me so far, especially for creating new tags.

What's needed?
- An NFC-enabled android phone/tablet with at least Android 4.4 (I guess)
- Cheap blank nfc213 paper tags if you want create new tags.

No soldering or other tinkering required. Start the app, place it on a blank, choose temp/length, push the button, tape the tag to the printers' nfc reader, happy printing.

Here is one of many tutorials out there that guide you through the steps of installing an apk to your phone:
https://www.maketecheasier.com/install- … he-market/

The apps source is also attached (AGPL licensed), so feel free to use and abuse it. Maybe someone can create a fork which is more feature rich and  better looking, I'm lacking time atm.

I'd like to thank all the users sharing information here, especially nilezon for reverse engineering the pass/pack code, which is also used in this app (in a very ugly way :-/).

Screenshots:
http://soliforum.com/i/?wbE5Mt5.jpg
http://soliforum.com/i/?lCJuape.jpg

Have fun!