Re: Android App for resetting/writing blank ntags

Ok, so I was having some trouble so I'm going to type out what I've been doing and someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong
Firmware 2.4.7
I open the app to generate new tag on to the paper NFC213 sticker
I put the sticker onto the spool I using after removing the old NFC chip
Go to spool stats "unidentified spool"

Am I missing something?

Have you used anew tag each time or are you trying the same tag. Once the printer sees a bad tag it remembers it an you cannot use it again. Also make sure you are setting it for 200m.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Thanks a lot for the nfc app.
I just got a 2nd hand da Vinci mini w.
My mini comes with FW 1.3.3 and I am using the latest XYZprint software (just install)
I am using NFC213 paper tags, wrote it to 200m, 190 degree and it works like a charm.

Hi i am using samsung galaxy 9 , when installing program saying parsing error, what to do

A parse error is a message you will sometimes see on your Android phone when an app fails to install.
This error message isn't very specific, and there are a lot of different problems that can cause a parse error.

- Your phone doesn't have permission to install the app.
- The file you're trying to install is corrupt, incomplete, or damaged.
- Your antivirus or security app is preventing installation.
- There's some kind of problem with your phone.

Please check this things and let me know.

Also make sure you have no background apps running. Many people don't have a clue that when you close an app on a phone it is not actually closed but simply moved to background. My mom was complaining her phone had become really slow and was doing weird stuff. She had thirty apps still running in the background because she did not know how to clear them .

Hi there. I just downloaded the app.

Opens and reads my tag. When I reset the tag it shows it's back to 100m from 35m and then when I put it in the printer, it shows spool unidentifiable

Anny help would be much appreciated.

GAMONAX wrote:

Hi there. I just downloaded the app.

Opens and reads my tag. When I reset the tag it shows it's back to 100m from 35m and then when I put it in the printer, it shows spool unidentifiable

Anny help would be much appreciated.

You can't reset a tag once the printer has flagged it as empty. You have to create a new tag. To reset one it has to be done before the printer thinks it is empty. Once it is empty the printer remembers that serial and will not let it be used again.

Thank you for the quick response. Much appreciated

The tag had 35m left to empty.

I did download the NTAG Refill tool.
It tells me the card is locked. And the original 35 meters that was on that card is now saying spool unidentifiable spool
Tried it again with a 200m tag that still had 102 meters left. Also says it's reset to 200 successful but now also unidentifiable.

Perhaps due to the newest firmware version?

GAMONAX wrote:

It tells me the card is locked. And the original 35 meters that was on that card is now saying spool unidentifiable spool
Tried it again with a 200m tag that still had 102 meters left. Also says it's reset to 200 successful but now also unidentifiable.

Post's attachments

Screenshot_20200111_091146_de.modfreakz.ntag_refill_tool.jpg
Screenshot_20200111_091146_de.modfreakz.ntag_refill_tool.jpg 646.08 kb, 1 downloads since 2020-01-11 

Screenshot_20200111_091154_de.modfreakz.ntag_refill_tool.jpg
Screenshot_20200111_091154_de.modfreakz.ntag_refill_tool.jpg 445.93 kb, 1 downloads since 2020-01-11 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

@GAMONAX

I apologize, looks like I have smal bug in the app with original/paper tags.

Give me few days to fix it.

modfreakz wrote:

@GAMONAX

Thank you very much, you are the best!

388 (edited by Zeno_Prints 2020-01-14 22:12:37)

If there are some people floating around that understand this technology, could you answer why we couldn't use the green NFC Filament TAG that comes inside the XYZPrinting filament spools? Is there no way of overwriting what they already have put on them? Either way, I'm currently purchasing some NFC NTAG213 stickers and am excited to see if this all works!

follow up- It all went flawlessly! My Da Vinci Mini doesn't expect anything is wrong and it's using new PLA filaments just fine.
Here are the cheap NFC213 tags I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K6 … &psc=1

Zeno_Prints wrote:

If there are some people floating around that understand this technology, could you answer why we couldn't use the green NFC Filament TAG that comes inside the XYZPrinting filament spools? Is there no way of overwriting what they already have put on them? Either way, I'm currently purchasing some NFC NTAG213 stickers and am excited to see if this all works!

