Topic: spare parts for the press ?

i need a new heating cartridge it melted in the end

and cant remove the nozzel for cleaning its clogged hard.

so when will solidoodle release spareparts or can i use diffrent ones?

nozzel heating block heater cartridge needed.

and wire and connector to the extruder motor.

Re: spare parts for the press ?

My heat bed stopped working. It wouldn't go above 45C. As a test, I went to MicroCenter and picked up a thermistor from B3 Innovations made specifically for 3D printers (hxxp://xxx.microcenter.com/product/442733/300C2B0C_Thermistor). It worked just fine. It ended up being the heating element. Although I also bought the Cartridge heater from the same company, I never opened it as Solidoodle has replaced the rubber silicone mat intact with both the thermistor and heating element.

So I don't know if Solidoodle will have any spare parts to sell, but they at least scrounged up a spare part from some other device to get running again.

Now that the bed is working fine, off now to overcome all of the other issues with the Press... Argh!!!

Don

You can't just undo the two finger screws on the front of the radiator block and clean the nozzle that way?

android78 wrote:

You can't just undo the two finger screws on the front of the radiator block and clean the nozzle that way?

Nozzel is cleaned
wire soldered
heater works but for how long.
and how long will the plastic bearing hold. Maybe 6month cassual printing who knows then what trash ?

http://www.filastruder.com/collections/ … -cartridge

24v, 25w is what you want for the Press.

Jumping in, do we have a handle yet on replacement nozzles for the Press? (Just, which ones have the right threading and all that jazz.)

I assume they'll post some spare parts eventually. But yikes! I just took a peek at the parts for other printers. They're selling an 8"x8" patch of Kapton (polyimide) on a square of plastic for $19. Having just bought an 8"x100' roll of polyimide for $20, it seems like quite the markup.

trayracing wrote:

I assume they'll post some spare parts eventually. But yikes! I just took a peek at the parts for other printers. They're selling an 8"x8" patch of Kapton (polyimide) on a square of plastic for $19. Having just bought an 8"x100' roll of polyimide for $20, it seems like quite the markup.

$20 for 100'? Well, done! That's a steal.  Where'd you buy the 8"x100' roll of Kapton/polyamide?

trayracing wrote:

Sometimes Solidoodle is a better deal, I.e. They sell the belts pretty cheap. Usually not though.

RE: Spare nozzles

I took a shot at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PHE … &psc=1

It seems to be almost identical to the stock nozzle on the Press.   I redid the Z-calibration and everything prints just fine with the new nozzle.

scruffybob wrote:

I took a shot at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PHE … &psc=1

It seems to be almost identical to the stock nozzle on the Press.   I redid the Z-calibration and everything prints just fine with the new nozzle.

That's EXACTLY what I was wondering about. Thanks for the heads-up - gonna go ahead and grab some soon.

worldburger wrote:
trayracing wrote:

$20 for 100'? Well, done! That's a steal.  Where'd you buy the 8"x100' roll of Kapton/polyamide?

Ebay. Search for "polyimide 20cm", "kapton 200mm" and the combinations thereof.
(Local geek shop has it for $28/50m. But even then, that's a lot of printing.)

Loving the stuff so far, BTW. It was hard to get on the glass right (wish I'd watched how on youtube first.) But once it was on, I wiped it once with acetone to get my finger grease off, and I've been printing ever since. I just let it cool, pop the part off, and start the next print. And it just sticks. No glue sticks, no cleaning. No drudge, no drama!

No idea how long single sheet lasts (only a few days into it), but with autoleveling, you're not likely to rip it with your nozzle.
I do miss the cool crinkly noise from a part releasing from the glue-on-glass as it cools, and the matte finish the glue leaves, but I can live with that.

scruffybob wrote:

... Amazon B00PHEKFHM ...

Good to know about those replacement nozzles.  I wonder how often people replace the extruder nozzle.  It seems like it would last a long time.

albc3d wrote:

Good to know about those replacement nozzles.  I wonder how often people replace the extruder nozzle.  It seems like it would last a long time.

In my case, I had a particularly stubborn jam/clog (burnt ABS) that was NOT behaving. I soaked the entire nozzle in a cup of acetone for a few hours, poking inside with some breadboard wire every few minutes, and that took care of it - but before that, I was contemplating just saying "screw it" and plopping in a new nozzle, except for the "what if it's the wrong size?" issue.

albc3d wrote:
scruffybob wrote:

... Amazon B00PHEKFHM ...

For any future readers - these nozzles are *NOT* compatible with the Solidoodle Press. I wrote a longer explanation in this post but the short of it is that these nozzles are flat across the top. The one that comes with the Solidoodle Press has a slight indent so that the piece on top nests inside. Using one of these nozzles let ABS leak and I'd get a clog after printing for about 15 seconds every time.

then what kind of nozzels are compatible whit the press ?

SOME of them are - I ordered a pack of 5 last week, and they have the reverse-flaring for mating to the inlet fixture. But given the commodification of parts and vendors at Amazon, I'd wager that you're going to have a deuce of a time confirming which nozzles have which specific variants for their fittings.

Guess I just got unlucky then. I've looked at some other suppliers on Amazon and it's hard to tell from the photos if they even claim to have that reverse-flaring. Luckily at least they're cheap.

19 (edited by willthewill 2015-05-19 07:43:38)

elmoret wrote:

http://www.filastruder.com/collections/ … -cartridge
24v, 25w is what you want for the Press.

So this heater is compatible with the press?

Yes.

SD Press - v1 (Pre-order) / RAMPs /w DRV8825's / Cyclops (25w) / Dual Bowden / Mk8 Gear / MK2b PCB Heat bed /w custom replacement Z / PEI Bed
SD2 / E3D v6 / Direct Drive / Mk8 Gear / RAMBo v1.3 / PEI Bed / Anti Z backlash mod / Ikea Expedite enclosure.
Both Driven by Octoprint (devel) via a RPi B+ / Neopixel status alerts / GPIO Controlled SSR / (SD2) 450 Watt PSU for remote power-up/shutdown.

Order done! Thanks!

I had a wire break on my extruder heater and found this replacement on amazon, made just for the press. It works great. http://www.amazon.com/Solidoodle-Replac … 014Q6OPM2/