Topic: Low Polygon Printable Mask

STL: Low Polygon Printable Mask
Repetier-Host-Mac .51 / Slic3r 97

.3mm / 3 shells / 10% hexagon infill / 4mm brim
Octave White filament

I think I scaled it to .85 as I didn't want to bottom out my bed with the current leveling screws I have superglued on take up a decent amount of vertical space. I need to switch over to the flush design soon.

I have been pretty happy with what my solidoodle can do without the fan mod.  Almost zero cleanup needed on this one but there are a couple of cracks on the edge from ABS warping

http://distilleryimage2.s3.amazonaws.com/5f6e495c5aa811e2bd9a22000a9f14ba_7.jpg

Re: Low Polygon Printable Mask

it's the next on my list :-D .. great print

How long was this print?

5.5 hours

Which flush design do you speak of? I have these, http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:38064, which prevent the bed going down all the way, so i've been looking to modify them, or find a flush one.

...sativas are for smoking!

Creation, those are the ones I was going to print. How do those prevent the bed from going down all the way? They have an open back so you should of been able to screw them all the way on.

creationblur wrote:

Which flush design do you speak of? I have these, http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:38064, which prevent the bed going down all the way, so i've been looking to modify them, or find a flush one.

I designed this part: I did not realize that it caused a problem when the bed was all the way down.  I supplied the SKP file (Sketchup) so you could modify it fairly easily in Sketchup (freeware).

Nickythegreek, they would screw all the way in if you thread them first, is my guess. I did not have the tools to do this, and while trying to get them all the way in, the leveling screw began to turn. I just gave up. I would suggest to you, raise the bed til it hits the end stop, then take it all the way down to 150mm, and check your distance from the end of the screw to the floor of the SD. With these on, I hit 147mm and, well, let's just say I found out the hard way they weren't in far enough. I am going to try removing them soon, but I used superglue:-(  I just rushed to get them on, should've measured twice, you know. But you've been warned! I was going to just take the "cone" off it in sketchup, just haven't got around to it. And my sketchup skills sssssuuuccck!
They do work, and fit around the screw perfectly, so thanks jon!

Here you go: no cone!

Post's attachments

Solidoodle Jon\'s Thumb Screw No Cone.skp 29.22 kb, 9 downloads since 2013-01-12 

Solidoodle Jon\'s Thumb Screw No Cone.stl 60.56 kb, 39 downloads since 2013-01-12 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Thank you! These work perfectly!