(Edit 1 for proper grammar)

If you mean the spools that are the 1.0, AIO, and Duo. Those are not RFID. They have a three wire serial interface that uses electrical contacts in the spool base and printer housing. Those and the RFID tags can be reset as long as they machine never flags them as empty. If they get flagged they are remembered by the machine and that serial number is never allowed again.

Is it possible to use a 1K or 4K mifare RFID card rather than a ntag213 to generate a new tag?

We use RFID 125Khz, 1K and 4K cards
The 1 and 4 k are both 13.56Mhz but does not seem to want to generate. The app picks it up as a next tag but generate button stays inactive

I have probably 200-300 RFID 1K and 4K cards

Would be handy to use them as the NTAG will need to be imported to use here.

GAMONAX wrote:

Is it possible to use a 1K or 4K mifare RFID card rather than a ntag213 to generate a new tag?

We use RFID 125Khz, 1K and 4K cards
The 1 and 4 k are both 13.56Mhz but does not seem to want to generate. The app picks it up as a next tag but generate button stays inactive

I have probably 200-300 RFID 1K and 4K cards

Would be handy to use them as the NTAG will need to be imported to use here.

No, they must be NTAG213/5/6 cards

392 (edited by Zeno_Prints 2020-01-14 22:12:16)

carl_m1968 wrote:
Zeno_Prints wrote:

If you mean the spools that are the 1.0, AIO, and Duo. Those are not RFID. They have a three wire serial interface that uses electrical contacts in the spool base and printer housing. Those and the RFID tags can be reset as long as they machine never flags them as empty. If they get flagged they are remembered by the machine and that serial number is never allowed again.

No, I mean the spools that come with the Da Vinci Mini. It's the green tag looking chip to the left. they're inside of all of the spools and are easily accessible by unscrewing the screw on the white plastic rings.
http://soliforum.com/i/?cE5HNGe.png

Zeno_Prints wrote:
carl_m1968 wrote:
Zeno_Prints wrote:

No, I mean the spools that come with the Da Vinci Mini. It's the green tag looking chip to the left. they're inside of all of the spools and are easily accessible by unscrewing the screw on the white plastic rings.
http://soliforum.com/i/?cE5HNGe.png

You should be able to reset them as long as the spool has never been flagged as empty. Although those maybe more than just and RFID tag. Otherwise they would have chose to use the cheaper disposable tags as well.

GAMONAX wrote:
GAMONAX wrote:

Similar issue, I have a 100m spool and "reset" it, but the printer says it dose not recognize it as soon as I click on print after it had sliced and prepped it; though it does initially read it as a full 100m spool prior to clicking print. Crossing my fingers your new version is the key. Thanks for all the work!

Using a "Da Vinci mini w+" with a recent install of the XYZprint.

hey, do you think this also works with the NANO?

modfreakz wrote:

@GAMONAX

Hi there.

did you maybe have some time to look at the code?

I`m not trying to rush you. just checking in as i can still not print and to import new tags is a 3 month wait time.

Should i flash my Printer rather?

it is a new 2 month old printer though
regards

Hi ppl, looking for some help here.

I have da. Vinci junior 1.0, fw ver 2.3.4 and have just bought some ntag213 paper tags ,I've tried both ntag refill tool app and the reel app but just says unidentified spool?? What am I doing wrong? Or is it the app?

Is there a definitive guide to using the app correctly ,I've effectively killed 4 tags now haha so any help would be appreciated.

Well dunno what happened but just tried again with the download link in previous page wrote to the tag, 190deg , 200m and it worked!

So does anyone know if you can use the paper tags using the most recent firmware?

400 (edited by wolfiem 2020-01-27 23:38:45)

modfreakz wrote:
A big update and lots of new features!

Working as usual now with EmuTag, MagicCards, original Tags and blank Tags (Paper Tags)

Enjoy the new version!

Hi,

First of all thanks for your work.

I've installed this new version to my Nexus 5 (Android 6.0.1) It looks weird. The app has a transparent background.
Screenshot is attached.

Need your help. Thanks.

https://i.ibb.co/HPnxMvs/app.png